Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: February 5, 2018
Purchase link: Zoom - HMV - Zavvi - Amazon UK
Price: £24.99

11566759-4984541859589914 (1).jpg
11566759-1324541859508863.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've always liked the TBC artwork too, so very happy they stuck with it. I'll definitely be keeping my pre-order, along with the Mondo steelbook. :)

just a friendly reminder for who'd be getting that Sony 3D + 2D releases...

BR2049_Warner2D-01.jpg

• Warner 2D (US) includes Dolby Atmos (and indicated here that it's the audio mix that filmmaker recommends)
• Warner 3D (US) audio mix is DTS-HD MA at least we got lossless here

BR2049_Sony2D-01.jpg

• Sony 2D release gets only DTS-HD MA

BR2049_Sony3D-01.jpg

• Sony 3D only gets DD 5.1! lossy on blu-ray...whattttt??

unless you'll be getting (or importing) US/CA 2D disc i think the only way to listen to Atmos mix might be getting 4K disc...

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: Premises
I was going to highly consider getting this edition as a Third Steelbook for Blade Runner 2049 IF there was any sort of embossing or debossing treatment... shame. It would’ve looked really cool with a border along the edges that curves around Gosling’s Patrol car.

• Thanks
Reactions: goufcustom
@FN-2187
And who told you this won't have any bossing?

@goufcustom
The UK 3D back sheet says DD5.1, the menu says English 5.1 (that can be everything): did you try to play the disc and check on AVR display? Is it actually DD5.1?
This is weird, since ths specs on Sony German website report DTS HD MA 5.1 for ENG/FRE/GER for 3D

Last edited:
it's truely dolby digital 5.1, if it's DTS-HD MA i'm sure they'd state like they did on the 2D disc
well i surely do hope germany disc would have lossless but i doubt that...

Last edited:
just a friendly reminder for who'd be getting that Sony 3D + 2D releases...

View attachment 352382
• Warner 2D (US) includes Dolby Atmos (and indicated here that it's the audio mix that filmmaker recommends)
• Warner 3D (US) audio mix is DTS-HD MA at least we got lossless here

View attachment 352380
• Sony 2D release gets only DTS-HD MA

View attachment 352381
• Sony 3D only gets DD 5.1! lossy on blu-ray...whattttt??

unless you'll be getting (or importing) US/CA 2D disc i think the only way to listen to Atmos mix might be getting 4K disc...
Motherf******

Let's admit it fellas. 3D TVs are dead although it is sad. Maybe they will be back one fine day but as of now they are done and dusted. Studios are forcing us to switch to 4K UHD. Sony have been doing this for quite sometime. Warner at least have been doing this only on the 3D disc. Adopt and adapt or perish.

Having said that, just featuring lossy English track on the 3D disc is clear sabotage.

4K UHD discs have been selling quite well. They are dropping in price. You get good deals if you are patient.