Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: January 23rd , 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £19.99

1.jpg
2.jpg

I'd say this & The Blair Witch Project will go live at the same time (or maybe one Saturday & one Sunday), once that second thread is active it should clear up confusion.

With the same colouring and same glossy finish as CABIN FEVER this steelbook should look very good . . . can't say I mind that they've just recycled two of the original posters for the steelbook cover.

Both posters designed by LA with the back image from photography by Cullin Tobin (of YOU'RE NEXT and the FINAL DESTINATION 5 HMV excl. steelbook as well as THE POSSESSION HMV excl. lenticular slipcover and THE RUINS, MY BLOODY VALENTINE Amaray covers etc. fame):-

Personally would have preferred the design of the red trees against the black night sky to blend better with the back art:-

. . . or better still have the B&W back art on the steelbook front and the red art on the steelbook back IF and only if they release the original film with the famous original B&W poster design on the front - like that both steelbooks should end up going well together artwork-wise:-
or
blair_witch_project_ver1.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: satanclaus
Im currently putting together a collection of Horror Found Footage which is my favourite genre. But a lot of the movies are low budget productions and are only available on DVD. The one movie I've been patiently waiting for a steelbook edition of is The Blair Witch Project so this is great news to hear its finally being released along with Blair Witch. Adam Wingard the director of Blair Witch also had a hand in the movie VHS another Found Footage favourite of mine that's long overdue the steelbook treatment!

Reactions: levi
With the same colouring and same glossy finish as CABIN FEVER this steelbook should look very good . . . can't say I mind that they've just recycled two of the original posters for the steelbook cover.

Both posters designed by LA with the back image from photography by Cullin Tobin (of YOU'RE NEXT and the FINAL DESTINATION 5 HMV excl. steelbook as well as THE POSSESSION HMV excl. lenticular slipcover and THE RUINS, MY BLOODY VALENTINE Amaray covers etc. fame):-

Personally would have preferred the design of the red trees against the black night sky to blend better with the back art:-

. . . or better still have the B&W back art on the steelbook front and the red art on the steelbook back IF and only if they release the original film with the famous original B&W poster design on the front - like that both steelbooks should end up going well together artwork-wise:-
or
blair_witch_project_ver1.jpg

Agreed prefer the dark cross poster but will buy anyway. Thinking it will be out January time. Would been awesome release for Halloween if they released in theater early.

Still need to see this and if it's good wouldn't mind a steel for this and the announced first film but I'll wait on drops for both