Black Hawk Down (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Kimchivdvd Exclusive No.32) [Korea]

Mar 21, 2013
South Korea
Release date: March 29, 2016
Purchase link: Black Hawk Down - Pre-order March 11 at 2 PM (Korea time) - Timezone converter HERE
Price: $34.99
Note: 2,000 Copies + Numbered Sticker

12794677_1841085699451972_7802872983350052910_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
got my copy today

pros:
  • fantastic work on this slip, embossing is top notch

(big) cons:
  • images on the steelbook (front and the back) are much darker than on the play.com one
  • blu-ray transfer is a disaster comparing to the play.com release... ://
    picture has a strange green tone, too much contrast and sharpness

Last edited:
got my copy today

pros:
  • fantastic work on this slip, embossing is top notch

(big) cons:
  • images on the steelbook (front and the back) are much darker than on the play.com one

If it is Sony and MPEG-2 it should be identical. Would be surprised if Sony messed about with the transfer.

Nice pick ups @Apollon :thumbs: Black Hawk down is one of my all time favorites. I have the Play.com version so I passed on Kimchi's but I'm still a little jealous ;)

Thanks @Phantasmic :D

One of my favs as well. I also have the Deluxe Edition (found HERE).

And I'm eyeing the Japanese Collector's Box (thread HERE) but waiting to see actual pics first.

Reactions: Phantasmic
just opened mine last night. slip is super nicely made. glossy with great texturing. steelbook is decent but definitely "old school style". artwork is muted and not very good resolution. seems very plain jane compared to current steelbooks.

I had never seen this movie until last night. What a crazy wild ride! Top notch film. :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: Jedi clare
I'm glad you bumped this... reminds me that I still haven't received my copy??
Applying your tracking number from the GB thread at 17track.net yields this result:
17track said:
2016-04-11 11:14 LOS ANGELES, CA 90003, Delivered, Your item was delivered at 11:14 am on April 11, 2016 in LOS ANGELES, CA 90003.

That certainly doesn't sound right as you mentioned in an earlier post that you're in Alaska.

Reactions: FightingPhantom
(big) cons:

Thank you, very informative. I got both releases and actually planned to sell the UK Steelbook. Now I need to keep it, I guess.
I took some comparative images, the differences are quite obvious once you know it. Also, the UK print looks sharper.

Left: UK (Play.com)
Right: KR (Kimchi)

01.jpg 02.jpg 03.jpg 04.jpg

Nevertheless it's a great Steelbook.

Thank you for the beautiful pictures @megabee