Cabin In The Woods (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: October 15, 2018
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-orders will be live around 6pm UK time on Saturday July 7th, 2018)
Price: £24.99

11800627-7444589824653114.jpg

11800627-1544594229992257.jpg11800627-5344594229824689.jpg

Last edited:
like the 'figure' mural bit but not keen on the colur

much prefer the HMV steelbook I have.

Though nice to see re-released with extra format - THIS is how re-release steelboks should be. Have an extra disc of extras or newer format rather than just a pure cash grab :)

• Thanks
Reactions: Sigill
Jesus they are scraping the barrel these days with designs. The previous HMV art was decent enough but I'm glad I'm out of collecting Zavvi's now. There's no point for me anymore and this makes it all that much easier.
When I get round to selling my entire zavvi steel collection at a very low price it will also include this movie (HMV's) as I just cannot be bothered with them anymore.

UK steelbooks are quite bad in comparison to overseas and the amount of people who buy them and sell on quite quickly is becoming more and more. My only exception are the Marvel/DCs from Zavvi and HMV but the rest I've just had to put a stop to it. Waste of money when it can be going on beauties like the upcoming Black Panther Blufans.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Mr.Vorhees
Yup. That looks quite scary. Maybe that is what they were going for. Scary movie, scary steelbook. Either way i am quite happy with the previous one.

I have the original UK release which is just fine. This is one for the so-called ‘new collectors’ as they say.

Artwork based on this poster of the time courtesy Luke Butland aka Lost Mind.
upload_2018-6-30_0-32-32.png
upload_2018-6-30_0-46-23.png

Not really a fan of this one so much as the previous HMV which ended up at Zavvi (sold out by January, 2013 at HMV … remaining stock appearing May, 2014 at Zavvi and sold out in one day).
Average price for the time:-
upload_2018-6-29_20-26-20.png

Speaking about that release - remembering some problems w/ the original discs supplied and replacement discs sent out in those little disc envelopes … not saying it could happen here but just to be sure maybe worth checking the 2D disc that it arrives with the code LGB94935B.

Regarding the burnt orange colouring: seems to be a recent mini fad on both sides of the pond for horror films' steelbooks.

Last edited:
Reactions: robbodoc