Purchase link: Amazon DE
Price: €14.99

Screen Shot 2017-10-05 at 1.20.39 PM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: smileyx9
About time this got the steel treatment! Now I await poor artwork. :ohno:

QUICK NOODLES!!!! Design something!!
That said, I don't think I've seen an official movie poster for Bullitt that I've actually liked.

There's a Polish (I think) artist by the name of Krzysztof Nowak who did an awesome poster, but there's no way this is going to be the steelbook. Shame.
big_5135.jpg

That said, I don't think I've seen an official movie poster for Bullitt that I've actually liked.

There's a Polish (I think) artist by the name of Krzysztof Nowak who did an awesome poster, but there's no way this is going to be the steelbook. Shame.
View attachment 329129
I'm sure I tried a while back but came to the same conclusion in regards to official posters.

I remember Geek Tragedy once came up with a few custom concepts though...

s2d8.jpg z3ir.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: Snollygoster
Isn't Pop Art related to Sony Pictures?
I might be wrong but I think there are no WB Pop Art steelbooks.

I think depends on what you call Pop Art.

- Is it just the Project Pop Art range?
- Does it include the Iconic Art range?
- Does it include the Gallery 1988 range?
- Does it include art that's not taken from an original poster or, rather, from a photographic as opposed to an artistic poster?
- Does it include any art that's not a still from the film with added cast positioned strategically to not obscure the "artwork"?
- Does it include comic-book art when the film is live action?
. . . and so on . . .

WB . . . Pop Art ?:-
WONDER WOMAN (The Americas)
BATMAN BEGINS (Canada)
THE WIZARD OF OZ (Canada)
THE DEPARTED (The Americas)
V FOR VENDETTA (The Americas)
WATCHMEN (The Americas)
Stanley Kubrick Collection (France etc.)
etc.

According to 'The Art Story: Modern Art Insights' Pop Art ran from circa 1955 to 1975:-
"The actual term "Pop art" has several possible origins: the first use of the term in writing has been attributed to both Lawrence Alloway and Alison and Peter Smithson, and alternately to Richard Hamilton, who defined Pop in a letter, while the first artwork to incorporate the word "Pop" was produced by Paolozzi. His collage I Was a Rich Man's Plaything (1947) contained cut-up images of a pinup girl, Coca-Cola logo, cherry pie, World War II fighter plane, and a man's hand holding a pistol, out of which burst the world "POP!" in a puffy white cloud."

As for Pop(ular) Art in relation to steelbooks . . . judging by the feedback on this forum I'd say it's anything but (lol).

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: javiermendoza
Pop Art blows like a hurricane force wind! It has ruined many a possible purchase op for me. That said, there have been a couple that have come thru that I did not find offensive to my particular steelbook desires, but again the majority are poop with a spine.

Love Steve McQueen, and beg for this to have a worthy design. One of those movies my brother and I never missed when it was on television.

I think depends on what you call Pop Art.

- Is it just the Project Pop Art range?
- Does it include the Iconic Art range?
- Does it include the Gallery 1988 range?
- Does it include art that's not taken from an original poster or, rather, from a photographic as opposed to an artistic poster?
- Does it include any art that's not a still from the film with added cast positioned strategically to not obscure the "artwork"?
- Does it include comic-book art when the film is live action?
. . . and so on . . .

WB . . . Pop Art ?:-
WONDER WOMAN (The Americas)
BATMAN BEGINS (Canada)
THE WIZARD OF OZ (Canada)
THE DEPARTED (The Americas)
V FOR VENDETTA (The Americas)
WATCHMEN (The Americas)
Stanley Kubrick Collection (France etc.)
etc.

According to 'The Art Story: Modern Art Insights' Pop Art ran from circa 1955 to 1975:-
"The actual term "Pop art" has several possible origins: the first use of the term in writing has been attributed to both Lawrence Alloway and Alison and Peter Smithson, and alternately to Richard Hamilton, who defined Pop in a letter, while the first artwork to incorporate the word "Pop" was produced by Paolozzi. His collage I Was a Rich Man's Plaything (1947) contained cut-up images of a pinup girl, Coca-Cola logo, cherry pie, World War II fighter plane, and a man's hand holding a pistol, out of which burst the world "POP!" in a puffy white cloud."

As for Pop(ular) Art in relation to steelbooks . . . judging by the feedback on this forum I'd say it's anything but (lol).

I see what you meant. I actually meant Project Pop Art (Superbad, Stripes, The Fifth Element, Taxi Driver, etc.). Some of the PPA aren't that bad actually.
I think most of the people here wish they weren't PPA and they probably want them to have a "normal" artwork, most likely an original poster art. At least that's what I would want.

• Thanks
Reactions: virkia
They could maybe try a wraparound design using this original poster art (instead of just on the front cover, like in the previous mockup):

bullitt-belgian-poster.jpg

Or, Matt Taylor's infographic design could be cool for the back cover:

tumblr_o9hp22tzkP1uwe8gdo3_r1_500.jpg

We all know the actual design is going to be disappointing, but it's fun to pretend that we're steelbook designers. :)

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
View attachment 329129

I'm sure I tried a while back but came to the same conclusion in regards to official posters.

I remember Geek Tragedy once came up with a few custom concepts though...

View attachment 329134 View attachment 329135

Chris Malbon did a nice poster though. https://www.cmalbon.com/bullitt/

They could maybe try a wraparound design using this original poster art (instead of just on the front cover, like in the previous mockup):

bullitt-belgian-poster.jpg

Or, Matt Taylor's infographic design could be cool for the back cover:

tumblr_o9hp22tzkP1uwe8gdo3_r1_500.jpg

We all know the actual design is going to be disappointing, but it's fun to pretend that we're steelbook designers. :)

you knows it. it's McQueen, so i imagine we'll have him leaning on his left arm. again. although i don't actually mind the French poster. it's got cars in it and everything! ;)
bullitt_frenchmovieposter.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
The biggest problem I have with that poster is that it doesn't actually show the Mustang. :dunno:
indeed. just been having a google images trawl. there really aren't that many even half-decent ones. for example, this one has the Mustang, along with Bullitt... and his 4 brothers:
bullitt.jpg
i seriously love this film. this is one time i hope they'll try something different from the original poster! :LOL:

Just for kicks I did a wraparound mock-up of that landscape-painting poster to see what would happen. Of course the text at the bottom would have to be removed (I couldn't find a version without text online), and it's weird to have Jacqueline's face over the spine. But check out that back cover. :) I like how this makes it look like an old pulp paperback.
Bu.jpg