Captain America: The First Avenger (4K + Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release date: February 26, 2019
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $34.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

6316076_sa.jpg;maxHeight=1000;maxWidth=1000.jpeg

Thanks to @Leprekon for the heads up

Last edited by a moderator:
Thor: Ragnarok was the worst, I need to checked my system from time to time see if I forgot to turn it on, the LFE wasn’t there, dynamic wasn’t there... in terms of AQ it was pure bad home viewing experience, I needed to boost up vol by -7~8 from my usual viewing and it still wasn't ... good

If you pop in Blade Runner 2049 UHD right after you played Thor: Ragnarok you’d see the huge different right away...

ANy infos about the languages on the 4K disc? Are there really just ENG and can fre/lat spa (please, play the disc, I've already read the jcard specs in the video)? Isn't it the same disc as the EU editions with all main EU languages?
Thanks

Yeah, when I took it out of the "packaging", I noticed it looked bent a little, and I thought maybe it would be a little dented. As soon as the plastic came off, it literally fell apart. Good thing I did't buy it for the steelbook itself, only the digital and 4K disc. Was gonna try to sell off the steel and bluray to recoup a good amount of the cost, but I guess not anymore. I would've been better off getting the regular 4K version at this point.

Yeah, when I took it out of the "packaging", I noticed it looked bent a little, and I thought maybe it would be a little dented. As soon as the plastic came off, it literally fell apart. Good thing I did't buy it for the steelbook itself, only the digital and 4K disc. Was gonna try to sell off the steel and bluray to recoup a good amount of the cost, but I guess not anymore. I would've been better off getting the regular 4K version at this point.

The real kicker is that you can't exchange it if they don't have any in your local store.

There should be an exception for refunding, even if open, when it comes in like that. :(

Some employees will let you return something damaged like that if they don't have any stock.

Glad you've had the experience - mine has been complete the opposite (also doesn't help when I'm returning a bunch from GBs at the same time though, lol)

Reactions: tono06
How are ours getting on? lol

It's very rare that I have my copies arrive before release day. Even if they reach my local UPS Hub early, they stick there until Tuesday.

So if I get through inspecting them all Tuesday night, I should know by Wednesday.

But I always order extras to account for damages. ;)

Reactions: St4rlord
Well, now I've gotten myself some experience taking steelbooks apart in case I ever want to custom the disc holders to add more disc slots. Anyone customizing steels, how do you get the spine off without bending it? Are all spines superglued on?

It's very rare that I have my copies arrive before release day. Even if they reach my local UPS Hub early, they stick there until Tuesday.

So if I get through inspecting them all Tuesday night, I should know by Wednesday.

But I always order extras to account for damages. ;)
I'm not worried. I know from Best Buy to you you'll sort it, and then from you to overseas the packing will be great.

Imagine ordering direct from BB to the UK. :cry:

• Thanks
Reactions: apsmith21
Well, now I've gotten myself some experience taking steelbooks apart in case I ever want to custom the disc holders to add more disc slots. Anyone customizing steels, how do you get the spine off without bending it? Are all spines superglued on?
Heat it with hairdryer.
Use very very thin knife to carefully scrape it off.
Need to practice and have patience.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: apsmith21
I dunno, the colors are less dark/washed out on the new one, but the border is meh and the American flag just reminds me of a Reddit post I saw showing how US releases like to throw the US flag on everything

I dunno, the colors are less dark/washed out on the new one, but the border is meh and the American flag just reminds me of a Reddit post I saw showing how US releases like to throw the US flag on everything
I think the American flag for Captain America actually fits the movie though. I actually thought it was weird they removed it on the Zavvi one since it’s on the OG poster