Bruce Lee at Golden Harvest (4K + Blu-ray Limited Edition Box Set) (Arrow Video) (Arrow Store Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: July 17, 2023
Purchase link: Arrow Films
Price: £120.00

343653737_563582208978727_4596364948426555064_n.jpg

Last edited:
I've learned to pick up more than one copy and then send one back or pair up delivery with a mate.

When you order more than one copy, everything comes in a bigger box with more protection like air package bags and bubble wrap.

Ball ache for most but it does work. ☺️

• Informative
Reactions: Noodles
I've learned to pick up more than one copy and then send one back or pair up delivery with a mate.

When you order more than one copy, everything comes in a bigger box with more protection like air package bags and bubble wrap.

Ball ache for most but it does work. ☺️
Good to know, but we really shouldn't have to resort to that... they should pack them properly in the first place! Not only that, but I'm struggling to even afford one copy, let alone two lol.

I received mine yesterday from Amazon UK, with expedited shipping for France ... and good surprise, the packaging fit very well for this boxset, solid packaging the box could not move inside.

So when I'm reading all your messages, it's about chance, could not even tell which are the criteria for a good packaging ... I guess I've been very lucky with this one.

As I said, bought it on Amazon UK, and as I'm outside UK .... it's more convenient to deal with Amazon customer service than Arrow Store. I can tell for sure with experience.

I received mine yesterday from Amazon UK, with expedited shipping for France ... and good surprise, the packaging fit very well for this boxset, solid packaging the box could not move inside.

So when I'm reading all your messages, it's about chance, could not even tell which are the criteria for a good packaging ... I guess I've been very lucky with this one.

As I said, bought it on Amazon UK, and as I'm outside UK .... it's more convenient to deal with Amazon customer service than Arrow Store. I can tell for sure with experience.
it's an Arrow exclusive, you mean you ordered the other variant (see image)
343922631_896458218117054_4685163788943961970_n.jpg

With amazon I never have any issues, but Arrow and Zavvi on the otherhand just flat out suck when it comes to packaging

Last edited:
Going to return and take the loss on shipping. I'm done accepting BS when buying -and more important, paying premium prices to join a Russian roulette game called "premium" movie collecting. Will buy the seperate steels and call it quit on The HUT (in Dutch; KUT) Group....

Reactions: Billy Talent

@vinny
This thread is for the Arrow Store Exclusive Edition

Amazon UK is selling trade wide editions not the arrow store exclusive edition
Trade Wide Edition has different artwork on the box set and digipacks to Arrow Store Exclusive Edition

Trade wide Editions threads links below

Blu-ray

My copy arrived damaged too, and their 'customer service' leaves much to be desired. Why on earth they don't pack this better I don't know.

Flimsy outer box and insufficient packing inside. Excuse the rant, but I am not impressed.

Attachments

• IMG20230720114927.jpg
    IMG20230720114927.jpg
    316.1 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG20230720114932.jpg
    IMG20230720114932.jpg
    376.2 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG20230720115357.jpg
    IMG20230720115357.jpg
    234 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG20230720115340.jpg
    IMG20230720115340.jpg
    258.2 KB · Views: 54
My copy arrived damaged too, and their 'customer service' leaves much to be desired. Why on earth they don't pack this better I don't know.

Flimsy outer box and insufficient packing inside. Excuse the rant, but I am not impressed.
This is f*cking ridiculous! seen so many damaged sets now I am terrified mne will arrive damaged as well!
They just put the set in a box thats it....slap a label on and ship it, what a bunch of idiots!
@Rockafella have you contacted Arrow or posted the images on their social media,so that those clowns take action after so many people received damaged sets?

Reactions: Rockafella
Hello everyone! :) This is my first post here, but I can't hold back because this shipping issue is really frustrating me.
I've been looking forward to this release for months, and I think the design is truly beautiful.

When the delivery person finally handed me the package, I just thought WTF? A small unpadded box for a heavy 2 kilogram, very expensive special edition box! Inside the box, there were only two flattened air cushions. Most of the corners of the box were dented. I can even understand it a bit more if for example Amazon poorly packages something (of course, it's still terrible), but how can a video label company not invest even 50 cents in packaging for their own releases? Especially at such a price! I find it really sad, and incidents like these greatly diminish my enthusiasm for collecting. The Arrow support team won't even reimburse me for return shipping in this case, but generously offers me a 10% discount. Hahaha. They don't seem to understand that the box is now worthless. I will probably have to pay 20 euros for return shipping from Germany (at least it will be credited for future orders - I'll use it to order my last - Amaray ;-) - from Arrow Video and then never again). Very disappointing!

Attachments

• bruce2.jpg
    bruce2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 52
  • bruce3.jpg
    bruce3.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 47
  • bruce4.jpg
    bruce4.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 48
  • bruce5.jpg
    bruce5.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 54
  • bruce1.jpg
    bruce1.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 54
Hello everyone! :) This is my first post here, but I can't hold back because this shipping issue is really frustrating me.
I've been looking forward to this release for months, and I think the design is truly beautiful.

When the delivery person finally handed me the package, I just thought WTF? A small unpadded box for a heavy 2 kilogram, very expensive special edition box! Inside the box, there were only two flattened air cushions. Most of the corners of the box were dented. I can even understand it a bit more if for example Amazon poorly packages something (of course, it's still terrible), but how can a video label company not invest even 50 cents in packaging for their own releases? Especially at such a price! I find it really sad, and incidents like these greatly diminish my enthusiasm for collecting. The Arrow support team won't even reimburse me for return shipping in this case, but generously offers me a 10% discount. Hahaha. They don't seem to understand that the box is now worthless. I will probably have to pay 20 euros for return shipping from Germany (at least it will be credited for future orders - I'll use it to order my last - Amaray ;-) - from Arrow Video and then never again). Very disappointing!
Welcome to HDN! Great to have you here with us :)

Your frustration with Arrow's packaging is definitely shared with many fellow collectors. Hopefully everyone voicing their concerns encourages them to make changes soon!

Wasn't that message from a US retailer though?
Correct, still Arrow are tools seems like they shipped it the same way in bulk to a US retailer with no padding to prevent damages.
You'd expect Arrow to adress this issue asap, but all they have done is offer a laughable 10% discount

Correct, still Arrow are tools seems like they shipped it the same way in bulk to a US retailer with no padding to prevent damages.
You'd expect Arrow to adress this issue asap, but all they have done is offer a laughable 10% discount
Typical THG packaging and response. The sooner they go under, the better.

This is f*cking ridiculous! seen so many damaged sets now I am terrified mne will arrive damaged as well!
They just put the set in a box thats it....slap a label on and ship it, what a bunch of idiots!
@Rockafella have you contacted Arrow or posted the images on their social media,so that those clowns take action after so many people received damaged sets?
I sent them a message of complaint, they offered me 10% off,, not as a refund but to use their store! Cheeky bar stewards.

I'm really not happy. I did have Carlito's Way on pre-order which I have cancelled. I really don't trust them for anything in the future.

• Wow
I sent them a message of complaint, they offered me 10% off,, not as a refund but to use their store! Cheeky bar stewards.

I'm really not happy. I did have Carlito's Way on pre-order which I have cancelled.
Same here had a an order for the psychos box set, carlito, ringu etc, cancelled it until they adress this issue and promise they will package any future orders better, not risking it.

Arrow store exclusive is sold out now. Wonder if they’ve pulled it due to the amount of damages?