Black Panther (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #48) [China]

Aug 25, 2011
Hong Kong
Release date: Late September 2018 (TBC)
Price: TBA
Note: The special empty box is available only when you buy Box set and 1/4 Slip together.
Group buy: One Click + 1/4 slip COMPLETE PACKAGE
ONE CLICK - DOUBLE LENTICULAR - SINGLE LENTICULAR - FULL SLIP - QUARTER SLIP (Storage box NOT included)

Important Group Buy update
Official update for all group buy participants -

The licensing agreement for Black Panther, for unknown reasons, still has not been resolved and because of this Infinity War will now be being released first (roughly early December time). The licensing agreement for Black Panther is looking to be completed around November time but because of the other releases (infinity War, Greatest Showman, Three Billboards), Black Panther will not ship until January 2019 at the earliest.

Infinity War will ship with the same editions (1/4 slip + Box, One Click, DL, SL and full slip)

Group Buy members, we have a couple of options for you -

1. Transfer
Your Black Panther request will automatically be transferred to the same edition to that of Avengers: Infinity War. You will then be guaranteed a spot for Black Panther, which will be charged for again later on in the year (or potentially January 2019)

2. Refund
You can cancel your Black Panther request and be refunded. Please note that should you change your mind afterwards we cannot allow you to repurchase Black Panther. At this time there will not be a further GB for it (however this may change although not guaranteed)

3. Wait it out
Wait for Black Panther to be released. If you decide to wait it out, as a thank you we will enter you into a HDN sponsored prize draw.

The official GB for Avengers: Infinity War won't be live until November.

I will be sending this as a PM to all participants tomorrow too with the relevant instructions.

Boxset.jpgDL.jpg9a438038gy1ftrqchvap5j21ex0tzqam.jpgFullslip.jpgquarterslip.jpg
3193CF1B-C049-4898-9585-F28D4AD15C96.jpeg
455A29EF-9F42-4F09-A2C4-877D0A5DB6D3.jpeg
SL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had one instance in the past where a package from China was open and after some investigation, it turned out it was open for a random inspection in China before leaving the country. It sucks when it happens but as long as nothing's damaged/missing...

it seems possible. thank you very much for sharing your experience.

• Thanks
Reactions: IRON MAN
Hi @cooey, I sent you a private message and still no answer,
that's how I received my package. Do you think it's possible to do something?

IMG-1.JPGIMG-2.JPGIMG-7.JPGIMG-5.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know how to contact Blufans directly? Or put someone in touch with them?

Sold my SL, sealed , on eBay and the buyer is comaplaining about paint chips, despite explicity saying on the listing that I couldn’t not guarantee mint-ness below the wrapping.
Have a feeling they are going to be a headache (took a week to pay, and messaged me saying they will inspect the he item before messaging later saying there were flaws....sounds fishy. Amongst other red flags between contact with them) and would rather they contact and return/exchange direct with Blufans than have to go via me, all things considering.

Plus, I have a copy of IW with chips as well as some gloss error on my DL for this....it hardly ruins the finish and is so minor in my opinion...but I understand it’s a deal breaker for some,
Am just worried it’s a scam of some sorts.

Alternatively, can they send the slip/steel to Blufans direct, if I arrange it here? Or would it HAVE to come through me?
Wouldn’t Blufans accept the one copy from a OC to be exchanged? Am not willing or able to send the full OC to exchange(I only kept the 1/4 and DL in the end)

Sorry to ramble but am stressing a bit...should have closed the non-payment case the day before so they couldn’t pay, but forgot.

Anyone know how to contact Blufans directly? Or put someone in touch with them?

Sold my SL, sealed , on eBay and the buyer is comaplaining about paint chips, despite explicity saying on the listing that I couldn’t not guarantee mint-ness below the wrapping.
Have a feeling they are going to be a headache (took a week to pay, and messaged me saying they will inspect the he item before messaging later saying there were flaws....sounds fishy. Amongst other red flags between contact with them) and would rather they contact and return/exchange direct with Blufans than have to go via me, all things considering.

Plus, I have a copy of IW with chips as well as some gloss error on my DL for this....it hardly ruins the finish and is so minor in my opinion...but I understand it’s a deal breaker for some,
Am just worried it’s a scam of some sorts.

Alternatively, can they send the slip/steel to Blufans direct, if I arrange it here? Or would it HAVE to come through me?
Wouldn’t Blufans accept the one copy from a OC to be exchanged? Am not willing or able to send the full OC to exchange(I only kept the 1/4 and DL in the end)

Sorry to ramble but am stressing a bit...should have closed the non-payment case the day before so they couldn’t pay, but forgot.
Can't really help you out I'm afraid. Just here to say that it's nonsense complaining to a seller about something like this, regardless of what you stated in your description.
Poor move on the buyers part imo.

Can't really help you out I'm afraid. Just here to say that it's nonsense complaining to a seller about something like this, regardless of what you stated in your description.
Poor move on the buyers part imo.
Thanks man.
I’d never complain unless they were a business seller and had another copy to swap for, but am clearly a private seller and as mentioned, there were red flags....claiming they were waiting for payday(they could have messaged me to say they would pay later, others have done, but nothing untiL AFTER they paid...hence red flag for a blatant lie).

I replied to their first message ‘I will check contents to discuss’ (the language used is also strange) saying I’d happy cover postage damage and asked if they take pictures of damage before opening. Then not-surprisingly they complain of a smear/scratch on the lenti(which doesn’t show in the pics sent) and paint chips on the steel. Would I be out of line asking for a video of the flaw that shows the number on the slip also? I suspect a swap around personally..they won another, bought it, which arrived damaged so they then paid for mine and want to make out like mine had the flaws...my theory

Thing is, I can’t accept a return and resell as it’s opened now.

• Thanks
Reactions: matthewtheunicorn
Exactly why I don’t use eBay no more. He’s probably after a partial refund, I’ve had that happen many times, what I do is just say that they can return it and I’ll refund them. 99% of the time they just keep it.

Exactly why I don’t use eBay no more. He’s probably after a partial refund, I’ve had that happen many times, what I do is just say that they can return it and I’ll refund them. 99% of the time they just keep it.
I already reported them to eBay as the messages are all red flags but as it’s open i’ve Already refused a return.
Told them to contact Blufans but they claim I’d have to as they would require and order number...yet also claim they collect many blufans(if they did they would know it’s via GB’s and order numbers aren’t given).

Will see what ebay say I guess.

Just wanted an email to pass on so they could contact BF direct and get them off my back

Thanks man.
I’d never complain unless they were a business seller and had another copy to swap for, but am clearly a private seller and as mentioned, there were red flags....claiming they were waiting for payday(they could have messaged me to say they would pay later, others have done, but nothing untiL AFTER they paid...hence red flag for a blatant lie).

I replied to their first message ‘I will check contents to discuss’ (the language used is also strange) saying I’d happy cover postage damage and asked if they take pictures of damage before opening. Then not-surprisingly they complain of a smear/scratch on the lenti(which doesn’t show in the pics sent) and paint chips on the steel. Would I be out of line asking for a video of the flaw that shows the number on the slip also? I suspect a swap around personally..they won another, bought it, which arrived damaged so they then paid for mine and want to make out like mine had the flaws...my theory

Thing is, I can’t accept a return and resell as it’s opened now.

Unfortunately they bought the item on eBay from you. They didn't buy it from Blufans or from a group buy.
They are protected through eBay and PayPal if paid through Paypal.

Bottom line is all they have to do is open a case with eBay or PayPal and they will side with the buyer.
If the buyer received a defective product it will be up to the seller to make good to the buyer's satisfaction or eBay or PayPal will just refund the buyer from your PayPal funds.

Like I said, they will make sure that the buyer is satisfied regardless of whatever disclaimer is placed in the seller's listing.
This is the risk that the seller takes selling on eBay. There isn't supposed to be a risk for the buyer.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: DMD4k
eBay always side with the buyer unfortunately, I really dont know why they bother letting you specify that 'Returns aren't accepted' as if the buyer raises a dispute they 99.9% of the time issue a refund at the sellers expense anyway and at the end of the day even if you're a private seller they treat you like a shop and a shop would have to accept back an opened 'damaged' product even if it was sold sealed

I always use eBay as an absolute last resort for selling, always try and use the FB groups and forums first

I always use eBay as an absolute last resort for selling, always try and use the FB groups and forums first

I've always wondered how that works. When buying through HDN or other forums is it "buyer beware?"
If a member here buys from another member, unseals a sealed item and finds issues, does that mean the buyer has to live with it?
I've sent a few steelbooks to folks in Europe and I feel that I have been lucky enough that I haven't received any reports of flaws.
But I have wondered about what would happen if there were flaws, or damaged packages or if the intended recipient said they didn't receive the package.

I would like to know how this is supposed to work but I don't want to derail this thread. Is there another thread where this type of information is available?

thanks for the input guys - but bottom line am likely screwed and will be out of pocket as its too late to return to BF myself for an exchange to keep the buyer happy right?
No direct contact email I can forward on?

I'm covered with seller protection and have had some luck with that in the past(where ebay refund the buyer but dont charge me) so fingers crossed

Why do you want to pass the "problem" on to Blufans themselves? They didn't deal with this buyer, you made the sale.
Especially considering you aren't sure yourself that the buyer is being truthful and may be trying to switch a damaged steel for yours.
Have you asked for an uninterrupted unboxing video from the moment he unseals the shipping box to the point where he unseals your BF edition and then notices the damage?

• Thanks
Reactions: harry
I've always wondered how that works. When buying through HDN or other forums is it "buyer beware?"
If a member here buys from another member, unseals a sealed item and finds issues, does that mean the buyer has to live with it?
I've sent a few steelbooks to folks in Europe and I feel that I have been lucky enough that I haven't received any reports of flaws.
But I have wondered about what would happen if there were flaws, or damaged packages or if the intended recipient said they didn't receive the package.

I would like to know how this is supposed to work but I don't want to derail this thread. Is there another thread where this type of information is available?

I would hope selling within a community like here buyers are aware of the risks they take if they purchase a sealed item with the intention to open, obviously if they want to be arseholes about it they can still raise claims with Paypal but again in the spirit of the community I would hope that's a route the majority wouldn't go down

• Thanks
Reactions: DMD4k
I already reported them to eBay as the messages are all red flags but as it’s open i’ve Already refused a return.
Told them to contact Blufans but they claim I’d have to as they would require and order number...yet also claim they collect many blufans(if they did they would know it’s via GB’s and order numbers aren’t given).

Will see what ebay say I guess.

Just wanted an email to pass on so they could contact BF direct and get them off my back
It sucks to be in this position but that's part of the game with eBay.
The buyers contract is with you and not Blufans.
I don't necessarily support what buyer is doing but the buyer is absolutely not supposed to deal with Blufans for a problem.
Also it doesn't matter one bit whether you state on the listing that you will not accept returns or it must remain sealed or any such conditions. If the buyer can show damage then eBay will 99% of the time side with buyer.
The whole success of eBay depends on buyer feeling protected ( rightly or wrongly).

• Thanks
Reactions: harry and DMD4k
Why do you want to pass the "problem" on to Blufans themselves? They didn't deal with this buyer, you made the sale.
Especially considering you aren't sure yourself that the buyer is being truthful and may be trying to switch a damaged steel for yours.
Have you asked for an uninterrupted unboxing video from the moment he unseals the shipping box to the point where he unseals your BF edition and then notices the damage?
LOL
Do you record yourself opening each eBay order you received