Captain America: The Winter Soldier (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook Lenticular) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: November 30, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £24.99

11192346-8604340183077668.jpg

11192346-2514340183091765.jpg11192346-9674340183108253.jpg

Last edited:
Then we should probably stop buying any Blu ray steelbook right now...

I say stop buying Zavvi as this is like a kick to the face. They are trying to end the year on a good note, but they already burned their bridges with so many customers. Zavvi is still the worst steelbook retailer out there as they are ruining their own market and they don't even know it.

I say stop buying Zavvi as this is like a kick to the face. They are trying to end the year on a good note, but they already burned their bridges with so many customers. Zavvi is still the worst steelbook retailer out there as they are ruining their own market and they don't even know it.

I completely agree and understood your point. I will only buy these if they are available for about a tenner each. And I never ever preorder anything from Zavvi anymore...

I completely agree and understood your point. I will only buy these if they are available for about a tenner each. And I never ever preorder anything from Zavvi anymore...

I know it's making loyal customers feel so *** ok ones that zavvi have never released but not ones people only got in the last few years :(

I will be ordering Guardians, Winter soldier and Thor Dark world as they are the odd ones out in my collection with no titles on the spines, these will replace them nicely.

i'm counting 7 releases for Marvel wave, around 300 USA dollars at those prices....:(, i have been selective now days, not a steel junkie like before, i vave an extra job just for this hobby and still can not have a break for my wallet! lol....desperate times, i guess its time for selling organs work the streets up n down! lol

Why not just put a title on the spine the first time around?? Now way i am double dipping and paying that money for a title.
When it's a new Marvel film it will be same steelbook in Europe and most likely remain having photos instead of a title on the spine as it's cheaper to do one steelbook for multiple countries with no title on the spine
Reason is Zavvi and other retailers in Europe had no control on the 2014 release for the steelbook artwork of Captain America: The Winter Soldier Steelbook and why it had no title on the spine it was a shared print run

Disney Europe had only one steelbook made and it was World Wide Artwork and is why you saw the same steelbook released in Europe and in Asia (Blufans was March 2015 7 months later)
The actual steelbook was the same no title on the spine all that was different was a Jcard except Blufans it had a title but that was 7 months later

It is usually can be over a year it depends on the release Disney then consider new artwork for a release as an exclusive with a retailer
All artwork is decided by Disney with Marvel films with one exception The Hulk Films they are still with Universal for Blu-ray releases unless they drop the rights to make a new film

It takes ages normally to get approval for a new steelbook release with new artwork and Disney have full control as to what is allowed

It was August 2014 the previous WWA steelbook was released
It is now November 2015 so that is why you now see a re release with new artwork its an exclusive to one retailer not a general release

Last edited:
Reactions: TheWorz
I think I'm just done collecting Marvel steels, it's just getting too out of hand. I have one copy and that's enough. Have at it everyone else!

The price is the RRP price it will most likely be £24.99 or £25.99 when it goes live as will the other steelbooks