Premium Supporter
Sep 13, 2012
Warwick, UK
Reactions
4,423 0 0
[MOVIE1]Title: Blade Runner 2049

Genre: Science Fiction

Director: Denis Villeneuve

Cast: Harrison Ford, Ryan Gosling, Ana de Armas, Robin Wright, Jared Leto, Dave Bautista, Lennie James

Plot: Thirty years after the events of the first film, a new blade runner, LAPD Officer K (Ryan Gosling), unearths a long-buried secret that has the potential to plunge what's left of society into chaos. K's discovery leads him on a quest to find Rick Deckard (Harrison Ford), a former LAPD blade runner who has been missing for 30 years. [/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
[/POSTER1]

From IMDB

Harrison Ford back for a sequel -
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-31657466

blade_runner.jpg
bladerunner2049.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

kaw

Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
Reactions
16,494 3 0
So since it's been confirmed to be a bit of a flop at the box office (I thought the marketing would push it harder but oh well not like the original was an immediate hit either) I think I'll be seeing it again tomorrow before they pull it from my local screens. :watch:
Yeah, It didn't have the best opening weekend sadly. But I'm hoping it will have some legs.
It doesn't have a lot of competition this month. Probably one of the horror films coming out in the next few weeks will be a hit with Halloween coming.

I wonder if the runtime and the reputation of the original being "boring" is keeping people away?
I really hope word of mouth will encourage people to watch this in the theater, its worth seeing it on the biggest screen possible.

Jan 31, 2012
Reactions
2,193 0 0
Yeah, It didn't have the best opening weekend sadly. But I'm hoping it will have some legs.
It doesn't have a lot of competition this month. Probably one of the horror films coming out in the next few weeks will be a hit with Halloween coming.

I wonder if the runtime and the reputation of the original being "boring" is keeping people away?
I really hope word of mouth will encourage people to watch this in the theater, its worth seeing it on the biggest screen possible.
I think they sold it in a pretty weird fashion. Blade Runner took its time to gain its status and the trailers and promos came out for this looking like any other sci-fi action movie. Blade Runner was not just another run of the mill sci-fi flick as we all know. While it earned its reputation with film buffs, the general public never truly warmed to it en masse. I think alot of people had a hard time with Harrison as really more of an anti-hero as well. Honestly the feeling I guess that I'm settling on with 2049 is that its almost a prestige project and one that maybe only really cares about satisfying the hardcore fanbase. Still like the first movie perhaps it'll find itself a larger audience over time... you just never know what kind of life a movie will take on down the line. The fact that seemingly most people who have been to see it rate it pretty highy is as good a sign as any.

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
I was in aweeeeee when looking at the movie and couldn't think how THEY could achieve such a masterpiece while on the other end of the spectre:
6CBLmW0.png

Oh and BTW, just watched this (yes I'm a fan of the original) and BOY this 2049 is good!!! Loved the story and of course, the visuals are breathtaking... and let's admit that Ana adds a little "fun" to the whole experience too (making K more human I mean...)

Last edited: