Release date: February 5, 2018
Purchase link: Zoom - HMV - Zavvi - Amazon UK
Price: £24.99

11566759-4984541859589914 (1).jpg
11566759-1324541859508863.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would you be worried if this was limitless supply :rofl:

It's standard print run shared between UK retailers

It does though have a large print run if you take into account it's getting a release in most Eu countries and Asia likely also
Does that worry you :p
In collecting, whatever it is, there are differing reasons why people pursue whatever item takes their interest.

Could be a certain artcover or artist in comics, a country in stamps, a colour or design of ceramic, or whatever.

Some people, and you may not understand why, simply like rare items. Owning something difficult to find, so as to cherish something others admire.

Crazy I know, but collections (and big business) everywhere are driven by that sort of collector.

I'm not a big fan of the temp artwork. Given the limited range of official posters, I'd prefer something like this (without the text on both sides; I couldn't find these images without the title treatment):
Blade Runner 2049 sm.png

eww, sorry, dont like it at all.

I think it should be a evocative image, not a fan of having HD or RG so prominent on the cover.
That's fine. To me, the temp art cover is too bland. It's not an image that actually appears in the film, and it doesn't communicate much about the themes of the story. I completely agree with you about an evocative image, but there just isn't a lot of official poster art of any variety that would make a good steelbook, so I'm interested to see what they settle on.

@Noodles, take it away--we're all waiting... ;)

Reactions: Noodles
I'm not a big fan of the temp artwork. Given the limited range of official posters, I'd prefer something like this (without the text on both sides; I couldn't find these images without the title treatment):
View attachment 338510

That's fine. To me, the temp art cover is too bland. It's not an image that actually appears in the film, and it doesn't communicate much about the themes of the story. I completely agree with you about an evocative image, but there just isn't a lot of official poster art of any variety that would make a good steelbook, so I'm interested to see what they settle on.

@Noodles, take it away--we're all waiting... ;)
I'd definitely buy your version! I actually wanted to use those same images for a concept, but I couldn't find textless versions. I agree with you anyway... the majority of posters for the film are all very different in style/colour, so it's hard to find any two that look good together. That being said, I shared my 'Gosling Edition' steelbook concept back on page 4. :)

• Thanks
Reactions: ethnosax
Ahh--forgot about that one. :)

Why is it that movies that are visually innovative and spectacular often have such bland official posters and marketing? And on a related note--someone should get Villeneuve interested in the screenprint poster hobby. His movies should be getting more art attention than they have so far.

• Thanks
@Noodles Maybe these two. The logo can be placed on either the left or right side.
Maybe at the top some more space. Needs to be added then.

5bK9Nywtvtk6vnl6CANjUQbjsN5.jpg

y4wxXBt54xmsVFGpbhkdSky87xc.jpg
I have a few BR test WIPs in progress, one of them using those images... not sure I'm feeling it though to be honest. Maybe I'll finish it anyway and see what others think. Thanks for the suggestion! :)

I have a few BR test WIPs in progress, one of them using those images... not sure I'm feeling it though to be honest. Maybe I'll finish it anyway and see what others think. Thanks for the suggestion! :)
It’s just a suggestion :naughty: I got them from themoviedb, both are available in a 4K resolution.

There are some images--those included--that would be nice as a double lenti. Finding the right combination for the steelbook itself is more difficult. It's a good reason to get a pre-order in for the HMV Mondo exclusive, because there's a chance that the original artwork on that one will be superior to any official images.

Just came across this one on their official site which is being used for a "poster creator" where you're able to add your own photo in there. Not sure why they didn't use this poster when promoting the movie... it's one of the better ones IMO.

poster-2.jpg

What kind of man keeps a dead tree on his steelbook cover? ;)

Seriously, though--that's good thinking. I'd like to see something in the imagery that suggests the major themes and plot points. I'd thought about a lenti slipcover image featuring
a snowy photo of the tree that appears in the film.