Captain America: The First Avenger (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (KimchiDVD Exclusive #55) [Korea]

Which edition are you getting?

• Lenticular

Votes: 54 35.3%
  • Full Slip A1

Votes: 58 37.9%
  • Full Slip A2

Votes: 31 20.3%
  • One Click

Votes: 36 23.5%

• Total voters
Jun 4, 2017
Release date: August 31, 2017
Purchase links: : One Click - Lenticular - Full Slip A1 - Full Slip A2 - (Pre-order August 17 at 2 PM Korea time) - All editions showing as OOS
Price: $46.99
Notes: Spot gloss with debossed title - Limited to 4000 numbered copies (Full Slip A1 1300 - Full Slip A2 1200 - Lenticular 1500)
Group Buys: hosted by cooey One Click - Lenticular - Full Slip A1 - Full Slip A2

20638932_2140421422851730_8492093618141931251_n.jpg 20638168_2140421506185055_534237518305182234_n.jpg 20638843_2140421539518385_4832710646608199514_n.jpg
20732979_1604775996260503_1444291850_n.gif
IMG_1563.JPG
IMG_1564.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Not harsh at all, the design is terrible and very bland

I swear if they do a slip with the shield then it will be one of the most boring packages I've seen on a premium. They really need to to push the boat out on the design and art chosen for the slips & lenti otherwise it will be a huge fail

I don't actually own a premium for cap 1 and would of been up for it but this is so disappointing compared to some of the previous steels. I didn't like the blufans one too much at the time of release (plus I didn't like the film much back then either but it's grown on me over time) but it's miles better than this

Their winter soldier features the villain on the back and to be consistent they should of had red skull on the back. Would of instantly made it more interesting. I fear for their civil war

I think it is harsh so we'll have to agree to disagree there. For me the front art is a great image, the framing and colour palette could have been better though. To cut his head off front and back is really poor.

They left it so long they've limited themselves to which art they can use without becoming just another rehash of previous steels. There are still some good posters left out there though.

Fortunately I'm more than happy with HMV and Blufans but this should be a reasonably priced alternative for those that don't want to pay the going rate for those.

I agree that Red Skull on the back would have made it infinitely more interesting and consistent. I'd also agree that the internal art is whack. To call the whole thing terrible though is just a stretch for me. It's just my opinion. I'm not interested in trying to convince others that my opinion is right (even though it is!)

Last edited:
Reactions: Flloydo
so down for this if there's a lenti to match Winter Solider....

I am lucky to have the HMV original with 3D disc too but it's in desperate need of a lenti slip :)

Forgive my photoshop skills, but I'm really puzzled why they wouldn't have framed the rear art more like this:
View attachment 324437
The two images of Rogers are better balanced in size and the heads are cropped around the same point for continuity.

And you have the added benefit of not amputating his legs below the knee. :hilarious:
Exactly what I had in mind. Perfect! :thumbs:

Reactions: misformatt
The more I look at the steel, the more I wish Kimchi didn't cut off his legs like this ... great guys, now I can't unsee and it annoys me too.

Still, love the rest and I'm glad Kimchi kept the RS off the steel if it means I get these two Cap artworks.

I think it is harsh so we'll have to agree to disagree there. For me the front art is a great image, the framing and colour palette could have been better though. To cut his head off front and back is really poor.

They left it so long they've limited themselves to which art they can use without becoming just another rehash of previous steels. There are still some good posters left out there though.

Fortunately I'm more than happy with HMV and Blufans but this should be a reasonably priced alternative for those that don't want to pay the going rate for those.

I agree that Red Skull on the back would have made it infinitely more interesting and consistent. I'd also agree that the internal art is whack. To call the whole thing terrible though is just a stretch for me. It's just my opinion. I'm not interested in trying to convince others that my opinion is right (even though it is!)

Just a few things (and I'm not trying to convince anything)

But a lot of what you said is how this can be improved and kinda goes along the lines of what I said therefore can't be a great release tbh

"They left it too long and limited themselves" so don't bother doing it if the only option is crappy art and a not so colourful pallete

And this won't be reasonably priced will it. Will still be near £50 for a phase 1 marvel film with bad back art. I will wait for full slip reveal and beauty shot until final judgement but a shield design will be very lazy if they use it

Also another point mentioned In the thread: I think kimchi announcing stuff and then going up for sale pretty quickly after is a bad way of doing it, okay retailers like plain archive and Zeta announcing stuff a year and half before is bad too but these premiums need to give people time to afford and work out what's coming out in the months ahead. not everyone is in the position to drop x amount In 3 weeks time like kimchi seem to be doing all of a sudden. Personally I like knowing a few months ahead like manta and blufans so I can work out what's coming out in future months and what's affordable. Just saying