Captain America: The First Avenger (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Strangerbyday

Premium Supporter
Jun 4, 2015
Ireland
Release date: April 22, 2019 (First print run) - January 27, 2020 (1000 second print run)
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £27.99

12045710-1314650177384393.jpg

12045710-4094650177223776.jpg
12045710-9744650177854463.jpg
12045710-9824650177710769.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I missed my chance at getting the Zavvi edition as it apparently sold out in one day. I would be interested in acquiring a copy of this 4K steelbook if the design is the same as Zavvi's artwork. Please let me know how to pay.
It will come back into stock before its release. They always do. Then they sell out again after that.

Reactions: BArtagnan
Interested to see how his turns out.

I haven’t ordered it myself as I have the original zavvi steel, got the 4K trilogy coming from Amazon for £35 so will just stick the 4K discs in the steels I already own.

Not the Steelbook but I received the trilogy amaray set yesterday, very nice box with the soft touch velvet texture of Film Arena's slips with spot gloss. I was planning on just swapping the discs into my Blufans steelbooks but the whole package is just too nice to separate :drool:

View attachment 423545

Mine’s not yet arrived but I was going to swap out the discs too to save shelf space..... now i’m unsure :dunno:

• Thanks
Reactions: tommyh84
It's a lovely steelbook with the smooth matte cream border and glossy pic, should make a good set. I was bit surprised at how low res the shield at the back was though

US and UK steels are the same.

I don't think these are that impressive however. They are nice but nothing special.
I haven't thought they looked anything special from day 1! Would love to see 3 nice full gloss slips like all the other marvel 4k releases! They would all make a lovely set!

Reactions: tommyh84
I actually think this is one of the better steels for the film.
Will always love the HMV wwa but this kinda beats that imo. The 3 will hopefully look good together with the same style and finish (no title on the front don’t bother me either)

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
Only thing that bothers me about this steelbook are the unnecessary black lines which really stand out - not in a good way - against the cream background :-
1555951741501.png

1555951677429.png

Apart from that, the design is first rate and I actually prefer it to the similar Zavvi steelbook image from October 2013.

Still waiting for my copy but in the meantime there's this from the bay:-
s-l1600 (1).jpg

J-card
s-l1600 (2).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Only thing that bothers me about this steelbook are the unnecessary black lines which really stand out - not in a good way - against the cream background :-
View attachment 423671
View attachment 423670
Apart from that, the design is first rate and I actually prefer it to the similar Zavvi steelbook image from October 2013.

Still waiting for my copy but in the meantime there's this from the bay:-
View attachment 423666

O-ring:-

Or the Light faded mind cutting in from the left to captains face on the front of the steelbook. I’m guessing they were going for a folded poster kind of look... but really it just looks like a slash

I haven't thought they looked anything special from day 1! Would love to see 3 nice full gloss slips like all the other marvel 4k releases! They would all make a lovely set!

Yea, as a set all of them together will no doubt look awesome but full gloss would be welcoming. I know they are 4K but we've had much better Cap steels previously.

Reactions: ChrisPatt