Release date: December 5, 2016
Purchase link: Blade II (live)
Price: £15.99
Notes: Limited to 2,000 copies

11118990-7984301349027039.jpg

11118990-1134301349054642.jpg

11118990-1664301349047004.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That would be cool. Where did you hear about this news mate?

Sorry don't have a reference but I bought the newly remastered "triple feature" version from the states (all three films in one amaray case). It's region free. And funnily enough as soon as I did that, Zavvi announced steelbooks. So I can put money on it that these new Warner discs will be in the steelbooks, makes sense. New discs, new packaging.

Sorry don't have a reference but I bought the newly remastered "triple feature" version from the states (all three films in one amaray case). It's region free. And funnily enough as soon as I did that, Zavvi announced steelbooks. So I can put money on it that these new Warner discs will be in the steelbooks, makes sense. New discs, new packaging.
The Blu-ray Disc in Blade 2 and Blade Trinity will be the UK Blu-ray discs from EIV (Entertainment In Video)

In the USA Blade/Blade 2/Blade Trinity is New Line Home Entertainment and distributed using Warner

The First Film Blade 1998 the Blu-ray is a Warner Release in the UK and not distributed by EIV
The DVD of Blade 1998 was an EIV release in the UK but not the Blu-ray

Last edited:
The Blu-ray Disc in Blade 2 and Blade Trinity will be the UK Blu-ray discs from EIV (Entertainment In Video)

In the USA Blade/Blade 2/Blade Trinity is New Line Home Entertainment and distributed using Warner

The First Film Blade 1998 the Blu-ray is a Warner Release in the UK and not distributed by EIV
The DVD of Blade 1998 was an EIV release in the UK but not the Blu-ray

Did not know that.

Having worked in Cinram several years ago I remember transferring old discs into new packaging (I specifically changed discs on the Alien anthology box set to newly designed packaging). So I can imagine the old Blade 2 and Trinity discs will be put in to fancier packaging so they sell. In this case, steelbooks.

Just so you know the UK Blade 2 will be missing a lot of extras if it is indeed the old discs.

Did not know that.

Having worked in Cinram several years ago I remember transferring old discs into new packaging (I specifically changed discs on the Alien anthology box set to newly designed packaging). So I can imagine the old Blade 2 and Trinity discs will be put in to fancier packaging so they sell. In this case, steelbooks.

Just so you know the UK Blade 2 will be missing a lot of extras if it is indeed the old discs.

EIV UK Blu-ray
Released in 2012

Extras

• Audio Commentaries: There are three commentary tracks: one from director Guillermo del Toro, another with del Toro and producer Peter Frankfurt, and one with Wesley Snipes and writer David Goyer
  • 'Director's Notebook': This virtual book includes hand drawn artwork and notes, accompanied by video segments from the director
  • 'Blood Brothers': This is a retrospective featurette in which David Goyer talks about the genesis of the film and how del Toro came to be involved
  • ‘The Blood Pact’: A thoroughly entertaining documentary that runs for over eighty minutes and features extensive behind the scenes footage and interviews with the creative talent and stars
  • ‘Comic Book Origins’: This is a self-explanatory featurette that explores the beginnings of the Blade character
  • ‘The Vampire Mystique’: This faturette discusses the historical and social evolution of vampire legends around the world
  • ‘Damaskinos Blood Bath’: A extended look at the filming of a specific scene featuring the ancient vampire, including some dialogue excised from the final film
  • ‘Alternate Sunrise Music’: Alternate score for a single scene
  • ‘Percussion Instruments’: An odd still gallery that describes various musical instruments
  • ‘Sequence Breakdowns’: A look a number of scenes in various stages of development, from original script, to shooting script and storyboards etc.
  • ‘Visual Effects’: A look at some of the VFX sequences, including the dodgy CGI stuntmen
  • ‘Script Supervisor's Notebook’: Similar to the Director's Notebook, but this time focussing on Lori Wyant
  • ‘Unfilmed Script Pages’: A selection of scenes that were cut before principal photography began
  • ‘Art Gallery’: A number of still galleries
  • ’Storyboards’: You guessed it, a selection of storyboards
  • ‘Deleted & Alternate Scenes’: Sixteen excised scenes are present, each with optional commentary from del Toro
  • ‘Cyprus Hill and Roni Size Child of the Wild West Music Video’: Pretty much what the title says
  • Trailers: The teaser and theatrical trailers are included

Note
The extras on the UK Blu-ray are the same as the (New Line Home Entertainment) Warner USA Blu-ray releases from 2012/2013/2014

Last edited:
Reactions: ocielz
Doesn't make any sense, my UK version of Blade 2 doesn't have the extras I have on my USA version ? I purchased my UK version from Rakuten last year and the US version off Amazon 3 weeks ago.

Doesn't make any sense, my UK version of Blade 2 doesn't have the extras I have on my USA version ? I purchased my UK version from Rakuten last year and the US version off Amazon 3 weeks ago.
Was your purchase from a third party seller on Rakuten
What's on the spine of your Blu-ray you got from Rakuten

Did you get sold the Dutch Blu-ray from E1 by any chance

UK EIV Blade 2 Blu-ray from September 2012 has the extras listed in my post

The USA Blu ray from May 2014 has Blu-ray Disc/DVD/Digital Copy
The USA Blu-ray is the same Blu-ray from 2012/2013

Last edited:
Hi, yes it was a third party purchase. Already sold the UK version on ebay for a few quid so can't have a look on the spine.

Hi, yes it was a third party purchase. Already sold the UK version on ebay for a few quid so can't have a look on the spine.
Was there any extras on your disc or was it just some film trailers
If it was just some film trailers you were sold the Dutch disc

USA Blu-ray
Audio Commentaries
: Three commentaries are available -- a solo track with director Guillermo del Toro, a second with del Toro and producer Peter Frankfurt, and a third with writer David S. Goyer and actor/producer Wesley Snipes
  • Director's Notebook (HD): An interactive production journal complete with original sketches, hand-scribbled notes and, most importantly, a series of featurettes hosted by del Toro. Though bite-sized, each digestible featurette offers a laser-focused look at the creatures, makeup, prosthetics, visual effects, and production design of the sequel.
  • Blade II: Blood Brothers (HD, 10 minutes): Ten years after the film's release, Goyer sits down to discuss del Toro's involvement in the project, the filmmaker's initial hesitance to sign on, the back-and-forth between the screenwriter and his new director, some of the cross-pollination between Blade II and other del Toro films, the development of the Reapers, and much more.
  • The Blood Pact (SD, 82 minutes): An excellent behind-the-scenes documentary divided into eight parts. Segments include "Genesis Redux: Beginnings," "Man & Myth: The Blade Character," "Leader of the Pact: On Directing," "The Devil's Architect: Production Design," "Fear the Reapers: Creature Effects," "Suck-Head Chic: Costuming," "Kicking & Screaming: Stunts & Choreography" and "Vampire Noctures: The Music Score" (which, at twenty-minutes, will delight score junkies).
  • Deleted & Alternate Scenes with Optional Commentary (SD, 26 minutes): Sixteen deleted and alternate scenes are on tap -- "Intro/Driving in Prague," "Flashback," "Warehouse Fight," "Caliban Elevator," "Damaskinos with Hair," "Extended Damaskinos Welcome," "Whistler & Sunlight," "House of Pain Hunt Extended," "Extended Damaskinos' Story," "More Trapped Reaper and Autopsy," "More of the Blood Pact," "Scud & Whistler," "Extended Sewer Hunt Prelude," "Whistler Discovers Caliban," "Kounen & Blade" and "Epilogue: Dirty Version" -- with optional commentary with the director.
  • Unfilmed Script Pages (SD): Pages from the original shooting scripts pull the curtain back on three scenes that were cut much earlier: "Whistler & Blade's First Meeting," "Mini-Mart Attack" and "Blade Takes Nyssa to the Hospital."
  • Sequence Breakdowns (SD): Six select scenes are presented five different ways: as written in the original script, as polished in the shooting script, as envisioned in storyboards and FX breakdowns, as shot on set, and as they appear in the final film. Scenes include "Blood Bank," "Ninja Fight," "Reapers in the House of Pain," "Underground," "Chapel Fight" and "Caliban."
  • Visual Effects (SD, 6 minutes): But wait, there's more! A separate effects section offers up three more quick-hit featurettes: "Synthetic Stuntmen," "The Digital Maw" and "Progress Reports."
  • Comic Book Origins (SD, 5 minutes): The relationship between Blade II and comics, as told by del Toro.
  • The Vampire Mystique (SD, 5 minutes): Vampirism as a symbol, analogy, and social and political commentary.
  • Blood Bath (SD, 4 minutes): "The problem with owning a blood pool is that they're a pain in the neck to clean."
  • Alternate Sunrise Music (SD, 2 minutes): A different take on the Pack's descent into the sewers.
  • Music Video (SD, 4 minutes): "Child of the Wild West" with Cyprus Hill and Roni Wise.
  • Trailers (SD, 3 minutes): Blade II's teaser and theatrical trailer.
  • Art Galleries (SD): An "Art Gallery," "Storyboards Gallery," "Script Supervisor Notebook" and a series of "Percussion Instrument Stills" round out the package.
The UK Blu ray
  • Audio Commentaries: There are three commentary tracks: one from director Guillermo del Toro, another with del Toro and producer Peter Frankfurt, and one with Wesley Snipes and writer David Goyer
  • 'Director's Notebook': This virtual book includes hand drawn artwork and notes, accompanied by video segments from the director
  • 'Blood Brothers': This is a retrospective featurette in which David Goyer talks about the genesis of the film and how del Toro came to be involved
  • ‘The Blood Pact’: A thoroughly entertaining documentary that runs for over eighty minutes and features extensive behind the scenes footage and interviews with the creative talent and stars
  • ‘Comic Book Origins’: This is a self-explanatory featurette that explores the beginnings of the Blade character
  • ‘The Vampire Mystique’: This faturette discusses the historical and social evolution of vampire legends around the world
  • ‘Damaskinos Blood Bath’: A extended look at the filming of a specific scene featuring the ancient vampire, including some dialogue excised from the final film
  • ‘Alternate Sunrise Music’: Alternate score for a single scene
  • ‘Percussion Instruments’: An odd still gallery that describes various musical instruments
  • ‘Sequence Breakdowns’: A look a number of scenes in various stages of development, from original script, to shooting script and storyboards etc.
  • ‘Visual Effects’: A look at some of the VFX sequences, including the dodgy CGI stuntmen
  • ‘Script Supervisor's Notebook’: Similar to the Director's Notebook, but this time focussing on Lori Wyant
  • ‘Unfilmed Script Pages’: A selection of scenes that were cut before principal photography began
  • ‘Art Gallery’: A number of still galleries
  • ’Storyboards’: You guessed it, a selection of storyboards
  • ‘Deleted & Alternate Scenes’: Sixteen excised scenes are present, each with optional commentary from del Toro
  • ‘Cyprus Hill and Roni Size Child of the Wild West Music Video’: Pretty much what the title says
  • Trailers: The teaser and theatrical trailers are included
They are the same