Blade Runner - The Final Cut (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Titans of Cult Exclusive #1) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: December 2, 2019 - June 20, 2022 (Re-release)
Purchase links: Zavvi - Amazon UK - WB Shop - HMV
Price: £29.99 (Zavvi - WB Shop ) - £34.99 (HMV) - £30.00 (Amazon)
Notes: Includes "Voight-Kampff" enamel badge and 2 coasters

70603409_130984624867422_6516860964280391576_n.jpg
FB_IMG_1569892592597.jpg IMG_20191025_170554.jpg 70266047_142559536999171_7024505719576050472_n.jpg 70890550_137734360846507_7576807810509067788_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is what's funny to me ... this Community voted the Ex Machina steelbook some years ago the SteelBook of the Year. And this steel here has a lot of similarities. Embossing, debossing, good finish and elements from the film.

ExMachinaZavviBluRaySteelBookSpread.jpg
And what's funnier is I'm sure I recall folks having similar complaints when the artwork for EM was first revealed... then they eventually saw it in hand and went nuts for it lol.

Personally this (Blade Runner) is shaping up to be one of my favourite looking editions and most anticipated releases of the year. Can't wait to own this beauty! :D

yeah, right.. it was already used on a lackluster streaky matte steelbook in canada...
Struzan artwork put to better effect on the DVD steelbook:-
1570124917287.png

1570125205467.png

As for this new one: it's stunning and sooo different to what's gone before - even compared to this jumbo:-
1570125548590.png

Last edited:
Reactions: hatredhorror
And what's funnier is I'm sure I recall folks having similar complaints when the artwork for EM was first revealed... then they eventually saw it in hand and went nuts for it lol.

Personally this (Blade Runner) is shaping up to be one of my favourite looking editions and most anticipated releases of the year. Can't wait to own this beauty! :D

I'm actually starting to question if I get this or not Noodles. SEND HALP! Cooey is sorting me out with the HDZeta edition and part of me is questioning if I should go for this or not.

Reactions: cooey
I'm actually starting to question if I get this or not Noodles. SEND HALP! Cooey is sorting me out with the HDZeta edition and part of me is questioning if I should go for this or not.
I dunno mate. You can buy it for me though if you want. :thumbs:

This is what's funny to me ... this Community voted the Ex Machina steelbook some years ago the SteelBook of the Year. And this steel here has a lot of similarities. Embossing, debossing, good finish and elements from the film.

ExMachinaZavviBluRaySteelBookSpread.jpg

I get what your saying but it’s still very different. And I agree that this new steel does have a good finish and bossing but the problem is the image of the prop. It just don’t look right. Whereas Ex_machina although somthing different and unique theysmashed it. The exo skeleton (whatever you call it) is just a much better design. Which brings me exactly back to my point in my post before. New and unique is fine, as long as it looks good (imo). Ex_machina looks good

I don’t care that people like this design. But I am very surprised that they do especially when for example some amazing illustrated arts much much much greater than this have had a lot of hate lol. And my hunch with this is (because the design was getting a lot of hate to start with) that like magpies, a lot have seen shiny shiny and fallen for its trance

And every one of us on here at some point have not liked a mock up and then changed their minds once in hand or seeing pics. But in this instance, I’ve seen the pics and the lovely finish still can’t convince me it’s not a bad design and odd image (by odd I mean I don’t like that they chose that, and it’s placement is weird to me)

I like the kind of love going into the package, but I’ll wait to see what they do in the future with a film and design I prefer. I just hope this won’t be their thing and they use out of place props for front artworks on all their films

Overall, everything is fickle. When GOTG walkman came out most all bashed, wanted poster art. Now it has a pretty good reputation, and sells very well. I always see love for it on social.

In the instance of Blade Runner, there is already like 4-5 other editions which feature poster art or other, so I welcome something different and unique. Granted I do realize we still haven't gotten that Struzan in all its glory the way it should be done but I suspect at some point.

I'm not a huge Blade Runner fan, but had this simply been the unicorn again I'd think it'd receive much more hate.

Last edited:
Overall, everything is fickle. When GOTG walkman came out most all bashed, wanted poster art. Now it has a pretty good reputation, and sells very well. I always see love for it on social.

In the instance of Blade Runner, there is already like 4-5 other editions which feature poster art, so I welcome something different and unique.

I'm not a huge Blade Runner fan, but had this simply been the unicorn again I'd think it'd receive much more hate.

I actually love the Guardians Walkman steel haha

Oh yeah at least it’s not repeated art. That does become tiresome (although I’d happily accept the sleepy hollow steel to get a rerelease in the U.K. , that would be my exception)