Blade Runner - The Final Cut (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Titans of Cult Exclusive #1) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: December 2, 2019 - June 20, 2022 (Re-release)
Purchase links: Zavvi - Amazon UK - WB Shop - HMV
Price: £29.99 (Zavvi - WB Shop ) - £34.99 (HMV) - £30.00 (Amazon)
Notes: Includes "Voight-Kampff" enamel badge and 2 coasters

70603409_130984624867422_6516860964280391576_n.jpg
FB_IMG_1569892592597.jpg IMG_20191025_170554.jpg 70266047_142559536999171_7024505719576050472_n.jpg 70890550_137734360846507_7576807810509067788_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sold mine (FR-version) on E-Bay for 90€ without beer coasters - I had the luck that it arrived in perfect mint condition and the German version was delayed (or cancelled?)

Sold mine (FR-version) on E-Bay for 90€ without beer coasters - I had the luck that it arrived in perfect mint condition and the German version was delayed (or cancelled?)

To my surprise, there's no better quality clip of that amazing Clooney dance scene online...

I liked the steelbook, but everytime I watched in the shelf with all that plastic of the slip I hated it and so I sold it. Wasn´t my intention to make money with it. I have the French Boxset with Digipack and that is a really nice edition. TOC one´s a joke.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Are you going to open it? Does it look like a brighter, more defined, different version of steelbook to the one issued before, which was really dark.
Haven't opened it yet .. will do later .. I missed out on the 1st edition , so wouldn't know what the difference would be

Germany release unboxing videos in thread link below

UK release with German Jcard added

You can see there is a dfifference in the unboxing video between previous UK steelbook

German release date June 16th 2022

2022 re-release is not the same as 2019 steelbook
There is a difference between 2019 and 2022 releases in regardss to the steelbook itself

Previous UK steelbook from 2019
Unboxing Video
Not my Video

German 2022 release has UK 2022 re-releae steelbook with German Jcard
June 16th 2022 re-release
Unboxing Video
Not My Video

Last edited:
Reactions: Lenny Nero
Actually wish they would get rid of both the plastic cases. The plastic insert with the pin that likes to scratch and mark up the steelbook and the plastic cases that have been a staple of their products that holds in everything and that just feels cheap. Although nearly all the releases sell out, so I doubt they will be making any changes.

Actually wish they would get rid of both the plastic cases. The plastic insert with the pin that likes to scratch and mark up the steelbook and the plastic cases that have been a staple of their products that holds in everything and that just feels cheap. Although nearly all the releases sell out, so I doubt they will be making any changes.

Have you bought their products and let them know ?

Have you bought their products and let them know ?
You bring up a good point, so much easier to rant and rave on here. I will have to reach out to them. I guess my frustration should be more with how the mail service handles Zavvi and FNAC deliveries as 1/3 of those deliveries have come with some type of damage. Thanks to Zavvi I now have many duplicates of damaged TOC releases (although I do applaud them for sending replacements). So much easier to blame the pins and plastic for the damage, but if the shipping was better it would save a lot of issues. Rant over.

Reactions: Space Cadet
So....I did something silly, against my better judgement, this came back into stock on sunday on Zavvi, and I thought i'd give it a chance, as some well known member here mentioned these oneoffs steelbooks of various previous sold out titles coming back into stock arrived sealed and it was unscathed.

So I ordered this,.....and it arrived today, packaging was good, from warringtons HQ, but here lies another story. Upon checking the steelbook, I noticed something strange, the shrink wrap wasn't the usual TOC fare, this was a thicker shrinkwrap, the limited edition sticker was missing, and the top, bottom edges and back were buckled in, like heat damage had shrunk it a abit. But the most strange thing was the amount of detritus within the box itself, and there was a, what I presume is a long human hair trapped inside !!!

This was a clear re-seal job, and it's going back, will not be fooled again.

P1580908.JPGP1580911.JPGP1580912.JPG

So....I did something silly, against my better judgement, this came back into stock on sunday on Zavvi, and I thought i'd give it a chance, as some well known member here mentioned these oneoffs steelbooks of various previous sold out titles coming back into stock arrived sealed and it was unscathed.

So I ordered this,.....and it arrived today, packaging was good, from warringtons HQ, but here lies another story. Upon checking the steelbook, I noticed something strange, the shrink wrap wasn't the usual TOC fare, this was a thicker shrinkwrap, the limited edition sticker was missing, and the top, bottom edges and back were buckled in, like heat damage had shrunk it a abit. But the most strange thing was the amount of detritus within the box itself, and there was a, what I presume is a long human hair trapped inside !!!

This was a clear re-seal job, and it's going back, will not be fooled again.

View attachment 544956View attachment 544957View attachment 544958
Don't send it back, complain and demand a full refund and stop them doing it again with this item :woot:

Don't worry, I'll be having my say, and i'd wager many other long sold out items that re-appear on zavvi are likely customer returns, re-seals as well, some may be OK, some not, but this is misleading, as these are not NEW.
Some might be damaged returns but not all releases that come back as available are customer returns due to been damaged.

Yes it's possible to re shrink wrap as most main retailers have a shrink wrapping machine in a shop or a warehouse
This is required as some new releases stock from distributors don't always come shrink wrapped happens lot more than you might realize

A few members have previously mentioned in various threads they have received previously sold out SteelBooks in perfect condition so not all was returns due to been damaged
Some returns would be just unwanted item as in customer changed their mind and be sealed in perfect condition.

Inventory errors happen in retail and only fixed when a stock take is done (A stock take is when every item is scanned in a shop or a warehouse)
When stock takes are done varies with retailers some are done once a year or 2 or 4 times a year

Damaged returns are meant to be separated from normal customer returns and damaged be sent back to distributor but mistakes can happen

Some SteelBooks that come back available can be stock from Europe distributor made available to UK distributor
UK distributor then just attach UK jcard and different discs if required and then shrink wrap and ship to retailer

My Saving Private Ryan SteelBook was new and was in perfect condition and was not previously used opened SteelBook

Last edited: