Blade Runner - The Final Cut (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Titans of Cult Exclusive #1) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: December 2, 2019 - June 20, 2022 (Re-release)
Purchase links: Zavvi - Amazon UK - WB Shop - HMV
Price: £29.99 (Zavvi - WB Shop ) - £34.99 (HMV) - £30.00 (Amazon)
Notes: Includes "Voight-Kampff" enamel badge and 2 coasters

70603409_130984624867422_6516860964280391576_n.jpg
FB_IMG_1569892592597.jpg IMG_20191025_170554.jpg 70266047_142559536999171_7024505719576050472_n.jpg 70890550_137734360846507_7576807810509067788_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Im sorry but this is shocking!

great finish yes but that art is one of the worst I’ve seen in a while

what makes me laugh is I’ve just caught up on the thread because I see this new image on insta and I just knew people would start drooling over it because it has a nice finish when a few days ago it was hated on because of the crappy art. And no shock I was right.

laughable

Im sorry but this is shocking!

great finish yes but that art is one of the worst I’ve seen in a while

what makes me laugh is I’ve just caught up on the thread because I see this new image on insta and I just knew people would start drooling over it because it has a nice finish when a few days ago it was hated on because of the crappy art. And no shock I was right.

laughable

I loved the image way before any finishing was mentioned. And usually do not mind such trivial things.

So, pls, do no think you're self as any kind or oracle. LOL.

Edit : silly and smug.

I loved the image way before any finishing was mentioned. And usually do not mind such trivial things.

So, pls, do no think you're self as any kind or oracle. LOL.

Edit : silly and smug.

But I thought I was a silly and smug oracle:(

I don’t literally mean everyone, I haven’t got a spreadsheet out with who liked it and didn’t like it before compared to who does and don’t after the live shot. But there’s still some with taste that don’t like it ;) (will that rile you up? Testing waters)

@Hereticz and others, inc me.

Each to his/hers/theirs liking. And that's it.

What's so hard about it ?

If you hate it. Don't buy it.

Why you getting so butthurt over Peoples opinions?

True, but if you look at all the other atrocious artwork that has come before it then you appreciate something new and unique. I quite like this, but as always to each there own.

I think the problem with most the previous artworks are that streaky matte finish. Whereas this has the finish but personally the worst art choice I’ve seen for the film

the finish and bossing on this reminds me of the German blade runner. Now imagine a proper decent art like the German blade runner with both this and that’s finish and again the clear slip. That would be stellar.
But unfortunately someone thought this art was a good idea

problem is new and unique don’t always mean it looks good. Whilst I will always back new and unique, it still has to look good. It’s like the original poster argument. People think it’s how steels should look. But what if the original poster art is crap? Lol. Then the product looks crap.

swings and roundabouts. I like original art/ posters/ new and unique/ illustrated (mondo etc) but as long as it looks good

its not.. at least for me.. the jp unicorn one is better imo... now that ive taken a closer look tho, its actually not that bad despite the rather poor quality

View attachment 449440

For me a toss up between that unicorn JP release and the one with the debossed title in the HDZ release for the best Blade Runner steelbook to date.

This new one does look nice thanks to the glossing and embossing but the actual choice of artwork is on the questionable side when you look past the finish

Reactions: hatredhorror
To each their own, but I think it's a pointless extra.

What are you supposed to do with it? I'm not a fan of those collectors editions either that Zavvi do. I'd rather they put the expense into the finish on the Steelbook (and slips) instead of pointless badges.

I do like replicas of things though (like Kimchi Mementos driving licence and Polaroid pics etc.....)

To each their own, but I think it's a pointless extra.

What are you supposed to do with it? I'm not a fan of those collectors editions either that Zavvi do. I'd rather they put the expense into the finish on the Steelbook (and slips) instead of pointless badges.

I do like replicas of things though (like Kimchi Mementos driving licence and Polaroid pics etc.....)
Agree

This is what's funny to me ... this Community voted the Ex Machina steelbook some years ago the SteelBook of the Year. And this steel here has a lot of similarities. Embossing, debossing, good finish and elements from the film.

ExMachinaZavviBluRaySteelBookSpread.jpg