Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
3.00 star(s) Rating: 3.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Black Panther

Tagline: Long live the king

Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Science Fiction

Director: Ryan Coogler

Cast: Chadwick Boseman, Michael B. Jordan, Lupita Nyong'o, Danai Gurira, Martin Freeman, Daniel Kaluuya, Letitia Wright, Winston Duke, Angela Bassett, Forest Whitaker, Andy Serkis, John Kani, Sterling K. Brown, Seth Carr, Denzel Whitaker, Florence Kasumba, Isaach De Bankolé, Danny Sapani, Sydelle Noel, Janeshia Adams-Ginyard, Jénel Stevens, Shaunette Renée Wilson, Stan Lee, Sebastian Stan, Bambadjan Bamba, Jeremy Sample, Sope Aluko, Alexis Rhee, Tahseen Ghauri, Danny Chung, David S. Lee, Mark Ashworth, Shad Gaspard, William Cowboy Reed, Alex Hibbert, Lucy Hockings, Ashton Tyler, Atandwa Kani, Connie Chiume, Dorothy Steel, Marija Abney, Maria Hippolyte, Marie Mouroum, Zola Williams, Christine Hollingsworth, Nabiyah Be, Michael David Yuhl, Elizabeth Elkins, Raven Wynn, Amechi Okocha, Tony Sears, Francesca Faridany, Roland Kilumbu, Timothy Carr, Apollo GT, James Siderits, Travis Love, Lidya Jewett, Alona Leoine, Kinley Fleurejuste, Ofu Obekpa, Michael R. Ciminna, John Y Lee, Byron Coolie, William Walker, Joseph Akharoh Jr., Stanley Aughtry, Raenen Golez, Leo De Rivera, Tevin Beech, Tari Omoro, Andrea Antonio Canal, David Dunston, Emelita T. Gonzalez, Josue Louis-Charles, Isaac Phillips, Trevor Noah, Jamel Chambers, Michael Christopher Rodney

Release: 2018-02-13

Runtime: 134

Plot: King T'Challa returns home from America to the reclusive, technologically advanced African nation of Wakanda to serve as his country's new leader. However, T'Challa soon finds that he is challenged for the throne by factions within his own country as well as without. Using powers reserved to Wakandan kings, T'Challa assumes the Black Panther mantel to join with girlfriend Nakia, the queen-mother, his princess-kid sister, members of the Dora Milaje (the Wakandan 'special forces') and an American secret agent, to prevent Wakanda from being dragged into a world war.

[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Black Panther (2018)

Genre: [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE], [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Ryan Coogler[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: Chadwick Boseman, Michael B. Jordan, Lupita Nyong'o, Angela Bassett, Forest Whitaker, Andy Serkis and Martin Freeman

Plot: After the events of Captain America: Civil War, King T'Challa returns home to the reclusive, technologically advanced African nation of Wakanda to serve as his country's new leader. However, T'Challa soon finds that he is challenged for the throne from factions within his own country. When two foes conspire to destroy Wakanda, the hero known as Black Panther must team up with C.I.A. agent Everett K. Ross and members of the Dora Milaje, Wakandan special forces, to prevent Wakanda from being dragged into a world war.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
wOH3sn3QIxohCw3Dgfz3CULiJKc.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

Awesome concept art:
bpath.jpg

- We will meet Black Panther in Captain America 3 in full costume
- Boseman has signed a five film deal

chadwick-boseman-evans-downey-jr.jpg

Last edited:
Deadline have now weiged in on the casting and already have the exclusive on Boseman's role in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. "I hear he’s signed a lucrative five-film deal that begins with 2016’s Captain America: Civil War continues through Marvel’s just-unveiled Phase 3 line-up."

was mooching about and found this story makes intresting reading

http://www.entertainmentwise.com/ne...r-ava-duvernay-for-black-panther-movie-26663/

here it is below not my words

wenn22231111-e1431506679557-810x574.jpg

Ava DuVernay made her voice heard with critically acclaimed civil rights drama Selma and now Marvel are hoping she’ll do the same with a big screen adaptation of the Black Panther or Captain Marvel – the studio’s first female-fronted superhero franchise.

The signs are all pointing toward Black Panther, which already has a release date penciled in for July, 2018. As the first black superhero of the Marvel Universe – both in print and on screen – T’Challa (his day-to-day alter-ego) is considered one of the eight most intelligent people on the planet. The leader of the fictional African nation of Wakanda, he must take charge of his father’s throne and avenge his death.
blackpanther-e1431506405122.jpg

Chadwick Boseman, who recently won huge acclaim of for his performance as James Brown in the 2014 biopic Get On Up, has been lined up play a younger Black Panther. Marvel’s first black superhero will be directed by Marvel’s first African American director, and first female director.

Although, The Wrap has also suggested her award-winning mastermind may fall with Captain Marvel. With an underlying dark past, Captain Marvel’s potential box-office pulling power is laced with possibilities. Despite the sometime US Air Force pilot’s history being blasted with trauma her unforgiving will to be a force for good is a story of courage, respect and power and is something we’d queue in line to see. However, Angelina Jolie is also being tipped for the job with reputable site claiming to have ‘inside knowledge” the film will be an all-female affair.
herocaptainmarv-e1431506218871.jpg

Captain Marvel for 2018 release (Marvel)

Surprisingly, Marvel chose not to go with Scarlett Johnasson’s Black Widow for their first female-fronted movie – despite her familiarity to worldwide audiences with appearances in Iron Man, Avengers and Captain America.

Both films are part of Marvel’s plan to release nine movie in three years including: Captain America: Civil War, Benedict Cumberbatch’s debut as Doctor Strange, and a Guardians of the Galaxy sequel.

---------------------------

anyway thats it folks
basil :thumbs:

Sounds more like you have a problem with a black person directing a black superhero movie and a woman directing a woman-led movie.
Spoiler: I'm Black and i think it's stupid of them to try and force a Black director on to a movie just cause.The same goes for the female director .Pick the best fit and make a movie.Gender or Nationality should not be what they chose from.Less PC and more Good directors.

Spoiler: I'm Black and i think it's stupid of them to try and force a Black director on to a movie just cause.The same goes for the female director .Pick the best fit and make a movie.Gender or Nationality should not be what they chose from.Less PC and more Good directors.

Maybe they were the best fit. There are good female directors and good black directors.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/markcassidycbm/news/?a=126170

Anthony Mackie Doesn't See Why BLACK PANTHER Needs To Have A Black Director

“I don’t think it’s important at all. As a director your job is to tell a story. You know, they didn’t get a horse to direct ‘Seabiscuit!’ The thing is I don’t think the race of the director has to do with their ability to tell a story. I think it’s all about the director’s ability to be able to relate to that story and do it justice. I think men can direct women, and two of my greatest work experiences were with female directors. So I think it all depends. May the best man — or woman — win.”

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Harty
"Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige confirmed Creed's Ryan Coogler, who had been in talks to direct Black Panther, will now officially direct."

Awesome news. Creed was great. I'm sure he'll do a fantastic job!

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database