Release date: December 19, 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £15.99
Notes: Limited to 2,000 copies

11118991-1714301349068571.jpg

11118991-1354301349097101.jpg

11118991-6424301349090483.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to let you know, I don't think that code works on Ghost Rider for whatever reason. You only get 15% off the two Blades. (but you do need 3 items for the code to work) If you swap Ghost Rider for a different Steelbook you should see the discount increase even more.

I ordered this, Blade II and Tomorrow Land with a 20% off code I had with Zavvi.es :woot:

It did work Ghost Rider for me anyway, So I got Blade 2 & Trinity for €19.03 and Ghost Rider for €17.84 :)

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Does anybody know if Zavvi will eventually release BLADE??? (The first one)
Blade 1998 is distributed by Warner UK

Blade 2 and Blade Trinity are distributed by EIV (Entertainment in Video)
These steelbooks are a EIV release

For Blade 1998 to get UK Steelbook Warner UK would have to release it

Zavvi are only a online retailer who sell what's offered to them by Film Studios and Film Distribution company's

If Warner UK decide to do a Steelbook for Blade 1998 it will be available on general release or as an exclusive to a retailer
At the moment Warner UK have not announced any plans for a UK Steelbook but hopefully that will happen at some stage as it would sell very well

• Informative
Reactions: Mickle_89
Paul, when did Warner get the UK rights? I have an old DVD which is EV and as far as I know there has not been a BD release of Blade in the UK yet which does kind of imply that it may be with a different distributer, I know it's a New Line film which is usually distributed by EV or Warner.

Paul, when did Warner get the UK rights? I have an old DVD which is EV and as far as I know there has not been a BD release of Blade in the UK yet which does kind of imply that it may be with a different distributer, I know it's a New Line film which is usually distributed by EV or Warner.
The Distribution Rights for Blade 1998 was transferred to Warner
UK
Blu-ray was released by Warner Home Video UK in 2012

The DVD of Blade 1998 the distribution yes was originally with EIV they released the DVD in 1999 (Orange DVD cover)
image.jpg
That's the one I have myself

The DVD distribution changed to Warner in 2010 they re released the DVD in 2010

image.jpg
The DVD artwork is the same as the UK 2012 Blu-ray

Warner then released the UK Blu-ray in 2012 it's available from AmazonUK and Zavvi and at a cheap price

image.jpg

Both Blade 2 and Blade Trinity EIV still have the distribution rights in the UK

Last edited:
Blade 1998 is distributed by Warner UK

Blade 2 and Blade Trinity are distributed by EIV (Entertainment in Video)
These steelbooks are a EIV release

For Blade 1998 to get UK Steelbook Warner UK would have to release it

Zavvi are only a online retailer who sell what's offered to them by Film Studios and Film Distribution company's

If Warner UK decide to do a Steelbook for Blade 1998 it will be available on general release or as an exclusive to a retailer
At the moment Warner UK have not announced any plans for a UK Steelbook but hopefully that will happen at some stage as it would sell very well
Hi @paulboland - Many thanks for such an informative response! I find this HDN forum fascinating and to get insight and knowledge like you've just displayed there... well, that's exactly why I signed up! :)

Reactions: paulboland
No harm in pre-ordering it now - you are in a much stronger position then not pre-ordering it. Money is not taken until despatch and you can cancel at any time before it gets released.

i almost forgot how bad is this film...lol i just watched it n i'm afraid i have to cancel my pre order.....what we do in the heat of the moment when a steelbook is announced!