Beetlejuice (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Added to Calendar: 10-05-20

Jun 13, 2013
Bumped back up to a 15 certificate? Am I mistaken in thinking this had been knocked down to a 12 cert?

Feb 22, 2013
UK
Bumped back up to a 15 certificate? Am I mistaken in thinking this had been knocked down to a 12 cert?
No, you are not mistaken:

As you say, it was originally given a 15 certificate, but this was knocked down last year. Specifically, the standard movie AND 4K versions for home video release were classified by the bbfc as 12A on 5th October 2018.

I can't see anything about any extras being rated as 15, apart from the original trailer, though, which, if included, could drive the overall rating of the package, I guess. I know some releases have had a higher rating than the feature due to the extras being rated higher e.g. some of the commentaries on the recent Doctor Who blu-ray releases have pushed the ratings up to 12 on what would otherwise be PG rated material.

• Informative
Reactions: Punker76

Robles

Premium Supporter
Nov 9, 2018
UK
wasn't overly keen on the Goonies steelbook but was contemplating the RC subscription for the slip but after seeing this then ill definitely be joining as I love this slip and steel.

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Special Features:

• Soundtrack CD Sampler showcasing Danny Elfman’s score and featuring Harry Belafonte’s timeless performance
  • 3 Hilarious episodes from the animated Beetlejuice TV Series:
    • “A-HA!”
    • “Skeletons in the Closet”
    • “Spooky Boo-Tique”
  • Theatrical Trailer

EvilThing

I'd buy that for a dollar...
Premium Supporter
Feb 18, 2016
Manchester, UK
So...the first real "exclusive" steelbook related item for RC subscribers is a slipcase that costs an extra £4? (Unless I missed a previous even more exciting offer?) :LOL:
Plus that art...:bag:

Reactions: Punker76

Flloydo

Yo honey-dips, summertime, fine Jheri drippin'
Premium Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
UK
Why are they ruining these films. Just got a email from WB store showing the standard 4K editions for this, goonies and both Sherlock Holmes films. Art is just so much better

I don’t know what’s worse, the Sherlock Holmes steelbooks coming soon with that terrible square art and a number system on the back for 2 poxy films, this rubbish or the plain bland goonies steel. All of them are peak awful

the standard slip art for Sherlock Holmes would work well on a steelbook too

Flloydo

Yo honey-dips, summertime, fine Jheri drippin'
Premium Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
UK
Since when, were Lime Green and Iridescent Puce part of the color palette with BETTLEJUICE?!:yuck:
Oddly I do actually associate those colours with him. Well ill just say purple instead of puce tho

May 4, 2013
Scotland, UK
This is a shrewd marketing ploy from Zavvi in a way to add a slipcase edition and charge for it. Hats off. I like this very much. Kinda grows on you the more you look at it.

Reactions: Robles

jasong

You're Rick *uckin Dalton, and don't you forget it
Premium Supporter
Jul 3, 2019
UK
Quite like the slip, the steel is a bit meh, but not horrible. The 4K normal artwork is better (as it often is imo). Still may pick it up.