Blufans - SteelBook Retailer Chat Thread

bluraysteel

Jul 23, 2011
BLUFANS DO NOT DELIVER OUTSIDE OF CHINA

bf5y.jpg

With a growing popularity of Blufans Exclusive steelbook collection, I'm thinking it is a good idea to have the thread about Blufans. Please feel free to discuss anything related to Blufans products.

Currently, Blufans only ships their orders within China, not to overseas.

Credit to REDLEMON and thanks to him for doing the list, with updated release date on coming Blufans releases
Blufans Exclusives SteelBooks™ List

And in order for our members better understanding the Blufans Exclusive steelbooks, here is how are they made and how long are they made.
BE STEELBOOK FLOWCHART

STAGE 1: ARTWORKS DESIGN

1) Blufans chooses the photos from studio art library.
2) Concept arts designing. Time: normally about 7 days.
3) Submit the arts to studio headquarters for approval. Time: 7 to 10 days.
4) Once the art is approved, send the artworks to Scanavo (the steelbook maker) for review. Time: wthin 7 days

Total time: 15 to 20 days

STAGE 2: STEELBOOK MANUFACTURING

1) Confirm steelbook finish (Glossy vs Matte) (emboss, deboss, or none )
2) Making a tin proof for BLUFANS to check. Time:10 to 14 days.
3) Making a sample steelbook. The step is optional, but Blufans always request it for ensuring a better quality of its products. There will be an extra cost for doing this. Time: 14 days
4) Steelbooks in Mass Production. Time:45 days
5) Custom Clearence. Time: 7 days
6) Transport the steelbooks to Packing facility. Time: 4 days

Total Time: at least 70 days

STAGE 3: PACKING and SHIPPING

1) Pack all the elements into the steelbook and factory-seal it. Time: 3 to 5 days
2) Shipping. Time: 7 days

Total Time: at least 10 days

As you can see, if everything goes perfectly smooth, you will wait at least 90 days to receive the final product.

Last edited by a moderator:
Something Kevin said on the other forum this morning:

bluraysteel said:
It is only the calm before the storm. I am trying to take it slow and let your wallets having a little break now. :D With 2015 Blufans release schedules in hand, I am kind of afraid announcing it.

something you guys already knew:

Thor1 and 2
GotG
Godzilla
Gravity (new artwork with Diamond Luxe Edition)
4 OAB titles

and something is still under construction:

B?? ~~~
H??? ~~~
R???? ~~~
L??? ~~~
M???? ~~~
A fair bit of speculation about what the initials stand for. I reckon:

Big Hero 6
Hulk (The Incredible)
R...?
Lego Movie
M...?

Reactions: Moros
I'm not looking to start a blu-ray vs HDN feud, but to counter your points purely because a lot of people use both forums...

More customer friendly.
Kevin has been nothing but awesome to me and many others. PM responses normally within a few hours. In what way is HDN more customer friendly?

Easier to deal with.
How so?

Don't have to pay until absolutely necessary
Which results in you getting it later than everyone else.

and many other reasons
Go on...

And that's not to mention the price increase for getting it from here.

I'm not looking to start a blu-ray vs HDN feud, but to counter your points purely because a lot of people use both forums...

Kevin has been nothing but awesome to me and many others. PM responses normally within a few hours. In what way is HDN more customer friendly?

How so?

Go on...

I too, am deeply interested in knowing more. Just a new bee trying to learn what is what. Started collecting SB since Feb of this year so all this is so brand new to me. :)

How so?

Go on...

It was in no way meant to discredit Kevin. He has helped me with many GB'S. It is just that he is one person trying, successfully, to do that of 10. There are sometimes you want to have that person that is always able to answer your questions immediately. That is where having many mods in the know with everything helps.

You may get them a little later, but you also do not have to worry about the tracking as it is coming from a closer person when it is finally on its way to you.

I also like the fact that there is a $2 per steelbook fee for the GB as it makes the site here run better and smoother.

Everyone has the right, obviously, to choose where they get it from. I am just tired of the tracking never updating and never knowing when I will be getting the order. I also like the fact that payment is not required until closer to the date I will be getting it.

All this is great, but I am still in GB'S with Kevin for CA2, Thor and Thor 2 as well.

Now that this is over, we can continue discussing how great all of these Blufans releases are.

I have been away from this forum for nearly over year now and I have missed so much. I am back now, and trying to catch up on all the things I've missed. Who now deals with blufans now that Kevin has gone (I kinda remember that saga)?