[CANCELLED] X-Men: First Class (Blu-ray Viva Metal Box)(Future Shop) [Canada]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blu-devil

Steelbook Surgeon General
Premium Supporter
Update 9/6/2011-per WhiteKnight at FS-this has been cancelled by the Studio.

Per update posted first at hidefninja.com on 7/28 this is not a Steelbook or Ironpack.

Futureshop has X-Men First Class as an exclusive metal packaging.
Hopefully it will also be embossed.
It does look gorgeous though.
Thanks to Fan Of Gaming for the heads up.

M2191956.jpg

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...spx?path=e43f561e8d7e681c46395989fb5d4d2cen02

Last edited by a moderator:
"Fan Of Gaming" (Futureshop employee) on an other forum just told that this one (the canadian version) could finally be a steelbook :oohyeah: >>>

so I looked up this product in the system today and it is listed as:

'X-Men First Class BD Combo Stl Bk Fs Exc'

Stl Bk is clearly short form for steelbook and has very often been used before to distinguish steelbook SKUs in the inventory system

Dont get your hopes up, I was told from the HORSE'S MOUTH it is 100% not steelbook. It's a new metal box, I know all about it, but cant discuss.

IronPack can no longer be sold in NA and I believe Europe too, this new package will suffer the same fate, they are infringing on the copyrights held by G&M tho this other company has been around a lot longer (than BDMO/IronPack) so it will be an interesting battle. But when you dont have the copyrights, trademarks etc. then it's hard to win no matter who you are.

Support real steel!

IronPack can no longer be sold in NA and I believe Europe too, this new package will suffer the same fate, they are infringing on the copyrights held by G&M tho this other company has been around a lot longer (than BDMO/IronPack) so it will be an interesting battle. But when you dont have the copyrights, trademarks etc. then it's hard to win no matter who you are.

Support real steel!

Why not just stick with a steelbook then??

As in the movie studios/retailers ? Its cheaper for them to get these other products as they are cutting costs by being the new boys in town. So studios/retailers are just looking at bottom line. I would presume that they hopefully learn there lesson after this next batch ... since IP got shut down and now these more than likely ... The Disney ones are more than likely the same package as well.

I am considering it. Kind of wanting to see what this Future Shop metal box thing looks like. :ohno:

I think it depends on if you want a steelbook or not. I know some folks only collect steelbooks and they go for that edition no matter the country.

In my opinion, there's nothing like a steelbook, but this might be a good product too. I think the only thing that is a bit concerning is what happened with the ironpacks. When the first ironpack editions came out, they had some build issues - missing paint on the spine and other general defects like that.

I'm not saying that it will happen, but just something to think about.

That's the biggest risk you run when you for another product - especially when it's very new or the first of it's kind like this one - how good is the quality control? :ohno:

I'm very curious to see what this new metal packaging is going to look like. Maybe it's something the world has never seen before ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.