Blade Runner 2049 (Blu-ray SteelBook) [Finland]

Ranavalone

You have to be tough in Finland
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Apr 21, 2013
Finland
Release date: November 5, 2018
Purchase links: CDON.fi - Discshop.fi (both ship only within Finland), Futuremovieshop (ships internationally)
Price: 19.95 EUR (CDON, Discshop), 24.95 EUR (Futuremovieshop)
Notes: A new and updated bonus disc with new material • A 24-page Production Notes Booklet with behind the scenes production notes from the film • 5 pieces of collectible artcards/postcards • The art cards and booklet will be on the outside of the steel book, affixed between the steelbook and the J-card, and then shrink-wrapped • Scandinavian four-country (Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland) common release

blade_runner_2049_-_limited_steelbook_blu-ray_nordic-45311494-xtra3.jpg

blade_runner_2049_-_limited_steelbook_blu-ray_nordic-45311494-.jpg

blade_runner_2049_-_limited_steelbook_blu-ray_nordic-45311494-bckl.jpg

• Denis Villeneuve: From Fan to Filmmaker 7:45
• The Return of Deckard 6:00
• To be Human: Casting Blade Runner 2049 17:13
• Fights of the future: the Action of Blade Runner 2049 5:49
• Two become one 5:25
• Dressing the skin: The Fashion of Blade Runner 2049 5:49

Last edited by a moderator:
Received mine today, and wanted to share some info about Future Movie Shop. This is my first order with them, and I highly recommend them. The packaging was really excellent. It's like a more deluxe version of the Zavvi mailer.

DSC_4667a.jpg DSC_4668a.jpg

Inside, the steelbook is wrapped nicely in a few layers of bubble wrap.

DSC_4669a.jpg DSC_4671a.jpg

So much better than what Amazon usually sends!

The steelbook itself is actually much nicer than I expected. It's not glossy, but it's that satiny finish that makes good use of metallic highlights shining through. Feels and looks great. The booklet and postcards easily fit inside the case (so I don't know why they're packaged on the outside). The new bonus disc has art that I haven't seen on any other release, @Vangeli. Very pleased with all of this. :)

DSC_4673a.jpg DSC_4674a.jpg DSC_4675a.jpg DSC_4676a.jpg DSC_4677a.jpg

Yes, I received mine a couple days ago and forgot to share. If the logo on the front cover wasn't so huge it'd be a pretty fantastic Steelbook! As it stands I really just wanted the new bonus disc (and am glad it's free of ugly region logos!) and will be placing it into one of my many other modded four-disc BR2049 Steelbooks.

It's a bit strange that the booklet and art cards were sealed to the outside when they both easily fit inside, though. Will definitely be buying from Futureshop in the future at least! Fantastic packaging.

• Thanks
Reactions: wquach and ethnosax
Received mine today, and wanted to share some info about Future Movie Shop. This is my first order with them, and I highly recommend them. The packaging was really excellent. It's like a more deluxe version of the Zavvi mailer.

View attachment 401557View attachment 401558

View attachment 401559View attachment 401560

The steelbook itself is actually much nicer than I expected. It's not glossy, but it's that satiny finish that makes good use of metallic highlights shining through. Feels and looks great. The booklet and postcards easily fit inside the case (so I don't know why they're packaged on the outside). The new bonus disc has art that I haven't seen on any other release, @Vangeli. Very pleased with all of this. :)

View attachment 401561View attachment 401562View attachment 401563View attachment 401564View attachment 401565

Yes that is great packaging! Hopefully it isn't a one time thing due to the booklet and art cards being on the outside of the steelbook.

Slightly off topic I guess but does new Amaray releases from Finland (or any Scandinavian country for that matter) get slipcovers?
I'm wanna order this from FMS and as I was browsing, I saw some Amarays have different artwork but stock picture doesnt show slipcovers.

Slightly off topic I guess but does new Amaray releases from Finland (or any Scandinavian country for that matter) get slipcovers?
I don't think there are new Amaray releases, only seeing those that were released February 19th. Do you have a link to a newer release?

I don't think there are new Amaray releases, only seeing those that were released February 19th. Do you have a link to a newer release?
Well, I'm just speaking in general terms but i'll add a few links for newer releases below. They are not necessarily movies I wanna buy. I was just wondering if you guys get slip covers at all, for any release.
For comparison, let's say you wanna order from Amazon, you know a good 80 - 90% Amarays come with slips generally. But once the first batch gets sold out they dont ship with slips, only the Amarays.

Well, I'm just speaking in general terms but i'll add a few links for newer releases below. They are not necessarily movies I wanna buy. I was just wondering if you guys get slip covers at all, for any release.
For comparison, let's say you wanna order from Amazon, you know a good 80 - 90% Amarays come with slips generally. But once the first batch gets sold out they dont ship with slips, only the Amarays.

Gotcha.

We do get our share of slip cover releases, but my guesstimate is that the ratio is pretty much the opposite to what you get in Canada, well below 20%.

Some slip cover releases that I remember having seen in stores at one time or another are the Harry potter re-releases (PS, CoS, ...), Warner 3D releases (Godzilla, Mad Max: Fury Road, Batman v Superman, San Andreas, etc.), The Bling Ring, 12 Years a Slave. Just a very random sample.

In online shops like Future Movie Shop, CDON and Discshop, I would assume that if the product picture doesn't have a slip cover, it won't be shipped with a slip cover.

• Informative
Reactions: AlienKing
Gotcha.

We do get our share of slip cover releases, but my guesstimate is that the ratio is pretty much the opposite to what you get in Canada, well below 20%.

Some slip cover releases that I remember having seen in stores at one time or another are the Harry potter re-releases (PS, CoS, ...), Warner 3D releases (Godzilla, Mad Max: Fury Road, Batman v Superman, San Andreas, etc.), The Bling Ring, 12 Years a Slave. Just a very random sample.

In online shops like Future Movie Shop, CDON and Discshop, I would assume that if the product picture doesn't have a slip cover, it won't be shipped with a slip cover.
Ah i see. Okay, thanks. I got a much better picture of how it works there now :)

• Thanks
Reactions: Ranavalone
Same Steelbook is now available from Korea but will probably come with a different looking Bonus disc (with the Sony art instead of Universal variant) in line with the previous Asian-region Sony discs.

Essentially the new bonus disc art from the UK set but without the ratings logos. If you're someone like me who has all of the Asian 2049 discs because the disc art is super clean, the Korean Steelbook could be the one to get. If you wanna save $20, this one is fine. :D

Same Steelbook is now available from Korea but will probably come with a different looking Bonus disc (with the Sony art instead of Universal variant) in line with the previous Asian-region Sony discs.

Essentially the new bonus disc art from the UK set but without the ratings logos. If you're someone like me who has all of the Asian 2049 discs because the disc art is super clean, the Korean Steelbook could be the one to get. If you wanna save $20, this one is fine. :D

Well, € 19.95 + free shipping ain't bad price !

View attachment 401557View attachment 401558

View attachment 401559View attachment 401560

View attachment 401561View attachment 401562View attachment 401563View attachment 401564View attachment 401565
@ethnosax I agree, I'm really happy with their service, excellent packaging and really fast shipping. I'd never order a steelbook from Amazon, it'd get wrecked in transit.