Montreal
Release date: May 15, 2018
Purchase links: 4K - 2D
Price: $34.99 (4K) - $29.99 (2D)
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

4k.jpg 2d.jpg
02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh! Horrible. Im thinking about cancelling by Zavvi preorder.

genuine question here that art was up as the tbc from the start and cheap as the studios have been getting on the wwa lately.
did you not think that art was a distinct possibility?

personally comes as no real surprise the wwa have been getting cheaper and cheaper finishes coming to the point i havent bought a steel from zavvi for example hmm say last six months, i always pre-order and then see the dross they put out (studio) and end up cancelling seems the studios look to cheapen costs and this started about 2 years ago now.
it would they seem they have twigged put out some rubbish cheap as poss then clean up.
puts you right off steel collecting well at least of wwa but as long as people buying it studios keep pushing it, you would think people would vote with there feet.
'nothing premium' about a steel thats wwa anymore, art is rubbish finishes always matte.
be better asking a 4 year old to design something.
anyway off me soap box now :D

@Noodles cheer me up show me your mock up and the others how it should be done:happy:

basil :thumbs:

If you don’t like it that is absolutely fine. But what is the need to paint the black race as unable to decide on the merits of a film based on what they see and/or how it makes them feel? Your comment stinks of the small minded attitude that helps nobody. Just think of the number of films with 99% white casts and maybe you might see things clearer. Wakanda forever. Prick.

giphy.gif

rs_547x310-150222191117-meryl-oscars.gif

No ones likes Chris in Thor, but speaking with the admin at RT due to my media background, if they had included those not liking Black Panther as a whole it would have dropped the score below 80%
It would be interesting to see what the negative reviews would've been. I can imagine most of them having an argument like yourself, being upset that all these black people (probably not the word used in most negative reviews) were running around on screen. I'm sure if the negative reviews were about the story being full of plot holes, or the pacing being too fast/slow, or the special effects not looking good they would be posted. Instead I imagine the negative reviews being blocked are nothing but ignorance and hate which is why they're being blocked.

Can you say you disliked this movie for anything not having to do with the color of the actors' skin or the support of the black community behind a black super hero?

Got my email at 10:01 this morning

Nothing for me yet, but then again I don't have the volume on this group buy that I've had for a major release like this in the past.

I expect I'll see ship notices for the Target edition tonight, as always, hopefully BB follows suit

• Thanks
Reactions: dfoles
This was absolutely brilliant film, loved it!

For me, it was on similar level of "superhero entertainment" as the first Iron Man film.

After watching the film, I did visit the IMDB User Reviews section for another round of entertainment :LOL: I guess many were watching a completely different film than me :whistle:

I don’t really understand people’s need to come into a release thread and bash a movie. If you don’t like the movie why even come into the thread? Just my thoughts

Anyways, just got shipping notification from bestbuy, excited to get this!
Thank you, I've always felt the same way :thumbs:.

Got BB and Target shipped notifications earlier today.

I don’t really understand people’s need to come into a release thread and bash a movie. If you don’t like the movie why even come into the thread? Just my thoughts

Anyways, just got shipping notification from bestbuy, excited to get this!
Not so much bash a movie but lite chatter about the movie in the steelbook release section helps promote the steelbook. A negative response can be just as useful as a lot of folks rely on other users' reviews to help sway them in the direction that they need in order to buy the steelbook or not or sway them into a different release. So long as the negative review is not distasteful or derogatory and doesn't contain spoilers without spoiler tags it helps.

• Thanks
Reactions: Covcraig
Finally got a shipped notice last evening. Now hoping it arrives in good condition otherwise will be returning it for an in store exchange.

Best buy insider at BR mentioned his store got a larger allocation of the 4K steelbook.

Every Black guy in America will be buying this, just because of the online PC media crap! Doesn't even make the top 5 Marvel movies. For me it's the worst of all the Marvel movies

I have to say as a black person, I find your clearly racist comments reprehensible and totally offensive.

It would be interesting to see what the negative reviews would've been. I can imagine most of them having an argument like yourself, being upset that all these black people (probably not the word used in most negative reviews) were running around on screen. I'm sure if the negative reviews were about the story being full of plot holes, or the pacing being too fast/slow, or the special effects not looking good they would be posted. Instead I imagine the negative reviews being blocked are nothing but ignorance and hate which is why they're being blocked.

Can you say you disliked this movie for anything not having to do with the color of the actors' skin or the support of the black community behind a black super hero?

Around 40/50 constructive but lower scoring reviews were withheld. Several blog/critic sites posted lower scoring reviews which RT did include only to watch those reviewers get death threats and bombarded with racist abuse and bullying on social media especially Twitter. RT thought it wise "although they did get backlash as reported in the media" for not allowing further low score reviews.

Some of the very ignorant comments on here clearly show that RT made the right choice, the comment directly above this proves that quite clearly. This was the first "black" Marvel MCU film, and it got A LOT of press coverage based solely on that, many mainstrean media outlets pushed the politically correct agenda long before the film was released, and it worked wonders, I personally know around 100 people that went to see this film who have never watched a Marvel film, and won't be doing so again, but based on being "trendy" they had to see this. For anyone that REALLY spends 6 to 10 hours a day on social media especially Twitter, this was a film that got attention on a level not seen for any other Marvel film, because of its ethinicity based cast. Yes Martin was in it, but the majority of the cast for the first time in a massive budget movie wasn't white. That had a huge effect on Social media and the liberal millennial generation.

If you commented in anyway at all that the film isn't the next Citizen Kane you were bombarded with abuse, bullying, racist comments and outright threats fom left leaning Social media outlets and posters.Twitter admin were well aware of the abuse being sent and tried as they could to crack down on it, but for the first time in history certain media sites and people were using this film to work up a media storm, and it worked, its easy to crack down on a few nasty threats, harder when they are actually in the hundreds of thousands. It didn't matter whether the film was amazing or rubbish, you weren't allowed an opinion unless you were black "or unless you praised it" I've seen hundreds of screen caps by people ripping into negative comments if the person making them was white. It boiled down to if you weren't black and didn't like the film then you are racist! So I stand by my comments which were far from racist, just a comment on the times especially in the US. This film was and IS a milestone for cinema. For Hollywood a majority black cast on a film with this level of scope and budget was pretty much impossible till now as certain markets just wouldn't buy into, and as usual China didn't. So I'm correct, if the same type of attitudes that we saw for the films release carry to home formats then YES a huge number of people will buy this film, and a massive amount of African Americans will because it is a milestone in cinema, doesn't matter whether the film is good or not, its the first major super-blockbuster that looks at non white culture. So much so that the Hollywood Reporter was asking all those african Americans going to see it in traditional african dress to post pics on social media.

The comment directly above proves all of this clearly by @Blu-devil saying anything negative about the film or its release, or media storm and you are "incorrectly" racist.

For me personally I loved the character in Civil War, and looked forward to the film, but it left me cold. I still enjoyed the character himself, but I felt the script rushed, the effects pretty poor and often looking very fake. Will I buy a version? yes I'll buy the Blufans just because I want my collection complete and my Mrs did enjoy it. It's not a terrible film, but for me its most likely along with Thor 2, one of the Marvel films I'll watch least.

Last edited:
Reactions: schrute farms
Imagine saying something as ignorant as “every black guy will buy this only for the online PC media crap” and when asked about it, rather than acknowledge or question your own ignorance you have the cheek to call others ignorant for saying how they feel. Unbelievable.

People’s reasons for seeing a film are NOTHING to do with anyone but themselves. Yes there were lots of unwarranted abuse towards detractors of this film but go look at any comment section regarding any non white media and you will find the same if not worse. This film represents the opposite of what goes on in many industries and too many people don’t like/will not accept that.

I try to stay out of forum politics and online disagreements as they get nowhere but too many people think they can say whatever they like. Nobody is changing anybody’s beliefs here so I’m done with this conversation, I think the comments that have been liked and quoted say a lot about not only this forum but society.

Last edited: