Captain Marvel (4K+2D & 3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: July 15, 2019
Purchase links: 3D+2D - 4K+2D - Collector's Edition 3D+2D - Collector's Edition 4K+2D
Price: £24.99 (3D+2D) - £32.99 (4K+2D) - £59.99 (CE 3D+2D) - £67.99 (CE 4K+2D)
Notes: Collector's Editions limited to 1000 units worldwide.

12061642-6104671963506406.jpg12060728-2104655930386707.jpg
12061642-1664671963753828.jpg12061642-6724671963994956.jpg12061642-1184671964148148.jpg12060728-2544655600626086.jpg12060728-4784655600735370.jpg12060728-9664655601223308.jpg12060728-1474655600982816.jpg
12061642-9684655423233461.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: snooloui
Wasn't going to preorder this as I'll wait for blufans, buuuut that collectors edition does look interesting so i put in an order for now!

Here is my mockup

Nice job! :thumbs: Calling it now, this is definitely gonna be what Blufans' steelbook will look like

Reactions: toykuehn
4K Collectors edition is sold out for now
I expect will be back available before or after release date due to customer cancellations and orders that zavvi cancel

Ordered the regular 3D steel. The Collector's Edition is way too expensive and it wouldn't be in line with the previous MCU steels anway, so it was an easy pass.

I feel that collectors edition is a way of trying to be Blufans or another collectors set

Kind of poor work if the art is going to be the same boring old WW art with no title, if you are paying that much then you want a good overall product.

Actually, how much is Blufans if you are in the UK and you import a single or double lenti over? I feel like I'd be paying the same including delivery charges while Zavii being in the UK is £60 with free delivery.

I have gone out on a limb and have ordered the 3D Collectors Edition.
I can always cancel, but I am hoping they can match the Asian premium steelbooks.
If not it is a one and done deal

CE 4k+2d is showing as sold out now

stuck order in for 4k+2d for the minute, will wait for blufans though and then decide which i already know the answer too

just got back from the cinema really enjoyed it personally and stan the man is in it

word of warning you never look at a cat again the same:D

basil :thumbs:

Last edited:
Wasn't going to preorder this as I'll wait for blufans, buuuut that collectors edition does look interesting so i put in an order for now!

Nice job! :thumbs: Calling it now, this is definitely gonna be what Blufans' steelbook will look like

Fingers crossed, the front especially is perfect :drool:

Saw the film earlier today, good fun like all the MCU films :)

Special Collectors Sets my arse - Would anyone really pay 35 quid for some cheap cardboard tat and some childrens badges, if it wasnt with the steelbook ?
Well, by your logic it's all cheap cardboard tat... every steelbook, every slipcover from every retailer! It's all cardboard and tin with bits of plastic and paper knocking around.
Isn't this the point of collectors collecting though? If you like something and can afford it then you buy it, so the answer is yes people would pay for it but we aren't getting it without the steelbook so we know what the selling point is.

I completely agree with you, it's all cheap the materials used. It's peanuts to them compared to the profit they make, but because of how they are presented and we as customers love the movies then we buy them regardless.
I'm sucked into this machine too, but I want to be.

Reactions: RyanD
Ordered the 3D steelbook. Made up it isn't just a 2D which I had feared.

I would have ordered the collectors set but not for £35 extra. I would sooner get 2 more Steels instead.

So for the cheaper edition of the CE, like $78 before shipping. USD.

Sounds expensive but not too far off from a blufans DL, the pins and light up box are a nice touch too. I guess only downside is a WWA steel vs. WEA. And the real testament will be the build quality of the packaging. Still pretty exciting for Zavvi to finally get what may be a real? slipbox .............. as those ones Uni did were like cheap business card thin.

If Zavvi are making the move to compete with preexisting Premium Steelbook outlets, this is great!

If it's just a one-off, it'll annoy me. They have a premium collectors edition for Captain Marvel but not Infinity War? Come on...

If Zavvi are making the move to compete with preexisting Premium Steelbook outlets, this is great!

If it's just a one-off, it'll annoy me. They have a premium collectors edition for Captain Marvel but not Infinity War? Come on...
Why would it annoy you? You have the option to buy just the steelbook itself, so even if it is a one off then just pretend the special edition doesn't exist and ignore it. It's an additional option that wasn't there before up until now, so if anything they should be applauded. Everything has to start somewhere.

One off or not, its still better than it never coming along at all.

My money's on that second one being the design BF will go for, because it's also the art I was planning to use for my concept. :p

We're waiting for it haha :3

Show us the goods we can then get excited about and then disappointed when we see the actual Zavvi art XD

• Haha
Reactions: Noodles
We're waiting for it haha :3

Show us the goods we can then get excited about and then disappointed when we see the actual Zavvi art XD
Sean already did it, so no point in me doing the same design. I was already playing around with a different one though, so I'll just continue with that instead. ;)

Reactions: SEAN3431476