Blade Runner - The Final Cut (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Titans of Cult Exclusive #1) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: December 2, 2019 - June 20, 2022 (Re-release)
Purchase links: Zavvi - Amazon UK - WB Shop - HMV
Price: £29.99 (Zavvi - WB Shop ) - £34.99 (HMV) - £30.00 (Amazon)
Notes: Includes "Voight-Kampff" enamel badge and 2 coasters

70603409_130984624867422_6516860964280391576_n.jpg
FB_IMG_1569892592597.jpg IMG_20191025_170554.jpg 70266047_142559536999171_7024505719576050472_n.jpg 70890550_137734360846507_7576807810509067788_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just so people are aware, this reprint likely has a different colour scheme to the original. The background pattern on the steelbook is much more pronounced and is brighter overall.

It's a brighter, paler grey rather than a much darker, almost black grey of the original print. For reference I had the first UK release and I now have an Italian copy of the reprinted release.
Oh, could you maybe make a photo of the two together, to see how drastic the difference is?

Reactions: Lutzo
Oh, could you maybe make a photo of the two together, to see how drastic the difference is?
Issue with that being I sold my UK version long ago. So I've only got the Italian variant now. It's not unsightly or anything, but the pattern is now pretty obvious and it attracts the eye (well, to me it does anyway), rather than the design on the front. I did prefer the darker more subdued look of the original.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Okay, so not an exact "like for like" as I don't have the original in hand. Need to take lighting variances and a new phone camera into account too, but the difference is pretty evident either way.
That is a pretty pronounced difference - not sure I like the "new" version!

I think it's better looking, from what I recall, there where complaints that the tile background was way too dark on the original and the mockups showed a lighter shade. So I actually prefer this new look to the original dark version. OK, maybe a tad too light, but I'm fine with it..

Reactions: Lenny Nero
That is a pretty pronounced difference - not sure I like the "new" version!
It is isn't it. Took me by surprise when I opened it. Me either. I prefer the very subtle pattern and darker tone to the original.

However, looking at them side by side there, the detail and colours on/around the scanner are much more robust and defined, which does look better. So pro's and con's to both.

I think it's better looking, from what I recall, there where complaints that the tile background was way too dark on the original and the mockups showed a lighter shade. So I actually prefer this new look to the original dark version. OK, maybe a tad too light, but I'm fine with it..
A bit too light, yes. Agreed though, this print looks much more in line with the stock image..

20220327_131704.jpg

In hand the detailing on the scanner is impressive tbh, but the background is distracting and reminds me of a nan's kitchen carpet tiles that haven't been changed since the 60's :rofl:
..Well technically it's the 1920's as the tiles refer to Frank Lloyd Wright’s Ennis House, and the inspiration Blade Runner took and used in Deckard's apartment design. (they also filmed an exterior shot on location)

Okay, so not an exact "like for like" as I don't have the original in hand. Need to take lighting variances and a new phone camera into account too, but the difference is pretty evident either way.

View attachment 529863View attachment 529864View attachment 529865View attachment 529866
Wow, that’s quite a difference, practically a whole different steelbook. Definitely like the new version, never liked dark steelbooks. Sad now I bought it off a reseller... although I haven't opened the package yet, maybe I got one of the new ones!
Either way, thank you very much!

According to eBay they have sold 3 and have 1497 left in stock
They really have that many to sell? I thought it sold out? Did they reprint the title or was the release secretly a failure? Just wondering. It also interesting how many copies sold on eBay for $200 or so, but now there are about 1500 available.

They really have that many to sell? I thought it sold out? Did they reprint the title or was the release secretly a failure? Just wondering. It also interesting how many copies sold on eBay for $200 or so, but now there are about 1500 available.
If you read previous posts, yeah, there was a blatant reprint, the steelbook itself looks better now to boot.

Reactions: MM3