• YES!

Votes: 15 78.9%
  • NO!

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Maybe

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters
Jan 29, 2009
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 will be the sixth game in the main series and is under development by Infinity Ward. The official title for the game was announced by Activision Blizzard on December 3, 2008, and a tentative release date set for Autumn 2009. No other information about the game has been revealed. Activision Blizzard later recanted their announcement, saying any information about the upcoming Call of Duty game was "speculative," and Infinity Ward also asserted that they have not officially announced their latest project.

call_of_duty_4_pc_06.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Infinity Ward Looking At "A Lot Of Solutions" To Tackle Modern Warfare 2 Hacks

Infinity Ward's Rob Bowling has been addressing the complaints of Modern Warfare 2 gamers on PlayStation 3, after the game has fallen victim to a new wave of PS3 hackers ruining the game for non-cheating players on the PlayStation Network.

With Activision reportedly looking at desperate measures - like potentially closing its Call of Duty servers on PS3 - and Bowling asserting that the company can't completely eradicate the problems found in Call of Duty until Sony take steps to address the recent security breach, the creative strategist states that Infinity Ward is still working hard on possible interim solutions.

"I just left a security meeting with the coders here at Infinity Ward where we discussed a lot of solutions," writes Bowling. "I feel good about the meeting, but of course I can't go into detail on the possible solutions we discussed as we don't want to give out any information that could potentially hinder the security any further."

Bowling then went on to add that Infinity Ward's "main focus right now" is firmly on "preventing hackers from affecting legitimate players" as well as "addressing users who have already been affected".

"The key factor I want you to know is, that while any update takes time, we are looking to make the process as quick as possible and nothing is being left unattended," he confirmed.

If you encounter any such "inappropriate players" exploiting hacks and ruining the experience while playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 online on your PS3, you can report them via this Sony PSN complaints link.

PS3 Modern Warfare 2 getting anti-hack patch tomorrow

Infinity Ward’s confirmed it’ll deploy a patch for the PlayStation 3 version of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 on March 8.

The patch is specifically designed to the target numerous security issues that have been plaguing the celebrated shooter in recent months.

"In addition to the security updates, this patch will also address a small geo exploit on the map Fuel, which players exploited in order to get inside a rock on the outskirts of the map," said the firm.