Captain America: The First Avenger (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (KimchiDVD Exclusive #55) [Korea]

Which edition are you getting?

• Lenticular

Votes: 54 35.3%
  • Full Slip A1

Votes: 58 37.9%
  • Full Slip A2

Votes: 31 20.3%
  • One Click

Votes: 36 23.5%

• Total voters
Jun 4, 2017
Release date: August 31, 2017
Purchase links: : One Click - Lenticular - Full Slip A1 - Full Slip A2 - (Pre-order August 17 at 2 PM Korea time) - All editions showing as OOS
Price: $46.99
Notes: Spot gloss with debossed title - Limited to 4000 numbered copies (Full Slip A1 1300 - Full Slip A2 1200 - Lenticular 1500)
Group Buys: hosted by cooey One Click - Lenticular - Full Slip A1 - Full Slip A2

20638932_2140421422851730_8492093618141931251_n.jpg 20638168_2140421506185055_534237518305182234_n.jpg 20638843_2140421539518385_4832710646608199514_n.jpg
20732979_1604775996260503_1444291850_n.gif
IMG_1563.JPG
IMG_1564.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Not for me. The Zavvi Lenticular is still the best for me in terms of artwork as it covers the main characters. The next in line is the original release.

This Steelbook looks wow at the first glance but it looks repetitive to me (overdose of Cap)

tbh I do take that statement back having thought about it, simply because I forgot how good the original WWA release was

This is the second best though, although then again the Blufans one is really good as well.... :p

tbh I do take that statement back having thought about it, simply because I forgot how good the original WWA release was

This is the second best though, although then again the Blufans one is really good as well.... :p

In terms of Steelbook artwork:

1. Zavvi Lenticular - great artwork all round.
2. Original release - Pretty much flawless
3. Blufans
4. This one simply because there are no other characters except Cap pasted all around.
5. Zavvi non-Lenticular release.

The Blufans is nice but imo the steel isn't as good as the WWA steel. Now that one is gorgeous and glossy. Blufans' pales next to that and honestly, judging from Kimchi's TWS steel the Blufans one is gonna pale next to this here too.

And this is just the steel. The slips will knock it out of the park, I'm sure.

• Thanks
Reactions: matthewtheunicorn
In terms of Steelbook artwork:

1. Zavvi Lenticular - great artwork all round.
2. Original release - Pretty much flawless
3. Blufans
4. This one simply because there are no other characters except Cap pasted all around.
5. Zavvi non-Lenticular release.
You mean this one for no 1
images

Yep. Just unseal and see the full artwork to appreciate it
Yeah I remember ordering it with a ZBOX, I'm one of those people who keep the steelbooks sealed.
Been hunting the HMV edition but not pulled the trigger on buying it yet. (Along with the HMV Thor edition)
Like you said the Zavvi editions are always a good investment.

Cheers mate but clearly I'm in the minority but this looks garbage. Art is rubbish and nothing on the original HMV steel or the zavvi lenti art used.

The back art and Inside art are terrible IMO. Kimchi can do better than that

And We just don't need another cap steel. I love marvel but please stop with the constant marvel released from premium retailers unless it's wea for the new films like blufans

I bet they will use this artwork for their fulsllip
captain+america+blu+ray+steelbook+%25282%2529.JPG

If they use this it will be completely unoriginal and boring

You mean this one for no 1
images

This is by far the best art used but the finish lets it down. If it didn't have that pointless lenti and had a gloss finish then this would be the ultimate cap steel plus the image of red skull is amazing too

Last edited:
Looks nice, but the fact his legs are cropped on the back kind of ruins it IMO... they should've just zoomed in on the image to fill the gap along the bottom. I mean Cap Am is larger on the front anyway, so having him a similar size on the back would actually look/match better. The original HMV steelbook is still my favourite!

Looks nice, but the fact his legs are cropped on the back kind of ruins it IMO... they should've just zoomed in on the image to fill the gap along the bottom. I mean Cap Am is larger on the front anyway, so having him a similar size on the back would actually look/match better. The original HMV steelbook is still my favourite!

Lol I didn't even notice that before.

The back is sooooo bad and even worse now you pointed that out. They need to change that back art

Lol I didn't even notice that before.

The back is sooooo bad and even worse now you pointed that out. They need to change that back art
I started reading through the previous pages once I made my post and see a few already mentioned the cropped legs... honestly, I'm surprised Kimchi didn't pick up on it themselves and are happy to release it looking that like.

I started reading through the previous pages once I made my post and see a few already mentioned the cropped legs... honestly, I'm surprised Kimchi didn't pick up on it themselves and are happy to release it looking that like.

I read through most posts but didn't notice that. All I read was praise minus 2 or 3 posts

As I said, this artwork is like wow at the first glance but once you start diving down, it is not that great. If you have the Zavvi Lenticular you can easily sell that and buy 2 copies of this lol.

It's not even wow on first glance for me. I did have the zavvi version but it had a dent so i sent it back for a replacement and it sold out. So I don't have it anymore and not prepared to pay £60+ for it. Shame because the illustrated art is amazing and one of the best around but let down by matte

Seriously what is up with kimchi picking that inside art? It's like novas AOU inside art lol. Bad images

Kimchis winter soldier was amazing but this is a huge step backwards.