UK
Purchase: Amazon
Release:
November 9th, 2015
Price: £34.00

steel.jpg

1.jpg 2.jpg

Last edited:
Hello! I was lurking this thread (after finding one of your member's responses on Twitter) and just wanted to say thank you for all the lovely feedback/support! It's a great honour to win such a contest run by some of the most prestigious producers in television history.

First of all, yes, I am aware of the spine issue. I wanted to add some colour + text but ran out of time. I've tweeted the BCS guys and Sony asking if they could add a title before production (I hope they do!). Secondly, the back cover design is based from this promo pic: http://www.wired.com/wp-content/upl...a-ccac-8950-fcdb8d06b7be_Jimmy_Car_Mirror.jpg but from Jimmy's POV (I can't draw wing mirrors very well but you get the idea). I didn't think it resembled anything F1 based until some of you mentioned it! lol

Peter was holding the inside cover design upside down; my signature's on it so I hope they correct this. I agree with it the price tag being a bit steep...friends and family have been 'pestering' me for a copy when it comes out so would be nice to get some kind of special discount!

Thanks again! :D :kiss:
Welcome and congrats on winning! Your design just popped! Love the colors, vibrant without seeming over saturated. Can't wait to see it in hand.

@lazylee, congratulations on winning! :)

I just love the front cover - the overall mood is very befitting the series. Actually, it reminds me of paintings by Caspar David Friedrich a little bit. :)

Hello! I was lurking this thread (after finding one of your member's responses on Twitter) and just wanted to say thank you for all the lovely feedback/support! It's a great honour to win such a contest run by some of the most prestigious producers in television history.

First of all, yes, I am aware of the spine issue. I wanted to add some colour + text but ran out of time. I've tweeted the BCS guys and Sony asking if they could add a title before production (I hope they do!). Secondly, the back cover design is based from this promo pic: http://www.wired.com/wp-content/upl...a-ccac-8950-fcdb8d06b7be_Jimmy_Car_Mirror.jpg but from Jimmy's POV (I can't draw wing mirrors very well but you get the idea). I didn't think it resembled anything F1 based until some of you mentioned it! lol

Peter was holding the inside cover design upside down; my signature's on it so I hope they correct this. I agree with it the price tag being a bit steep...friends and family have been 'pestering' me for a copy when it comes out so would be nice to get some kind of special discount!

Thanks for taking the time to sign up and post on HDN. Congrats on the win! :thumbs:

I love the artwork its fantastic a job well done :woot: i think Vince mentioned in the first video Sony required text will be on the steelbook i guess its the Sony pictures logo on the spine, also WELCOME to HDN :woot::cool::joy::smuggrin:

Yes I am slightly concerned about the colours it looks like they might make it a very flat matte finish :/

If the title is bold that would be good.
What did the winner get?? Just to have it made?

I'd be wanting some $ it's their design and surely copyright?

If the title is bold that would be good.
What did the winner get?? Just to have it made?

I'd be wanting some $ it's their design and surely copyright?
The winner and the runners-up get a signed copy of their work. :thumbs:

• Helpful Post
Reactions: luke98