Breweries and Tours List

mobius387

beer snob
Premium Supporter
Feb 16, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
Post the breweries you have visited and also ones you wish to visit someday. Feel free to use this to ask others how the brewery was if its one you think you want to visit someday.

Have visited:
1. Lakefront (use to be awesome, now is lame, best fish fry in the city tho)
2. Tyranena (only do tours on saturdays, brewpub is nice but theres no food)
3. Water Street (good place to dine and drink)
4. Central Waters (brewpub is right in the brewery which is sweet, no food tho and in the middle of NOWHERE)
5. Minneapolis Town Hall (great food, always packed, and right in the heart of downtown, dont think there are tours tho)
6. Founders (also got great food, usually bands there, and they have a great taplist of special brews)
7. Bells (awesome tap list, not sure about food or tours tho)
8. Brewery Vivant (great tour, very small brewery, great food and very unique brews)

Want to visit:
1. New Glarus (WI)
2. Odell (CO)
3. Goose Island (IL)
4. Hair of the Dog (OR)
5. The Bruery (CA)
6. Boston Beer (MA)
7. Deschutes (OR)
8. Surly (MN)

Last edited:
Reactions: Off_contstantly
Have visited:
1. Morgan Street Brewery (St. Louis, MO) - Very small brewery. The entire tour took about 10 to 15 minutes. The beer is good, the food is great, the location is meh.
2. Schlafly Tap Room (St. Louis, MO) - My favorite tour, favorite Brewmaster, and favorite brewery. The tour is hard to come by. The beer, food, and festivals are some of the best. Most of the special beers are here.
3. Schlafly Bottleworks (St. Louis, MO) - More of the standard beers from Schlafly. This is their "high volume" bottling line location. Tours are Friday - Sunday.
4. Urban Chestnut Brewing Company (St. Louis, MO) - Small menu, big beers. Tours aren't normally given. Very cool place. Ranked in the top 5 on RateBeer.com
5. 2nd Shift (New Haven, MO) - A very fun place. Almost out out MO wine country (central MO). Off the wall, but very good and creative beers. Two person operation, so tours are given when one of the guys has a minute on the weekend.
6. Perennial Artisan Ales (St. Louis, MO) - Another place with realy good and creative beers. These guys really know their beers. I've been in their brewery several times, but I'm not sure about any formal tours.
7. Mother's Brewing Company (Springfield, MO) - Based out of an old bread factory. The people and beers are a lot of fun. I didn't have time to ask for a tour the one time I was there, so I can't say much about that, but I think they do have them.

8. Springfield Brewing Company (Springfield, MO) - I haven't toured, but the food and beer are very good.
8. Aecht Schlenkerla (Bamberg, Germany) - The home and creator of rauchbier (smoked beer). Also very good beer.

Want to visit:
1. New Glarus (WI)
2. Goose Island (IL)
3. Deschutes (OR)
4. Surly (MN)
5. Three Floyds (IN)
6. Founders (MI)
7. Cigar City (FL)

Last edited by a moderator:
Been to:
Sherwood, Utica Mi, I wasnt there for very long and only had one beer but it was decent a chai tea ale.

Khuhnenns, Warren Mi, This place is really good. Very good tap list and so much mead that it will make your head hurt.

Dragonmead, Warren Mi, I was there for Dragonfest last year and got to sample a lot of their beers. I need to go back for sure, they have A LOT of beer on tap. Im just not sure they do a lot of styles I was into then so a bit of it was lost on me.

Want to go:

Michigan:
Founders
Bells
Dark Horse
Arcadia
Greenbush
Odd Side
Jolly Pumpkin
Arcadia
Arbor, these last 3 could happen this weekend, at least one will
.....I could keep going but you get the point we have lots of good beer in Michigan.

Three Floyds , In

Last edited:
I didnt even get into the California/West Coast breweries because they're a pipe dream at best for me at this point. I hear the Brury is awesome. Id love to go to Russian River too. You ever need a trading buddy you let me know lol

I didnt even get into the California/West Coast breweries because they're a pipe dream at best for me at this point. I hear the Brury is awesome. Id love to go to Russian River too. You ever need a trading buddy you let me know lol

Yeah I've gone to the Bruery Provision's a couple of times, but I am yet to go to the Tasting Room. Provisions has plenty on tap though.

Went to this brewery last fall - always fun to check out a lot of the smaller ones we have in my area.

This is a big one tho - I think they're in the top 25 "small" breweries in the USA based on volume.

Portland, ME

Shipyard_ext.jpg

Yeah I've gone to the Bruery Provision's a couple of times, but I am yet to go to the Tasting Room. Provisions has plenty on tap though.

They're stuff looks amazing. I've heard they make some really good sours. Its too bad the 3 tier system basically makes it impossible to get beer from certain places.

I'm just visiting, I dont live here. You'd have to talk to Horhay tho. :)