Buff out scratches on a lenticular slip?

Apr 10, 2014
This is a long shot, but does anyone know how to buff out scratches on the lenticular slip of a steelbook? A few of my lenticular pieces are pretty scuffed up and scratched, and I'd love to find out how to get rid of the scratches.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    27.2 KB · Views: 584
I've found that white spirit clears away some surface marks quite well. Don't over rub however or you'll scratch the surface even more.
I might try this,have a scratch on my planet earth steel.
Just wondered are all lenti slips the same size, plain archive,fa, blufans, etc? Wanna get sum protective slipcovers off steelbook central but no point if its not a universal size?
Thanks in advance if anyone knows

Rubbing alcohol + Microfibre cloth = to get rid of glue/residue and any surface marks on the lenticular magnet.

For the steelbooks first I use Autoglym Super Resin Polish with a microfibre cloth. A lot of elbow grease is applied. Followed by Autoglym HD WAX ... costs £35 a tub but then, I use it on my car so you may want to skip this part. Just a tiny speck and you will get a nice wet look, mirror shine.

Thanks @Blu-devil. :)

Haha, @jonnie123, oops. :giggle:

@InAFalsetto, I've tried rubbing alcohol, but it's only gotten rid of glue/residue and not actual scuffs or scratches. I might try again with a little more elbow grease using the cloth.

If they are proper scuffs and scratches then the actual lens is damaged. Nothing will get rid of those.

But surface marks, yes.

I might try this,have a scratch on my planet earth steel.
Just wondered are all lenti slips the same size, plain archive,fa, blufans, etc? Wanna get sum protective slipcovers off steelbook central but no point if its not a universal size?
Thanks in advance if anyone knows
Steelbook Central has a size for just about every steelbook. I figured out early on that you have to protect your lentis immediately. I had some steelbooks stacked temporarily once- and the numbering card on the back of one imprinted onto the lenti below! :ohno:. So, I get mine in a steelbook Central steelshell as soon as I get them.

Reactions: Steelbookzombie
Steelbook Central has a size for just about every steelbook. I figured out early on that you have to protect your lentis immediately. I had some steelbooks stacked temporarily once- and the numbering card on the back of one imprinted onto the lenti below! :ohno:. So, I get mine in a steelbook Central steelshell as soon as I get them.
So if I get the slipcovers designed for lenti's will this fit all lenticular editions? Thanks

Reactions: C.C. 95
So if I get the slipcovers designed for lenti's will this fit all lenticular editions? Thanks
@DudleyMan
If you can mention which lenticular editions you want to put in a steelbook Central case, there are a bunch of us here that can approximate or give you you an exact answer as to which Steelbook Central Case to use.
Here is the thread for steelbook cases and sleeves:
https://www.hidefninja.com/communit...ses-for-steelbooks™.5766/page-76#post-1569287
(I believe @KingSteelie is an owner or is employed with them.)

@DudleyMan
If you can mention which lenticular editions you want to put in a steelbook Central case, there are a bunch of us here that can approximate or give you you an exact answer as to which Steelbook Central Case to use.
Here is the thread for steelbook cases and sleeves:
https://www.hidefninja.com/communit...ses-for-steelbooks™.5766/page-76#post-1569287
(I believe @KingSteelie is an owner or is employed with them.)
So far it's only planet earth I have (more of a ¼slip person) but have been tempted by a few more, blufans, hdzeta? Cheers