Release date: December 19, 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £15.99
Notes: Limited to 2,000 copies

11118991-1714301349068571.jpg

11118991-1354301349097101.jpg

11118991-6424301349090483.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a shame other posters aren't aware of the facts before commenting. While I don't expect every poster to know the distributor of every movie, it's worth checking before posting inflammatory comments.

Just to add, Warner also have the rights for Blade on DVD too now. I'm surprised actually, that Blade II and Blade Trinity are still with EiV, there's seemingly no logic as to which New Line titles Warner have got back and which remain with EiV. It's unfortunate really, as a matching set in the UK is seemingly impossible.

While EiV are willing to join up with other distributors to create complete box sets (Saw with Lionsgate), Warner never have to my knowledge, hence no Final Destination 5 in any set or any Sex in the City movies set.

What inflammatory comments ?????
I said EIV had originally distribution to the DVD of Blade 1998 in the UK and they never that the distribution to the Blu-ray of Blade 1998 that's with Warner
The Blu-ray and DVD of Blade 1998 are with Warner and reason why I posted EIV wont have the Blade 1998 Blu-ray release as a Steelbook unless Warner decide to do it
Warner re re-released the DVD in 2010 taking over from EIV in the UK and released the Blu-ray in 2012
The Artwork from Warner for Blade 1998 is the Same for both DVD and Blu-ray

Blade 2 and Blade Trinity Blu-ray are still with EIV in the UK
EIV logo is on the spines

Last edited:
Reactions: lgans316
What inflammatory comments ?????
I said EIV only ever had the originally distribution to the DVD of Blade 1998 and they never that the distribution to the Blu-ray of Blade 1998
The Blu-ray and DVD of Blade 1998 are with Warner and reason why I posted EIV wont have the Blade 1998 Blu-ray release as a Steelbook unless Warner decide to do it
Warner re re-released the DVD in 2010 taking over from EIV in the UK and released the Blu-ray in 2012
The Artwork from Warner for Blade 1998 is the Same for both DVD and Blu-ray

Blade 2 and Blade Trinity Blu-ray are still with EIV in the UK

My post was agreeing with you (plus a bit of clarification regarding the DVD), I said 'other posters' (ie: not you) in regards to those banging on about Zavvi not announcing Blade, implying they were holding out on collectors, rather than the truth of the matter which was due to distribution issues.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: paulboland
My post was agreeing with you (plus a bit of clarification regarding the DVD), I said 'other posters' (ie: not you) in regards to those banging on about Zavvi not announcing Blade, implying they were holding out on collectors, rather than the truth of the matter which was due to distribution issues.
That's fine
I was re reading my posts wondering were I posted something inflammatory and wondering what did I say :LOL:

Thanks for clearing that up that it was not me you were talking about :thumbs:

I agree its surprising Warner don't have the rights to all 3 Films but that's distribution rights for you its complicated in the UK as you can have 2 releases still available sometimes of a same film from different UK distributors and get complicated if one is different with new extras or new video transfer making it difficult for a customer to know which one to get

I'm angry at myself for ordering this, it's terrible. Snipes phoned in his performance and it just makes no sense. Deadpool, err sorry Hannibal King was awesome and his jesus six-pack makes me look at my stomach in shame. Few decent ideas buy Goyer should stick to writing. Steelbook looks cool and it's a film I'll probably revisit whilst drunk so why not, and don't forget it introduced vampire pomeranian's!

Rawr!
bladetrinity_vampirepooch.jpg

I'm angry at myself for ordering this, it's terrible. Snipes phoned in his performance and it just makes no sense. Deadpool, err sorry Hannibal King was awesome and his jesus six-pack makes me look at my stomach in shame. Few decent ideas buy Goyer should stick to writing. Steelbook looks cool and it's a film I'll probably revisit whilst drunk so why not, and don't forget it introduced vampire pomeranian's!

Rawr!
View attachment 169281
How can you be angry for ordering this when its not even gone live yet :D

Rawr!
View attachment 169281

How can you be angry for ordering this when its not even gone live yet :D

"The demon is a liar. He will lie to confuse us. But he will also mix lies with the truth to attack us. The attack is psychological" - Father Merrin, The Exorcist

I really want this! At the moment I have the two Japanese steels and a TV recorded version of Trinty. Every time I have a Blade session I always say I should get a blu-ray copy of Trinity (extended version). Now that it is here I am having second thoughts. Will it sell-out? It is after all a Marvel offering. Or is it likely to end-up heavily reduced (just three pages of interest here in the thread). Decisions, decisions

I really want this! At the moment I have the two Japanese steels and a TV recorded version of Trinty. Every time I have a Blade session I always say I should get a blu-ray copy of Trinity (extended version). Now that it is here I am having second thoughts. Will it sell-out? It is after all a Marvel offering. Or is it likely to end-up heavily reduced (just three pages of interest here in the thread). Decisions, decisions
It will sell out, but not for a loooooooong time yet. Typical Zavvi will say it's sold out and when release day comes it will be in stock for ages. But it will sell out due to the fact it is Marvel

Blade 2 is arguably the best of the trilogy, and should sell out first- but there are a lot of shelves out there with Blade 1 and Blade 2 with no Blade 3... So it would not surprise me if 3 sells out fast.
It's not even about quality of the steelbook(don't know) or the movie(not much Blade in BT)- it's about finishing the steelbook trilogy.

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Ordered This, Blade 2 & Ghost Rider on zavvi.de with BLU3 for 15% off
Just to let you know, I don't think that code works on Ghost Rider for whatever reason. You only get 15% off the two Blades. (but you do need 3 items for the code to work) If you swap Ghost Rider for a different Steelbook you should see the discount increase even more.

I ordered this, Blade II and Tomorrow Land with a 20% off code I had with Zavvi.es :woot: