Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: January 23rd , 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £19.99

1.jpg
2.jpg

Better film than I expected. First half was a bit of a retread but second half was great. May pick this up.

I was never really a fan of this film but it did used to freak me out a little when I was younger. Even though nothing really happens

But I did get into found footage films after

Prob give it a miss unless the finish is amazing and it ends in the bargain bin. The front art is quite cool

I was never really a fan of this film but it did used to freak me out a little when I was younger. Even though nothing really happens

But I did get into found footage films after

Prob give it a miss unless the finish is amazing and it ends in the bargain bin. The front art is quite cool

You mean The Blair Witch Project :coffee:

Still havent seen this but i enjoyed the first. Hated the second. And hoped that the third would be good. From what i have heard, it is.

Oh right! First I've heard of this

Looks ok too

So this is an actual sequel, and are they looking for the girl (his sister) from the first film?

Correct. Not seen it myself. Reviews have been generally favourable.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Oh right! First I've heard of this

Looks ok too

So this is an actual sequel, and are they looking for the girl (his sister) from the first film?

Directed by Adam Wingard (director of You're Next & The Guest), it was made in secret. A teaser trailer was released months ago with title listed as "The Woods". There was rumours that it could be a Blair Witch Project sequel, but the studio & director were adamant (as they would be if they were trying to keep a secret) that it was a brand new original idea.

It screened at ComicCon back in August & it wasn't till the title came up that it was revealed as a Blair Witch Project sequel. Obviously ignores the not-canon Blair Witch: Book of Shadows & just picks up the story from the original, 20 years later (or, well, 22 I suppose, seeing as the original took place in 1994.)

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Flloydo
All the reviews I've read say it's anywhere from just tolerable to downright awful. It has a 36% rating on Rotten Tomatoes, and the audience ratings are almost as low. Don't know how some people here have the impression that the reviews are generally favorable for it.

Never got what anyone saw in this movie at all.

I left the cinema still waiting for the scary bits to start.

The only shock I had was how bad it was!

You missed out. The last 20 mins of the film were genuinely intense. Just brutally cold, dark and hopeless.

I'm actually extremely happy this film is getting the steelbook treatment.

Looking forward to it