May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
3.67 star(s) Rating: 3.67/5 3 Votes
Title: Black Widow

Genre: Action, Science Fiction, Adventure

Director: Cate Shortland

Cast: Scarlett Johansson, Florence Pugh, David Harbour, Rachel Weisz

Release: 2020-05-01

Plot: At birth the Black Widow (aka Natasha Romanova) is given to the KGB, which grooms her to become its ultimate operative. When the U.S.S.R. breaks up, the government tries to kill her as the action moves to present-day New York, where she is a freelance operative.

Yeah I love her as BW ... I think a movie would be easy to make where half the movie is flash backs with younger girl. (origin like)

I almost wonder tho if she doesnt want to do it ... she already does a lot of other movies combined with the marvel and if she was doing the MCU ones plus a solo franchise doubt she would have much time for other movies.

I don't see it being a solo franchise but a single origin movie and close the gap from training to when she joined Shield. They showed in Civil War that they can make RDJ look young again so why not do the same with Scarlett.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo and Wreck
I don't see it being a solo franchise but a single origin movie and close the gap from training to when she joined Shield. They showed in Civil War that they can make RDJ look young again so why not do the same with Scarlett.
I think Black Widow could easily be a franchise. She's a very interesting character.

• Thanks
Reactions: bloodsnake007
I think Black Widow could easily be a franchise. She's a very interesting character.
HELL YEAH! :woot: I agree! :notworthy: She's very interesting! :hungry: :drool:
Djg5e.gif

;)

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo

I agree it's an interesting character and one of my top two MCU characters but would Scarlett be interested in a franchise. I want to see her as Black Widow and I think a solo film is the best shot. If they go with a younger actress I think it would be more suited for a Nexflix miniseries.

I agree it's an interesting character and one of my top two MCU characters but would Scarlett be interested in a franchise. .
I think she would. She hasn't got any other big franchises at the moment (apart from maybe The Jungle Book, if a third one is made after the second).

Source: The Hollywood Reporter
captain_america_civil_war_still.jpg

A solo film starring Black Widow, a project Marvel fans have been wanting for years, is taking a step forward.

Screenwriter Jac Schaeffer has been set to pen a script for the project, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed. The film, which would star Scarlett Johansson as the Marvel hero, is in early development.

Saw this last week... personnally, I'll believe it when I see it.
Marvel lost the momentum on this with Wonder Woman, Atomic Blonde, Red Sparrow, Captain Marvel (even if it's a Marvel) and others...

For sure. How this didn't get greenlit right after "LUCY" was a hit is beyond me.

But right now we don't really know what is happening after avengers 3&4. Almost everyone's contracts are up. Who knows who lives and who dies!?
Marvel isn't officially announcing anything (which is great, considering it would kind of be a spoiler). I'm very curious whats coming after all this.

• Thanks
@bloodsnake007 if marvel(disney) is quick they could buy the Red Sparrow and rename it to black widow begins or black widow origins :whistle:

Saw this last week... personnally, I'll believe it when I see it.
Marvel lost the momentum on this with Wonder Woman, Atomic Blonde, Red Sparrow, Captain Marvel (even if it's a Marvel) and others...

For sure. How this didn't get greenlit right after "LUCY" was a hit is beyond me.

But right now we don't really know what is happening after avengers 3&4. Almost everyone's contracts are up. Who knows who lives and who dies!?
Marvel isn't officially announcing anything (which is great, considering it would kind of be a spoiler). I'm very curious whats coming after all this.
I'm excited for anything starring Scarlett Johansson :drool:
scarlett-johansson-gif-2gif.gif

I'll be there day 1! :hungry:

However I do agree they took too damn to give us an origins/solo film. :squint:

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw
'Black Widow' Movie Finds Director in Cate Shortland (Exclusive)

cate_shortland_black_widow.jpg

Source: THR
Marvel Studios’ Black Widow standalone movie has its director.

Cate Shortland, the Australian director perhaps best known for the Nazi drama Lore, has signed on to direct Black Widow, Marvel’s action-adventure project that will star Scarlett Johansson.

The move caps off a search that lasted over half-year as the studio met with over 70 directors in order to find its ideal candidate. A female filmmaker was the priority even as the search stalled at one point and the studio looked at male directors.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
I think she would be interested in a franchise now. :LOL:

Scarlett Johansson Lands $15 Million Payday for Black Widow Movie

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/entertain...ovie/ar-BBOeSry?li=AAggSpD&ocid=mailsignoutmd

Check out the salaries for the Avengers movies and some of the other Marvel movies in the article.

Even Brie Larson is getting $5 Million for Captain Marvel and is now tied into a 7 picture Marvel deal.

Robert Downey Jr. originally got $500,000 for Iron Man.

• Informative
I think she would be interested in a franchise now. :LOL:

Scarlett Johansson Lands $15 Million Payday for Black Widow Movie

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/entertain...ovie/ar-BBOeSry?li=AAggSpD&ocid=mailsignoutmd

Check out the salaries for the Avengers movies and some of the other Marvel movies in the article.

Even Brie Larson is getting $5 Million for Captain Marvel and is now tied into a 7 picture Marvel deal.

Robert Downey Jr. originally got $500,000 for Iron Man.
Larson confirmed the claims of a 7-movie deal were false FYI.

Reactions: Stygian