Captain America: The Winter Soldier (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook Lenticular) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: November 30, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £24.99

11192346-8604340183077668.jpg

11192346-2514340183091765.jpg11192346-9674340183108253.jpg

Last edited:
The more I look at this I think this has the best art out of the collection.
Like some have mentioned I might just go for the ones I have that don't have a title on the spine. Although Thor 2 is a messy design so I may skip that one

I have a feeling these won't sell out (maybe 1 or 2 will)

Liking the front artwork not seen this being used elsewhere this and Thor one have the best artwork from the lot as they stand out very nicely. Would be happy to add these two in my collection if that is the final outcome for them.

To be honest the company's slowly killing this hobby for me. To many releases of movies I already have, only because they know that this are the most popular movies. I want to get releases of movies that have no steelbook yet. I also think the prices are a joke, some are even more expensive than the first release. I think I have to face the fact that it makes no sense anymore to hunt down all the major releases of a movie. Better way to spent my time must be enjoying the ones I have and actually watching the movies instead of buying them again and again.

£28.99 is not the price it will be when it goes live it will be less

None of these steelbooks have been officially announced yet by Zavvi the price in the links are a place holder prices as are the release dates which may change
These steelbooks are not officially listed yet on the website or even announced by Zavvi yet
Zavvi have already tweeted these are not the actual prices they will be when ready to pre order

When they are live to pre order that is when the price will be known
Zavvi Zbox Curator tweet on twitter
That's not the final price, we've not released any info.

To be honest the company's slowly killing this hobby for me. To many releases of movies I already have, only because they know that this are the most popular movies. I want to get releases of movies that have no steelbook yet. I also think the prices are a joke, some are even more expensive than the first release. I think I have to face the fact that it makes no sense anymore to hunt down all the major releases of a movie. Better way to spent my time must be enjoying the ones I have and actually watching the movies instead of buying them again and again.

well spoken mate

Reactions: extantsrevenge
All retailers (not only Zavvi) know in the meantime how to milk us collectors in the steelbook business. It's easy for them to sell the same movie over and over again. All they need to do is to change the artwork or to include some postcards from time to time. Because it's human nature that we need alternation. I'm sure, if one of our creative ninjas does a customized artwork right now, EVERYBODY will find it better instantly ;)

For me, I decided only to double/tripple dipp, if a new artwork is soooo much better than the original (which is imo not the case here) :whistle:

Reactions: SteelbookGenius666
You know- you don't have to buy them.;)

Reactions: goufcustom
this marvel wave are for those collectors who miss the first and second release, no need to double/triple dip unless you plan to resell them on ebay, easy pass

At least they are including lenticulars on this wave. Its a welcome addition on Zavvi steels. Now only if they would be honest about print runs.

From Zavvi on Facebook and Twitter

Marvel-Logo2.jpg

Marvel fans assemble! ‪‎MarvelDay‬ is back on Zavvi... 20.11.5

Who's excited? Make sure to tag your fellow Marvel addicts so they don't miss out on the Marvel shopping event of the year!

Back in April, Zavvi’s ‘Marvel Day’ took place for the first time and on Friday 20th November it returns in full force!

In the wake of the ever-expanding Marvel Cinematic Universe, this Christmas you can guarantee that Marvel will be at the top of everyone’s wish lists and this ‘Marvelous’ Zavvi event will see exclusive product launches, (perhaps even some Steelbooks!), epic site-wide deals and sensational social competitions happening across the day. If you missed out last time, be sure to get involved!

Here’s just some of the fantastic prizes you could win on the day of the event.
Prizes-01.jpg

• Helpful Post
Reactions: UpsetSmiley
Get ready to press the pre-order button as it's only a matter of days now with the price having been adjusted to GBP 24.99 - hopefully ZVC5 will work on the day to bring it slightly lower to GBP 23.74.

Hoping for this one and "IM 3" over the week-end and for "IM" and "CA" on Friday (Marvel Day) . . .:happy: