Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: February 5, 2018
Purchase link: Zoom - HMV - Zavvi - Amazon UK
Price: £24.99

11566759-4984541859589914 (1).jpg
11566759-1324541859508863.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That is funny since it is still available to order on the other 3 sites.
Amazon would have been allocated a set amount of stock from Sony as would the other retailers been but this can be changed closer to release date by the distributor

A retailer sometimes can end up with more orders than stock available when that happens they cancel some orders.

It's also something a retailer does if they see bulk orders done they cancel them and later make them available before or after release date this is what happens more often than not having enough stock

It's still available with Zavvi and Hmv and Zoom due to orders been canceled by customers and the retailer themselves cancelling bulk orders

Lot of customers order from various retailers when they go live to order and cancel closer to release date and keep an order with just 1 retailer but you do get some scalpers who keep multiple retailer orders so these sometimes get noticed

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: Dano
How many copies did you order as they usually only do that if you ordered more than 2 and in some rare cases more than 1

Just the one. Having seen the pics I'm not a fan of the steelbook anyway, happy to wait for BluFans or HDZeta or whoever else to make something more worthwhile. The HMV Mondo version is pretty terrible too... I think I like the North American WEA the most out of the current batch

Just the one. Having seen the pics I'm not a fan of the steelbook anyway, happy to wait for BluFans or HDZeta or whoever else to make something more worthwhile. The HMV Mondo version is pretty terrible too

It's still available to order from Zavvi/HMV/Zoom

HDZeta is Silver Label as in this exact same WWA Steelbook

Blufans if they are doing one would be WWA Steelbook or the Mondo Steelbook as it's a Sony release and so far have only done OAB releases when Sony

Stone me if Amazon didnt cancel my single order anyway, over to Zavvi where you might like to know that the code VCUK10 works and is valid till midnight. With the Amazon fiver that makes a seven fifty saving! I'm hoping there will be a definitive package someday for this movie but I like this Steel version best for now.

Zavvi debit card has been charged
I expect will be dispatched later today or tomorrow

Edit
Order dispatched in past few min

Last edited:
It's like saying don't watch Fury Road in colour. Watch it in black and white like the makers envisioned it!
You know what, I remember seeing it in the cinema and thought the colour palette looked stunning, then I read a few days later they envisioned it in black and white... I thought they were crazy. Then I watched it in 4K HDR and that reinforced my point.

Zavvi despatched, Zoom on the way to their warehouse. Totally forgot on both lol

reply by Zoom:

"You had Blade Runner 2049 (Limited Edition 3D Steelbook) [Blu-Ray] on pre-order which has just been sent to our warehouse.

Once we get the DVD for release we would have taken the payment of £20.48 from your account."

does anyone know if the amazon/zavvi one comes with bonus disc?
None of the UK steelbook editions include the Bonus Disc

If you want the bonus disc in a UK release it's only available with this limited edition amaray slipcover release which includes art cards
913DnuZFLZL._SX342_.jpg

Purchase links in this thread below available from various UK retailers
https://www.hidefninja.com/communit...us-disc-5-art-cards-limited-edition-uk.90639/

If you have already one of the the Warner USA Steelbooks or Warner Amaray Blu-ray releases some of the Bonus Disc extras in Sony releases are already on the Warner 2D Blu-ray

Warner managed to fit more extras on the 2D Blu-ray while Sony needed a Bonus Disc to include all extras and not all Sony Blu-ray editions include the bonus disc
Bonus Disc is only 30 min of extras

Warner Disc has
To Be Human: Casting Blade Runner 2049" featurette which is on
Sony Blu-ray Bonus Disc

Sony Bonus Disc has exclusive extras highlighted in bold
  • Featurettes (with Play All) (34:25)
    "To Be Human"

- "Fights of the Future: The Action of Blade Runner 2049"
    - "Two Become One"
    - "Dressing the Skin: The Fashion of Blade Runner 2049"

Last edited:
Reactions: henry00x