Bruce Lee at Golden Harvest (4K + Blu-ray Limited Edition Box Set) (Arrow Video) (Arrow Store Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: July 17, 2023
Purchase link: Arrow Films
Price: £120.00

343653737_563582208978727_4596364948426555064_n.jpg

Last edited:
I hope they use special packaging to ship it out, otherwise it will arrive in the mail all dented.

I ordered 2 full slip editions from them and they were shipped loose in a box. Both copies arrived dented.
I got Empire of Screams sent together with Waterworld. There was nothing but one large airbag thing in the bottom of the box. Yes, it was flat when it arrived.. It's in surprisingly well condition. But I will never order a box set in this size directly from Arrow again. How hard can it be to pack it in double layer bubble wrap and fill in the box.

Reactions: MM3
In regards to arrow films shop I only ever had 1 item arrived damaged that was A Trip to the Moon Limited Edition Box Set that I ordered in 2020 and they sent a replacement that arrived in mint condition
I have used Arrow Films Website shop for years and ordered over 100 items all those apart from the above arrived in perfect condition

All my most recent orders since 2021 to date they used strong cardboard packaging similar to what HMV use
It's Technicolor who ship arrow store website orders direct from the arrow warehouse that's based at Technicolor Distribution Center
Parcel will list shipped by Technicolor on behalf of Hut Group

As this box set is bigger than your usual slipbox/slipcover limited editions it might vary the size of the packaging box used on some customers orders

My usual an post postman is careful with my parcels when doing deliveries

I ordered 2 full slip editions from them and they were shipped loose in a box. Both copies arrived dented.
Admittedly it's been a while since I ordered from them... sounds like they've downgraded their packaging for whatever reason (or maybe I just used to get lucky)

EDIT - Wonder if it has anything to do with Zavvi buying them out?? Obviously they're known for the world's most useless packaging.

Admittedly it's been a while since I ordered from them... sounds like they've downgraded their packaging for whatever reason (or maybe I just used to get lucky)

EDIT - Wonder if it has anything to do with Zavvi buying them out?? Obviously they're known for the world's most useless packaging.
It's same as before THG purchased arrow films (It was not Zavvi it was THG who purchased Arrow Films ;))
Zavvi is a totally separate run business to Arrow Films UK and Arrow Video USA (The connection is Zavvi is also owned by THG as is over 50 other companies/business THG purchased)
(THG ingenuity) operate and look after the online websites for a good few companies part of the hut group aka THG (Websites look very similar or exact same in some cases as is the websites customer support) and also for some other brands including Gillette UK if you was not aware and also for some other digital e commerce online websites example Homebase/Nestle UK and other websites you likely not aware about

Arrow Films UK Website Orders are shipped direct from arrow warehouse that is based at Technicolor Distribution Center the exact same warehouse as before THG purchased arrow films
Arrow Films UK Store parcels have shipped by Technicolor on behalf of hut group

Arrow Films labels/distribution business is a separate run operation to the Arrow Films UK and Arrow Video USA store Websites (This why James Flower from Arrow Films said he no longer has anything to do with the website stores how they operate)
The arrow films UK Shop send orders details to the arrow warehouse to pick orders and ship to customers

The customer support that looks after the online websites and social media platforms is why you get same copy and paste replies from the various websites run by THG ingenuity ;)

In regards to arrow films shop I only ever had 1 item arrived damaged that was A Trip to the Moon Limited Edition Box Set that I ordered in 2020 and they sent a replacement that arrived in mint condition
I have used Arrow Films Website shop for years and ordered over 100 items all those apart from the above arrived in perfect condition

All my most recent orders since 2021 to date they used strong cardboard packaging similar to what HMV use
It's Technicolor who ship arrow store website orders direct from the arrow warehouse that's based at Technicolor Distribution Center
Parcel will list shipped by Technicolor on behalf of Hut Group

As this box set is bigger than your usual slipbox/slipcover limited editions it might vary the size of the packaging box used on some customers orders

My usual an post postman is careful with my parcels when doing deliveries
Then Technicolor should order themselves a package with a box set from Powerhouse Films and see how it's done. They wrap it in bubble wrap and then place it in the middle of a large cardboard box and fill ALL the empty space with air pillows. They also wrap standard cases in bubble wrap.

I give Technicolor a 1/5 (one for the single air pillow that popped in transit) for this one, and Powerhouse Films 5/5 on packaging on everything I have ever ordered.