Beetlejuice (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Strangerbyday

Premium Supporter
Jun 4, 2015
Ireland
Release date: October 5, 2020
Purchase link: SteelBook with Slipcase - SteelBook Only (Pre-order Thursday July 16 at 3 PM for Red Carpet subscribers, 6 PM general sale for separate steelbook, UK time)
Price:
£28.99 (Slipcase Edition) - £24.99 (Steelbook only Edition)
Notes: Slipcase edition exclusive to Red Carpet subscribers

Ec4DAegWoAEMVUD.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Bumped back up to a 15 certificate? Am I mistaken in thinking this had been knocked down to a 12 cert?
No, you are not mistaken:

As you say, it was originally given a 15 certificate, but this was knocked down last year. Specifically, the standard movie AND 4K versions for home video release were classified by the bbfc as 12A on 5th October 2018.

I can't see anything about any extras being rated as 15, apart from the original trailer, though, which, if included, could drive the overall rating of the package, I guess. I know some releases have had a higher rating than the feature due to the extras being rated higher e.g. some of the commentaries on the recent Doctor Who blu-ray releases have pushed the ratings up to 12 on what would otherwise be PG rated material.

• Informative
Reactions: Punker76
wasn't overly keen on the Goonies steelbook but was contemplating the RC subscription for the slip but after seeing this then ill definitely be joining as I love this slip and steel.

Special Features:

• Soundtrack CD Sampler showcasing Danny Elfman’s score and featuring Harry Belafonte’s timeless performance
  • 3 Hilarious episodes from the animated Beetlejuice TV Series:
    • “A-HA!”
    • “Skeletons in the Closet”
    • “Spooky Boo-Tique”
  • Theatrical Trailer

So...the first real "exclusive" steelbook related item for RC subscribers is a slipcase that costs an extra £4? (Unless I missed a previous even more exciting offer?) :LOL:
Plus that art...:bag:

Reactions: Punker76
Why are they ruining these films. Just got a email from WB store showing the standard 4K editions for this, goonies and both Sherlock Holmes films. Art is just so much better

I don’t know what’s worse, the Sherlock Holmes steelbooks coming soon with that terrible square art and a number system on the back for 2 poxy films, this rubbish or the plain bland goonies steel. All of them are peak awful

the standard slip art for Sherlock Holmes would work well on a steelbook too

Since when, were Lime Green and Iridescent Puce part of the color palette with BETTLEJUICE?!:yuck:

Oddly I do actually associate those colours with him. Well ill just say purple instead of puce tho

Quite like the slip, the steel is a bit meh, but not horrible. The 4K normal artwork is better (as it often is imo). Still may pick it up.