Blade Runner 2049 (Blu-ray SteelBook) [Finland]

Ranavalone

You have to be tough in Finland
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Apr 21, 2013
Finland
Release date: November 5, 2018
Purchase links: CDON.fi - Discshop.fi (both ship only within Finland), Futuremovieshop (ships internationally)
Price: 19.95 EUR (CDON, Discshop), 24.95 EUR (Futuremovieshop)
Notes: A new and updated bonus disc with new material • A 24-page Production Notes Booklet with behind the scenes production notes from the film • 5 pieces of collectible artcards/postcards • The art cards and booklet will be on the outside of the steel book, affixed between the steelbook and the J-card, and then shrink-wrapped • Scandinavian four-country (Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland) common release

blade_runner_2049_-_limited_steelbook_blu-ray_nordic-45311494-xtra3.jpg

blade_runner_2049_-_limited_steelbook_blu-ray_nordic-45311494-.jpg

blade_runner_2049_-_limited_steelbook_blu-ray_nordic-45311494-bckl.jpg

• Denis Villeneuve: From Fan to Filmmaker 7:45
• The Return of Deckard 6:00
• To be Human: Casting Blade Runner 2049 17:13
• Fights of the future: the Action of Blade Runner 2049 5:49
• Two become one 5:25
• Dressing the skin: The Fashion of Blade Runner 2049 5:49

Last edited by a moderator:
Oooooooh eager to see if it has a new cover and I WANT that new bonus disc even though it's only 14 minutes of extra material.

I'm not totally sold on any of the 2049 steelbooks that have been released so far. I'm hoping this one finally does it.
I love the movie, but I want a steelbook that matches its quality.

I'm not totally sold on any of the 2049 steelbooks that have been released so far. I'm hoping this one finally does it.
I love the movie, but I want a steelbook that matches its quality.
mondo steel is probably the best out of the bunch that matches quality. the rest of them are pretty average. Definitely think we need more that match quality though

Ordinarily, I'd say there's no way a Scandinavian-exclusive item would be a brand-new steelbook, but the addition of the new bonus content is an odd piece here. I've put in a preorder, just in case, though I'm fully expecting this to be just the Mondo steel again, with a few new items included.

I wouldn't mind the Amazon JP exclusive steelbook getting a wider audience :D

Blade Runner 2049 JP.jpg

Would be a bit silly to get one of the two WWA artworks re-released after only nine months, but studios / distributors seem to come up with odd choices often enough.

• Thanks
Reactions: sminister
Ordinarily, I'd say there's no way a Scandinavian-exclusive item would be a brand-new steelbook, but the addition of the new bonus content is an odd piece here. I've put in a preorder, just in case, though I'm fully expecting this to be just the Mondo steel again, with a few new items included.

There's always a chance it may not be Scandinavian exclusive; they could have the pre-orders up earlier than anywhere else.

There's always a chance it may not be Scandinavian exclusive; they could have the pre-orders up earlier than anywhere else.
With such a high-profile title, I think it's very likely this will be released elsewhere, too (definitely if this comes with new artwork).

If I remember correctly, over the years we've had three (well, almost four) Blu-ray steelbooks that haven't also been released elsewhere with identical artwork: Righteous Kill (Sweden only), Villmark 2 (Scandinavian), and Tuntematon sotilas (Finland only).

The Hateful Eight got a Scandinavian steelbook release that was almost identical with the German release, but was botched by the distributor with printed rating symbols :LOL:

I wouldn't mind the Amazon JP exclusive steelbook getting a wider audience :D

Would be a bit silly to get one of the two WWA artworks re-released after only nine months, but studios / distributors seem to come up with odd choices often enough.
I find this steelbook to be kind of boring, but the weird thing is... when I put it with the FAC double lenti set, which I also find kind of boring... it becomes my favorite edition of this movie so far. It's just kind of perfect. :)

BR3a.jpg

Got the notification early this morning but search on this site doesn't work on my phone so I couldn't find this thread lol

Got the notification early this morning but search on this site doesn't work on my phone so I couldn't find this thread lol
On my Android phone, the search input field closes immediately without a chance to enter the searched text when tapping the magnifying class in horizontal mode.

However, the search seems to work fine in vertical mode.

Are you having the same issue with horizontal mode, or some completely different problem?

One can also trick the search to work in horizontal mode by triggering the search text pop-up in vertical mode, and then switching the phone to horizontal mode :LOL:

With multiple browsers the text entry disappears immediately regardless of orientation. I don't use this site enough that it bothers me though, and it happens on plenty of sites.