PS4 Biohazard RE: 2 Pre-Order Steelbook (GEO/JPN) PS4

Apr 16, 2012
234d5e013957a94d32f736040170b61b.jpg

https://ec.geo-online.co.jp/shop/g/g513267701/

Love the steelbook, but that price.. :confused: Strange that the page doesn't mention what else is included in this collector's edition

JP one is cool indeed, but I like the chinese too (with spot gloss finish).

The important thing: both are way better than our western Steelbook...
but no way im paying 75$ for an empty steelcase, the people bought for 15$ lol

CAPCOM YOU SUCK FOR RELEASING DIFFERENT STEELS WORLDWIDE AND GIVING NA a CRAPPY ONE!

All GAMERS WANT THE ASIAN STEELBOOKS made for this game AND you region lock your better packaging to ASIA! GO TO HELL CAPCOM.... The world knows now your WHACK BUSINESS STRATEGY! I hope the T-Virus INFECTS all of Capcom!

How come there are no Group Buys for Game steelbooks like the China RE Steelbook and Devil May Cry 5 Japan steelbook? They are even harder to obtain then getting a Blufans One Click?

CAPCOM YOU SUCK FOR RELEASING DIFFERENT STEELS WORLDWIDE AND GIVING NA a CRAPPY ONE!

All GAMERS WANT THE ASIAN STEELBOOKS made for this game AND you region lock your better packaging to ASIA! GO TO HELL CAPCOM.... The world knows now your WHACK BUSINESS STRATEGY! I hope the T-Virus INFECTS all of Capcom!

How come there are no Group Buys for Game steelbooks like the China RE Steelbook and Devil May Cry 5 Japan steelbook? They are even harder to obtain then getting a Blufans One Click?
I think most of the world got the crappy steel :p
And it's not just Capcom that release different / exclusive steelbooks in different markets - many games seem to have steelbooks exclusive to NA / Europe and some come free as a pre-order bonus, whereas I usually have to pay extra for the steelbook (if we even get one).
I'm not familiar with GEO but they seem to release exclusive steelbooks for certain games (Ace Combat 7, Devil May Cry 5) so I think this is more of a GEO/Japan exclusive rather than a Capcom strategy.

but no way im paying 75$ for an empty steelcase, the people bought for 15$ lol

I am so happy that I was able to snag this for $15, seeing the price that this is going for on eBay. xD
I saw that they were releasing this beauty for Resident Evil and I just HAD to get it.

Yes- steelbooks released in Japan are not only fewer and further between- but the bluray market IN GENERAL in Japan is massively inflated from that of what we have here in the states.
In mostly every part of the world, mass media consumption led to the bluray price dropping from $60 (at the very least) to a more manageable $15-$25. With DVD's still being a very large and very viable market in Japan- Blurays themselves were never brought down in price. That's why every Bluray release for Japan can range between $60-$90, or- if you purchase Box Sets for Anime's or TV Series' up to $700. This is why there is such a large industry in Japan of buying US Anime BluRay sets and importing them to Japan.

So in short- Steelbooks are less frequently produced and are usually drastically more expensive in Japan. Which is why I am assuming there are no GB's for them.

Reactions: Funashi