Captain America: The First Avenger (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Strangerbyday

Premium Supporter
Jun 4, 2015
Ireland
Release date: April 22, 2019 (First print run) - January 27, 2020 (1000 second print run)
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £27.99

12045710-1314650177384393.jpg

12045710-4094650177223776.jpg
12045710-9744650177854463.jpg
12045710-9824650177710769.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m a huge of zavvi Captain America 1-3 as they kept the old feeling to it same with their Iron man 1-3 4K and Thor 1-2 I bought all of them

I’m glad I grab them just waiting on my Thor 1-2 they will arrive next month

Reactions: St4rlord
according to the zavvi email I got, these where only available to RC members - "EXCLUSIVELY AVAILABLE TO RED CARPET MEMBERS!", so in theory, along with the 'Last Chance' wording, these will never ever be available again....:naughty:

I suspect there are going to be a lot of unhappy people when they see that this went back up again later......
In situations such as this they will keep on being unhappy if they don't bother signing up for Red carpet. With how popular these were first time, and now sold out again, you gotta be 'in it to win it'. It's just business and if people really are unhappy then walk away from Zavvi altogether, but they don't wanna do that either, and they don't wanna write lots of letters of complaint, and they don't wanna send lots of emails complaining because they know it won't make a difference. So being unhappy is their only option and it's only themselves it's affecting.
It's either walk away or give in to it and sign up. There is no in-between other than 'hoping for the best' in that the products stick around long enough for them to grab one without signing up, which is what i'm sure a lot of people are doing. However, that's their entitlement too and best of luck to them if they can still grab stuff along the way.

• Thanks
Reactions: Raz316 and Stygian
Red Carpet is a no brainer. If you live in the UK and you buy 3 steelbooks or more in a year then the membership will pay for itself with the free delivery and the 10% discounts. Any membership that would give me 10% discounts and free delivery for $17.99 Canadian a year I would sign up for twice.

Many people DON'T live in the UK though, and as such those who do obviously have a distinct advantage.

Anyway, wouldn't surprise me if Zavvi purposefully hold back stock on every steelbook anymore specifically for RC members.

Just another notch to their bedpost of assholeness......

Available for red carpet members and preorder for 27th January 2020, seems like second print run is ongoing, be like a mad max chrome steelbook
There is a new print run of 1000 for each of the Captain America 4K steelbooks that is why it has a new release date

Reactions: Dr Acula
So rerelease dates are
First avenger (27/1/20)
Winter Soilder (10/2/20)
Civil War (24/2/20) for anyone who has missed out on there's or wants to wait and get them off zavvi rather then paying eBay prices.
This does leave me wondering if those dates will coincide with additional 4k releases. I.e. Doctor strange which we don't have a release date for yet.

So rerelease dates are
First avenger (27/1/20)
Winter Soilder (10/2/20)
Civil War (24/2/20) for anyone who has missed out on there's or wants to wait and get them off zavvi rather then paying eBay prices.
This does leave me wondering if those dates will coincide with additional 4k releases. I.e. Doctor strange which we don't have a release date for yet.
Dr strange seems to be up this week for preorder as I understand from other posts.

Live for all to pre order

Free shipping code ACFREE works

Note
Those based outside UK get you get discount of £1.99 instead of free shipping if the shipping cost is more than £1.99 for your country
So Winter Solider and Civil War are sold out? Did these all go live yeterday or just Captain America: TFA because that is the only one left in stock which I would find strange that Winter Solider would sell out before TFA

So Winter Solider and Civil War are sold out? Did these all go live yeterday or just Captain America: TFA because that is the only one left in stock which I would find strange that Winter Solider would sell out before TFA
Both went live early by mistake . . . correct re-release info as follows:-
WINTER SOLDIER: Pre-order - Sunday, December 1, 2019 @12 noon (1,000 units)
CIVIL WAR: Pre-order - Monday, December 2, 2019 @ 12 noon (1,000 units)

Dr strange seems to be up this week for preorder as I understand from other posts.
DR. STRANGE: Pre-order - Friday, November 29, 2019 @ 12 midnight (4,000 units)

• Thanks
Reactions: Sridhar