Blu-ray player for Parents

mobius387

beer snob
Premium Supporter
Feb 16, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
I was wondering if I could get some help. My parents are shopping for a blu-ray player, and I am not up to date on my research for which ones are the best. I dont have time right now to do it right now either.

They don't need like a top of the line one, but they want one thats pretty good/future proof. They are also getting a new TV, so maybe there are some pretty good package deals out there. I told them this was a great time to get a TV with the superbowl deals and all.

Also, they aren't against getting a PS3 if its one of the better deals. I remember a while back it was, but I'm not sure if stand-alone players have caught up.

Any help is greatly appreciated!! :D

i forgot the exact model number, but it's a panasonic. Has the option to upgrade the FW. Has an internet port. Etc. Price wasn't bad. Around 125. Easy for them to use. If you want, I can try to look it up.

get an LG network player with wi-fi .... your future proof there and can even stream netflix if they ever get into that sort of thing... also does youtube too.

so in all, price around for a network player wi-fi preferable if set up isnt close to router.