Blair Witch (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Starling

Premium Supporter
May 5, 2012
London
Reactions
3,259 0 0
Never got what anyone saw in this movie at all.

I left the cinema still waiting for the scary bits to start.

The only shock I had was how bad it was!

Mar 22, 2014
Reactions
101 0 0
Better film than I expected. First half was a bit of a retread but second half was great. May pick this up.

Jun 4, 2015
Ireland
Reactions
2,050 14 0
The only thing about this is that now I want them to do a steelbook for the first one! (Don't need one for Book of Shadows, that movie never happened!)

Flloydo

Yo honey-dips, summertime, fine Jheri drippin'
Premium Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
UK
Reactions
28,267 32 0
I was never really a fan of this film but it did used to freak me out a little when I was younger. Even though nothing really happens

But I did get into found footage films after

Prob give it a miss unless the finish is amazing and it ends in the bargain bin. The front art is quite cool

Oct 24, 2014
Finland
Reactions
4,681 0 0
I was never really a fan of this film but it did used to freak me out a little when I was younger. Even though nothing really happens

But I did get into found footage films after

Prob give it a miss unless the finish is amazing and it ends in the bargain bin. The front art is quite cool
You mean The Blair Witch Project :coffee:

Sep 20, 2016
Reactions
65 1 0
yes, yes wating so Long of a nice blair witch steelbook :cigar::cigar:

denizen

The Shadow Ninja
Premium Supporter
Nov 13, 2012
South Africa
Reactions
3,880 0 0
Still havent seen this but i enjoyed the first. Hated the second. And hoped that the third would be good. From what i have heard, it is.

Flloydo

Yo honey-dips, summertime, fine Jheri drippin'
Premium Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
UK
Reactions
28,267 32 0
It's the new sequel.

Oh right! First I've heard of this

Looks ok too

So this is an actual sequel, and are they looking for the girl (his sister) from the first film?

Jan 15, 2013
UK
Reactions
881 1 0

Looks ok too

So this is an actual sequel, and are they looking for the girl (his sister) from the first film?
Correct. Not seen it myself. Reviews have been generally favourable.

Sigill

Lead Steelbook Mod
Premium Supporter
Jan 21, 2011
United Kingdom
Reactions
29,925 7 0
It's a pass for me, The shaky cam found footage films are annoying, they just make you feel nauseous!!

Jun 4, 2015
Ireland
Reactions
2,050 14 0

Looks ok too

Directed by Adam Wingard (director of You're Next & The Guest), it was made in secret. A teaser trailer was released months ago with title listed as "The Woods". There was rumours that it could be a Blair Witch Project sequel, but the studio & director were adamant (as they would be if they were trying to keep a secret) that it was a brand new original idea.

It screened at ComicCon back in August & it wasn't till the title came up that it was revealed as a Blair Witch Project sequel. Obviously ignores the not-canon Blair Witch: Book of Shadows & just picks up the story from the original, 20 years later (or, well, 22 I suppose, seeing as the original took place in 1994.)

adarkcorner

Premium Supporter
Jun 19, 2015
Memphis, TN USA
Reactions
1,193 0 0
All the reviews I've read say it's anywhere from just tolerable to downright awful. It has a 36% rating on Rotten Tomatoes, and the audience ratings are almost as low. Don't know how some people here have the impression that the reviews are generally favorable for it.

Jun 4, 2015
Ireland
Reactions
2,050 14 0
Bit of news from the Zavvi twitter account, they've just responded to someone saying that the original will also be getting a steelbook release.

Oct 21, 2013
Reactions
2,087 2 0
Never got what anyone saw in this movie at all.

I left the cinema still waiting for the scary bits to start.

The only shock I had was how bad it was!
You missed out. The last 20 mins of the film were genuinely intense. Just brutally cold, dark and hopeless.

I'm actually extremely happy this film is getting the steelbook treatment.

Looking forward to it