Bruce Lee at Golden Harvest (4K + Blu-ray Limited Edition Box Set) (Arrow Video) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: July 17, 2023
Purchase links: Arrow Films - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £120.00 (Arrow Films) - £119.99 (Amazon - Zavvi - HMV)

343922631_896458218117054_4685163788943961970_n.jpg

Last edited:
I won't bet on that.
I remember watching all the Lee films when the Criterion set came out and to be honest apart from Enter The Dragon I found the rest lacking. The action scenes like the fight with Chuck Norris were great but the main bulk of the films I found a chore to sit through. Only Enter The Dragon engaged me at all levels from the acting to the script.

I remember watching all the Lee films when the Criterion set came out and to be honest apart from Enter The Dragon I found the rest lacking. The action scenes like the fight with Chuck Norris were great but the main bulk of the films I found a chore to sit through. Only Enter The Dragon engaged me at all levels from the acting to the script.
i like the chinese style of the other movies, all their flaws makes them very enjoyable. Enter the dragon is too american and uninspired for me.

Bruce Lee is super charismatic but the overall "acting" in Enter the Dragon is embarrassing and amateurish

Reactions: Jocelin
Awesome news that we are getting new 4K releases of the movies. I‘m also interested to see how the Box Set is going to look.
I currently own the Novamedia Bruce Lee set and I love it, not sure anything can top that for me.

96AC0601-F131-432D-BE70-B02BA9F56578.jpeg

But I‘ll keep my eyes on this.

i like the chinese style of the other movies, all their flaws makes them very enjoyable. Enter the dragon is too american and uninspired for me.
It's the one I like the most. I can watch Enter the Dragon time and time again. It's easily for me the best martial arts movie ever made. It just works for me on so many levels.

wooden acting do hit back...
Honestly you can say the same about all of his movies. They all also have the same kind of weird pacing and editing that so many 70s movies suffer from. I'm not actually sure I can call any of Bruce Lees movies good movies. But I do enjoy them a lot. Let's face it. Most martial arts movies are not actually that good, not as actual movies. Hell the acting and editing (except the fight scenes) in something much more modern like the raid is pretty bad too, Ong Bak, Warrior King too. They are all hilariously bad. But that isn't why I watch them personally.

Honestly you can say the same about all of his movies. They all also have the same kind of weird pacing and editing that so many 70s movies suffer from. I'm not actually sure I can call any of Bruce Lees movies good movies. But I do enjoy them a lot. Let's face it. Most martial arts movies are not actually that good, not as actual movies. Hell the acting and editing (except the fight scenes) in something much more modern like the raid is pretty bad too, Ong Bak, Warrior King too. They are all hilariously bad. But that isn't why I watch them personally.
i like them all too.
This is why i say that enter the dragon is not be placed above the others cause nothing in it is that better than the other movles he made.

i like them all too.
This is why i say that enter the dragon is not be placed above the others cause nothing in it is that better than the other movles he made.
Of the 4 he made (I don't count Game of Death) they are all pretty much ad good as the others I agree. I think Enter the Dragon is more popular due to being his first (and only) Hollywood movie. So I guess it got a lot more attention because of that.

Reactions: Jocelin
Awesome news that we are getting new 4K releases of the movies. I‘m also interested to see how the Box Set is going to look.
I currently own the Novamedia Bruce Lee set and I love it, not sure anything can top that for me.

View attachment 551674

But I‘ll keep my eyes on this.

I got the same boxset which is very nice, and also 4 bruce lee movies ... each one in a fullslip with 4K remastered :

148652150338369.jpg
1478328107625843.jpg
1486521159197199.jpg
557_shop2_972425.jpg

Packaging might be similar to the Arrow Video Shawscope Box Sets

Note:
That's just a guess at the moment going by Terrence J. Brady (Martial Arts Author who worked on the Shawscope Box Sets)
It was him who mentioned in November 2022 that Arrow was doing a Bruce Lee 4K Box set to be released in Summer 2023