May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
4.25 star(s) Rating: 4.25/5 4 Votes
Title: Birds of Prey

Genre: Action, Crime, Drama

Director: Cathy Yan

Cast: Margot Robbie

Release: 2020-02-07

Plot: After splitting up with The Joker, Harley Quinn and three other female superheroes – Black Canary, Huntress and Renee Montoya – come together to save the life of a little girl (Cassandra Cain) from an evil crime lord.

One comment that peaked my interest was something along the lines of "best action scene involving a baseball bat since The Raid 2"

There’s an awesome “batflip” that Harley does in one of the music video promos that I’m hoping has made it into the movie and sounds very like it could be part of this scene.

Reactions: vexred
Woohoo tickets are all booked for Thursday the 6th of February, seeing Birds of Prey first in Dolby Gold Class and then later on in the evening which I’m even more excited about I’m seeing it at one of the only three 4DX Cinemas in the country :cigar: which opened up just late last year. Ooh yeah I so can’t wait :joy::drool:

• Wow
Reactions: Basil and vexred
Righty ho. Got my tickets pre-booked for Sat 8th and a small & unlikely opportunity to win a Harley Quinn replica of the mallet. That would just be a cherry on top would it not if I was a winner :thumbs:

@willbar84 Hope you have a great time seeing it before everyone else, you lucky one! No spoilers afterwards, promise? C'mon movie be DC great for us to enjoy :joy:

Righty ho. Got my tickets pre-booked for Sat 8th and a small & unlikely opportunity to win a Harley Quinn replica of the mallet. That would just be a cherry on top would it not if I was a winner :thumbs:

@willbar84 Hope you have a great time seeing it before everyone else, you lucky one! No spoilers afterwards, promise? C'mon movie be DC great for us to enjoy :joy:

Enjoy mate :joy: I’ve heard nothing but great positive feedback for this from the London and Mexico Premiere. It’s going to be balls to the wall bat **** crazy and a real blast from start to end something quite not like we’ve ever seen before in a CBM especially pushing the R Rating boundaries :cool: good luck with winning the replica of Harley’s mallet I hope you win bud that would be icing on the cake of a great day/night.

Thanks, I was hoping for a opening midnight screening like they did with Suicide Squad as the atmosphere was amazing but a double bill with only a few hours apart on opening day will be just as good or if not better I think. Oh and don’t worry I promise I will be spoiler free as possible as I know how frustrating that can be will use spoiler tags if required.

Reactions: GeoRattray
Today is the today, today is the day! So can’t wait to see it in a few hours and then later on in the evening again in an action packed 4DX cinema where I can feel every beat of this film in all its glory. Birds of Prey and Harley Quinn here I come :joy::drool:

1580940998796.gif

Today is the today, today is the day! So can’t wait to see it in a few hours and then later on in the evening again in an action packed 4DX cinema where I can feel every beat of this film in all its glory. Birds of Prey and Harley Quinn here I come :joy::drool:

With the time change you get to see it so much earlier then I do! Not fair. I still have to wait 26 hours. :(

One thing that kind of concerns me... I have opening night IMAX tickets and the theater is almost empty. I don't get it?
Screen Shot 2020-02-05 at 4.39.04 PM.png
Normally movies like this are sold out in my area for the first showing...

Wow that was simply amazing absolutely loved it from start to finish with the tone, aesthetics and the way it handles the R Rated content is unlike anything we’ve ever seen before which makes it its own and another real standout entry in the DCEU. Margot takes Harley to the next level and really digs into the core of her character showing there is life for her outside the toxic relationship she had with The Joker. Her gymnastics skill sets plays a big part in this movie which makes the fight choreography and action scenes with the birds a delight to watch ‘chefs kiss’, it’s so damn good from the baseball bat fight scene to the rain fight scene and to the booby trap fight scene. You can see BoP paying a lot of homage to Jimmy and Amanda’s run with Harley in the comics and also breaks the fourth wall in some instances aswell which is a nice touch. The integration of the birds is done quite well along with Harley’s quirky narration throughout the movie. There is one scene I noticed which has been used from the deleted scenes of Suicide Squad but other than that it does make a few references to SS aswell. Ewen nails it as Black Mask and while it’s not as good as Shannon’s performance as Zod as some have noted it’s still quite up there with the best of the Villians in the DCEU. The only slight nit pick I have with it is theve altered Cassandra Cain’s character unrecognisable to the source of the comics not sure if this has been retconned or will lead into more of the core of the character with a future event in BoP 2 or one of the spin offs. Definitely hopes this leads to Gotham City Sirens and would also love to see more of Black Canary and Huntress characters develop in future movies.

With the time change you get to see it so much earlier then I do! Not fair. I still have to wait 26 hours. :(

One thing that kind of concerns me... I have opening night IMAX tickets and the theater is almost empty. I don't get it?
View attachment 461289
Normally movies like this are sold out in my area for the first showing...

With my first viewing there was definitely more bums on seats then what was shown when I checked seating allocation last night so I guess it just depends when the GP buy their tickets either online or just before the session. In saying that though just sat down for my 4DX showing and there’s plenty of seating available and lines up with what I saw with seating allocation last night but I think this has more to factor in with the up charge for 4DX.

Reactions: kaw and vexred
With my first viewing there was definitely more bums on seats then what was shown when I checked seating allocation last night so I guess it just depends when the GP buy their tickets either online or just before the session. In saying that though just sat down for my 4DX showing and there’s plenty of seating available and lines up with what I saw with seating allocation last night but I think this has more to factor in with the up charge for 4DX.
Glad you liked the film. Did the 4DX experience add much to the adrenaline rush of being one of the first to see it?

Still got another 60 hours before I see it, can't wait :thumbs:

Glad you liked the film. Did the 4DX experience add much to the adrenaline rush of being one of the first to see it?

Still got another 60 hours before I see it, can't wait :thumbs:

Cheers mate. First experience with 4DX and I fkn loved it definitely added to the adrenaline rush seeing it day 1 it was like being on a roller coaster in some parts especially with the outstanding fight scenes. 60 hours not to bad that’s not that long just try and stay away from spoilers, but when your time comes enjoy :thumbs:. Oh btw there’s no mid credit scene but there is an “end credit scene” if you can call it that it’s not essential you stick around for it and very brief doesn’t take to long to pop up. What I do love like with Shazam IIRC we get the proper DC animation intro at the start of this, it’s great to see this making more of an appearance now.

I forgot the reason why I'm on this forum is because I collect stelbooks. So is that going to be the art as shown in the Best Buy thread :thumbs:

:LOL: It’s abit like that, thanks for the heads up OMG I’m not one for WWA DC steelbooks but I may just need to import this one as I’ve loved that poster since I layed eyes on it :drool:

Reactions: GeoRattray
OK Just saw it and totally loved it!

Honestly... This might be the best "DCEU film" thus far (Although I still really love Man of Steel so I won't crown it just yet). But Wow, this feels more like John Wick or Deadpool then a DC movie.
It has some really amazing fight scenes and all the characters are freakin' great.

My only issue with the film is I wish there was more Huntress. She kind of draws the short straw but the time she is on screen she is fantastic.

Don't sleep on this one. I was a little unsure about it going in and came out a BIG FAN.

OK Just saw it and totally loved it!

Honestly... This might be the best "DCEU film" thus far (Although I still really love Man of Steel so I won't crown it just yet). But Wow, this feels more like John Wick or Deadpool then a DC movie.
It has some really amazing fight scenes and all the characters are freakin' great.

My only issue with the film is I wish there was more Huntress. She kind of draws the short straw but the time she is on screen she is fantastic.

Don't sleep on this one. I was a little unsure about it going in and came out a BIG FAN.

Great to hear you loved it, I can see this creating a whirlwind of buzz at the box office as there is so much to love about this as it is truly one of a kind. Have to agree Huntress / MEW doesn’t get much limelight but when she does she owns the character plus the scene with her own cute lil quirkiness filled with rage lol. One character I appreciated a lot more on the second viewing was Zsasz / Messina while he doesn’t get much screen time or lines he delivers as he’s quite obsessed with Black Mask who make a perfect duo but it’s more what he doesn’t say to give him that fierce demeanour when he gets screen time. This movie is definitely top 3 for me in the DCEU, here’s hoping it leads to Gotham City Sirens or a Dinah and Oli movie or another BoP but later on down the track so they can introduce Oracle or Babs as team leader once she has been established in her Solo movie.

Reactions: GeoRattray and kaw