Blade (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Collector's Edition) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 30, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on November 27 from 12 AM - UK time)
Price: £29.99
Finish: Matte - no 'bossing
Notes: Limited Edition Slipcase with exclusive artwork & spot gloss finish - Replica Theatrical Poster - Set of 3 Gloss Art-cards

12708266-7044806251221569.jpg

12708266-1114806251267817.jpg12708266-1594806251352999.jpg 12708266-1444806251587860.jpg 12708266-1424806251468307.jpg 12708266-1864806251413449.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just received mine. It has turned out a lot nicer than I thought. Slip boxes are getting a tad sturdier and although a matte finish, it looks a lot better in hand. My past experience of black and gloss have been a nightmare with all the surface scratches, so glad in a way that this hasn't got that finish.

Steelbook looks zero and not matte. At least in the video......?
That's what I thought myself when looking at the video but not yet got delivery to know for sure

Zero is a low gloss finish and attracts fingerprints

Matte finish on steelbook don't attract fingerprints

A lot of steelbook collectors confuse a zero finish as matte

Yeah, so low it has none!

Zero is the proper matte. Scanavo "matte" shouldn't exist, the streaky appearence is a disgrace, not just on black, on everything... but particular on a black steelbook.
Horrible finish.
Zero Finish and Matte are not the same
Zero is not a Matte finish

Zero Finish has a low level gloss applied you can see it you have good light conditions but can be easily confused as matte by some

You can see the difference when you have a matte steelbook beside a steelbook with Zero Finish

Matte and Satin are similar but different to both Zero and Full Gloss finish

Zero Finish and Matte are not the same
Zero is not a Matte finish

Zero Finish has a low level gloss applied you can see it you have good light conditions but can be easily confused as matte by some

You can see the difference when you have a matte steelbook beside a steelbook with Zero Finish

Matte and Satin are similar but different to both Zero and Full Gloss finish
Thanks Paul. I own several steels of all these finishes or lack thereof
Zero finish, for me, is matte, I am not confused. I just don't care to quantify gloss when it's that low a percentage. It's so low I don't even want to think of it as gloss. If it's a low level gloss in your book that's fine. For me, that's what a proper matte should look like.
What Scanavo call matte, the sh^tty matte, is a disgrace, it shouldn't even be offered to any paying customer. No collector is crossing his/her fingers hoping the long awaited title actually has this this finish. Nobody. Ever. It's horrible and it never, ever, ever, ever enhances anything in the artwork. It's absolute trash any way you look at it, at an angle, upside down, under the covers... it's hideous. Whoever thought it was an acceptable finish at Scanavo should have their eyesight examined. It's an eye sore.

Reactions: Bunk
Shame that decent matte steelbooks are rarely released nowadays and that steelbook finishes have deteriorated recently with streaks on matte and ripples/streaks on gloss varnish making me feel that there are only two decent finishes that guarantee a good result:
- Zero or Satin
- Full gloss/glossy
Would prefer 'bossing on all steelbooks - that is, on the parts of the art where it makes sense.

I forgot I ordered this and it despatched the other day. How are they posting them out? Bubble enveloped?
The usual Zavvi white boxes used for steelbooks
The poster and art cards are inside the steelbook

It's just a standard slipcase with steelbook these fit in the white boxes

Reactions: Futurhythm
Great! In the past, I've gotten Steelbooks in slips from them in just bubble envelopes.
That happens when it's a slip with booklet as in likes of Jaws those type of slips are lot bigger

All my previous standard slipcases with steelbook came in the white boxes

When it was amaray release with slipcover those I had shipped in bubble mailers

Last edited: