Bedknobs and Broomsticks (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Jan 30, 2013
FFO, Germany
Release date: November 9th, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi (Live Sat 10/24 6pm UK time)
Price: £15.99

11182337-1234334249054724.jpg

11182337-9024334249068821.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It was an error by Amazon to list it, this is a Zavvi exclusive.

Amazon have cancelled theirs and this is not the first time I don't know why they allow people to order and then do this when it was obvious in this case it would be a zavvi exclusive

How would it be obvious?. Maybe some of the Disney titles aren't all exclusive to Zavvi.
BD Steelbook was listed in the title description when you see this it is a Zavvi exclusive that is how lot of us knew this would be a Zavvi exclusive
Every previous Zavvi exclusive that amazon list by error has BD Steelbook in the description

Amazon can only sell these after release date and will only be from Third Party Sellers
Anytime Amazon list a steelbook for pre order with BD Steelbook in the description the order will get cancelled by amazon if your order

Why these listings keep appearing on Amazon is not fully known but every time the order will not be supplied by Amazon as a pre order as it is another retailer exclusive

Last edited:
Reactions: Flash
Unfortunately Amazon hasn't got a clue about these random "BD" steelbook listings that crop up occasionally on their site and you just have to read their response to my message to them posted here (nos.32 and 35) to see that.
Furthermore I would guess that they have no immediate plans to put a stop to this practice.
It is very annoying and misleading and not something I expect to see happening time-after-time on Amazon (n)

Reactions: Flash
Anyone know why this Disney steelbook is cheaper than usual (for this style/type of steelbook)?
I hope it's not because they skimped on the 'extra' work and only embossed the title . . .

The price been less is more likely just to sell more as a pre order as they not been selling as much as a pre orders recently when the price has been £19.99
I'm not going to start questioning the price been less it's good for all and long term good for Zavvi as they will sell better

It means they have better chance of selling more stock and not have lot of unsold stock in their warehouse

When is the next Buy one get one free sale :LOL::rofl:

Reactions: Flloydo
The price been less is more likely just to sell more as a pre order as they not been selling as much as a pre orders recently when the price has been £19.99
I'm not going to start questioning the price been less it's good for all and long term good for Zavvi as they will sell better

It means they have better chance of selling more stock and not have lot of unsold stock in their warehouse

When is the next Buy one get one free sale :LOL::rofl:

I also thought because of this

Well I've put a order in and if it is not sold out by say 2nd or 3rd then I'll cancel hopefully just in time before they take payment.
If I do cancel then hopefully I can pick up in December, I do love this film and want to add it to the ever growing Disney collection but I'm a bit too skint next month and this will really push it lol.

It might even get pushed back a week or 2

Should be on Tuesday the 10th November . . . no, seriously, that was a BAD idea to include "TPatF" in the BOGOF as it upset more than a few people !

Anyone know why this Disney steelbook is cheaper than usual (for this style/type of steelbook)?
I hope it's not because they skimped on the 'extra' work and only embossed the title . . .

My guess is because it's a less popular title (not nearly as popular as another one we can compare it to, Mary Poppins), it's not an animated classic and it's not a recent film (like Zavvi's John Carter, Real Steel or Tron Legacy).

Before this thread opened I had never heard of it, because as much as I like Disney I tend to skip 'older' films mixing live-action and animation (Pete's Dragon is another example, and they did a bunch of hybrids in the 1940's that I'm in no rush to discover).

Reactions: virkia

Maybe because its mostly people in their 60's or older who enjoy this movie.

I haven't seen it in years and years and it's certainly taken a while to land in the U.K. in steelbook form let alone in a plastic case so I take onboard both 'popularity' comments and the feeling that it is not almost universally beloved like "Mary Poppins".
I just hope that this is not a 'cheapo' substandard Disney with no embossing apart from the title (if that is embossed) to explain the lower than expected price of GBP 16.99 - 19.99.

Well I'm 29 and I love it and haven't seen it since I was about 14.
I used to have it on VHS the same with Petes dragon, song of the south and Winnie the Pooh.
Me and my sister used to watch these all the time when we were kids and she's 4 years younger than me.
Really hope for Petes dragon and Winnie the Pooh steels for the collection.
Would love song of the south but that's never going to happen lol