Buy links:
Amazon UK - £16.42
Zavvi - £17.99

CONFIRMED TO BE REGION B LOCKED

0.jpg

bigtrouble.jpg

Source

Last edited by a moderator:
Had no idea this was so sought after... I originally picked up the steel as a blind buy back when it was first released. Definitely a stunning looking release... more steels need to use the original poster art, especially when it's by Struzan!

This is one of the steelbooks where most people did not want to pay the £17.99 asking price and wanted to wait for a price drop of £9.99 something like that. I too wanted to wait for the drop down but decided to bite at full price. Most I seen reduced was £15. Now a lot regretted not buying one at cost when it sold out! Going for crazy prices!

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: dan8885
This is one of the steelbooks where most people did not want to pay the £17.99 asking price and wanted to wait for a price drop of £9.99 something like that. I too wanted to wait for the drop down but decided to bite at full price. Most I seen reduced was £15. Now a lot of regretted not buying one at cost when it sold out! Going for crazy prices!

I wasn't around here when it went live so I sadly didn't knew about until it was already expensive.

But, what you described happened to me with the Metropolis Steelbook from Eureka :hurting::smashed::facepalm::banghead:

This is one of the steelbooks where most people did not want to pay the £17.99 asking price and wanted to wait for a price drop of £9.99 something like that. I too wanted to wait for the drop down but decided to bite at full price. Most I seen reduced was £15. Now a lot regretted not buying one at cost when it sold out! Going for crazy prices!

Got mine £13.99 direct from Arrow in March 2013. Glory days. I've sold quite a few of my Arrow steelbooks recently but unlikely to sell this one.

That's one of the few steelbooks that escaped me. I ordered it but it never turned up and by the time it was dealt with the damn thing sold out. So all i got was a refund.

Here's my copy real nice steel. Think mine cost around £15 with a discount code. As this was one of my fav comedy action movies it was a must for me so I was lucky to order this and not wait for the price drop. I got it, opened it up thinking nice steel, when the price drops I get another copy as I was skint at the time. 3 months later OOS going for like £30 - £50! I regret opening my copy now!

IMG_5614.JPG

IMG_5615.JPG
IMG_5616.JPG
IMG_5618.JPG
IMG_5619.JPG
IMG_5620.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Got mine £13.99 direct from Arrow

in March 2013. Glory days. I've sold quite a few of my Arrow steelbooks recently but unlikely to sell this one.

I don't think I could sell this either. Some steels you can but if I did I would only regret it later. It is one of the funniest martial arts movie I have ever seen!

I sold my sealed one at cost not so long ago just to be nice:) Kind of regret it, not because I could get good money for it but because it's an excellent release. ;)

Man that is just too damn generous of you! I wouldn't had done that. I would at least trade it for a steel of equivalent value that they got for 'cost price' so you don't lose out and your friend gets a steel without paying silly prices. I hope he returns a favour to you, especially when he sticks it on ebay later :cautious:

That's one of the few steelbooks that escaped me. I ordered it but it never turned up and by the time it was dealt with the damn thing sold out. So all i got was a refund.

Yep I can feel your pain, similar situation Frozen Zavvi arrived dented. Returned it (even I could had ordered again as it was in stock) for a replacement. Zavvi being Zavvi take ages for a reply, then fluff around with pictures, then offer a silly 10% discount, the wait for the authorisation then the post, of course Frozen was sold out, never came back in stock again. What dipstick I looked, pre-ordered ages ago only to find nothing apart from an Aamray for now at the time :LOL:

Reactions: spass
Anything i buy is for viewing and for keeping. The only time I sell is if a newer better copy from a different label comes along and it frees up my spare copy. Good example. I sold my Criterion The Third Man simply because the remastered Studio Canal copy was way way better so I don't see the point in hanging on to it. On the other hand I won't be getting rid of my Criterion Purple Noon as it's still way better than the recent Studio Canal pressing.

I sold my sealed one at cost not so long ago just to be nice:) Kind of regret it, not because I could get good money for it but because it's an excellent release. ;)

He won't, it's been opened and treasured. I know that my work have been done, just like I wanted to. ;) He's happy, I'm happy. :thumbs: :)

Well....lol! It's a difficult one, haha. Let's just say I should had more copies of this.

I love helping fellow collectors out. Doesn't mean I still wish I had this. :whistle:

The Ninja Spirit :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

tumblr_nnh00hF4Qn1r5lqijo1_500.gif