Birds Of Prey: And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (HMV Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: June 15, 2020
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £29.99
Notes: Exclusive Artwork to HMV Steelbook

FF9E6BEA-1AE5-46B2-AE8C-DBE3E836D8F1.jpeg

01-166620.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Robles and Scraggy
I think everybody knows Joker isn't 'DCEU' and thankfully so. Joker is in a different league as far as DC films go... regardless of the universe it does or does not exist in, standalone or otherwise.
I just felt BoP was a weak film with a weak storyline and a Harley Quinn story would have been much better without a 'team' or the Birds behind her. I don't care for any of the other characters and I feel they are easily forgetable. None of them shone for me like Harley did in Suicide Squad (however bad that film was to some).

It doesn't matter anyway, it's subjective.
I personally found the film just 'ok' and you found it to be 'amazing'.

Thought the Joker movie was less than even just ok, and his Oscar speech made me dislike it even more. Harley on the other hand was ace. DC mixed with Tarantino

Reactions: Ephoenix
Literally only just read about this. I really hope not. Love that weird title

Well I just read its for Cinemas only, so thankfully we'll get the original title for home releases! :thumbs:

USA only title change in Cinemas to Harley Quinn:Birds of Prey by Warner USA

UK/Ireland Cinemas title remains the same Birds of Prey unless Warner UK decide UK/Ireland gets a name change in the Cinemas

Looks like its happening in the UK aswell, as the cinema I work for have changed it to Harley Quinn: Birds of Prey too

They really shot themselves in the foot with the title in my opinion.
The Birds of Prey does not have brand recognition at all to your average movie goer, it should have been called Harley Quinn & the Birds of Prey from Day 1.
I understand what they're going for but the long title starting off with Birds of Prey might confuse people.

I still enjoyed it for the most part but its definitely weaker than it should have been. Have preordered it all the same!

Just got back from seeing. Enjoyed it and some great moments but something was missing

happy it was R rated though

Birds of Prey sounds like a wildlife documentary.

the trailer doesn't make me want to see the film.

So it's the same as Best Buy, that sucks I was hoping for new steelbook WEA art :( Maybe it will surprise and have full or spot gloss, I assume the BB steel is just matte. Either way I like the front art quite a bit.
The Cinemuseum Boxset will be tough for HDzeta to beat. I'm looking forward to their BS and hopefully it will rock as well :woot::woot:

Hopefully the title isn’t too far up the spine like in the mock up. Looks a bit odd.
Love the art though

Reactions: Noodles
it seems few of you live in an USA & UK only world
it isnt the same as the best buy ...it's a WWA, so same artwork in multiple countries.

so far:
US / Canada
Germany
Italy
France
UK

even when other countries reveal the artwork first few of you call it best buy / hmv artwork

How dare you put U.K. last on that list. Who the hell is France?

it seems few of you live in an USA & UK only world
it isnt the same as the best buy ...it's a WWA, so same artwork in multiple countries.

so far:
US / Canada
Germany
Italy
France
UK

even when other countries reveal the artwork first few of you call it best buy / hmv artwork

Not Canada. There isn't a steelbook release in Canada.
So far anyway. Nothing announced. We didn't get Joker either.

Reactions: tha_lunatic
Updated release date just in from HMV :-

An update on your order
Hi
We’ve got an update on your store.hmv.com for the below title:
ROBBIE, MARGOT: MARY ELIZABETH
BIRDS OF PREY & THE FANTABULOU
UHD
We’ve just been advised by the manufacturers that the release date for the above item has changed to 15/06/2020 and your order will therefore be processed and dispatched nearer to this date.
Got any questions? Please visit our FAQ'Sfor support.
Kind regards

• Thanks
Reactions: spookz
judging by the Aussie release, the title for this will be on a baseball bat shaped j-card... shame that. May just cancel this and wait to see if Manta do anything

This is the Taiwan release (not mine)

Scroll for video and you'll see a spot gloss finish, the USA edition is full gloss and @willbar84 you confirmed your Aussie edition is just matte yeah?

Will he happy if the UK get either full gloss or spot gloss tbh

Thanks for the in hand video mate it looks really nice in spot gloss. The Aussie version is definitely Zero as there’s a metallic quality to it that this Taiwan one doesn’t appear to have.

Reactions: tommyh84
I'm not sure what to do about this.
I have paid for a copy in my local store. but that is closed and goodness knows when it will re-open, i assume they will still get the pre-orders in but a little nervous, might have to order off their website just in case

This is the Taiwan release (not mine)

Scroll for video and you'll see a spot gloss finish, the USA edition is full gloss and @willbar84 you confirmed your Aussie edition is just matte yeah?

Will he happy if the UK get either full gloss or spot gloss tbh

Had my Aussie BoP steelbook in better light today and can confirm it is actually spot gloss with a metallic matte/zero base on the front and zero base with spot gloss on the back.

Reactions: DMD4k