Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
Release date: June 11, 2019
Purchase link: Best Buy.ca
Price: CDN $44.99

marvel.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Copies are available in stores as well but they may have the same dent. So is this a flaw that bothers anybody else?
Or am I just too picky?

I've almost given up on getting "perfect" steelbooks these days. Been lucky so far with the orders from Best Buy that out of the 3 copies I get of any title, that one is as close to perfect. Small dents don't bother me as much as scratches.

Reactions: Stygian
I just took this photo of 5 recent SteelBooks from Best Buy showing the escalation of the flaw in the shrinkwrap. I don't think there are any dents underneath. From top to bottom (all recent 4K releases) Toy Story 3, Toy Story 2, Captain America The First Avenger, Winter Soldier and Civil War.

I also checked Atomic Blonde which has the same flaw which is a Universal release so it isn't just Disney SteelBooks.
I saw the same flaw in the same spots on Halloween, Venom, Aquaman and Spider-Verse. (I didn't keep any of those titles)

We'll see what happens in 2 weeks with Cinderella live, Cinderella animated and Dumbo.

20190611_2004205.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Does u have to rebuy another copy or bestbuy exchange the dented one ?
Bought 4, the 3 I returned one was the open one. Opened the one I kept in store and had to exchange instore with store stock. That one lucky didn’t have that weird dent in the back. They always let me exchange the open one. They never questioned the code. Only once had a issue in the past with a disc but it was sorted with a manager after going to twitter lol

You lucky ! My store don’t let me return any stock from online for refund at my store ...

Yeah my local store doesn't like returns either so most of the time I contact customer service for a return authorization label to ship the damaged copies back to them. They tell me it would be easier to just return them to a store. :rolleyes:

You lucky ! My store don’t let me return any stock from online for refund at my store ...

Yeah my local store doesn't like returns either so most of the time I contact customer service for a return authorization label to ship the damaged copies back to them. They tell me it would be easier to just return them to a store. :rolleyes:

I'm lucky that way where I'm allowed to return even if opened. I show them the damage and there are no questions asked.

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
You have to know that I’m a steelbook guys! I’m pretty quiet here only reason is because I speak French and my English is not so good but each week I received order from Bestbuy.ca , I was always returning my stock at my store ( Trois-Rivieres ) the only one in my area , the other nearest is 45 minutes drive.. and at the month of January one of these employee tell me that I made too many return and they could not accept anymore return from me ! I was very shocked ! I couldn’t believe what was happening , I’m a pretty good customer for Best Buy I can spend 200-300$ by month depend of what they released and I have contact the director of the store and tell him my thing that I always order 3 copy of steelbook to be sure that I have one perfect for my collection after that he understood my case and let me continue to make return at the store and at the middle of May , I go at the store for my refund usual and when I say at the guy it’s for return I go back and talk with his micro to his supervisor that I am at the store for my refund , they girl came at the desk and tell me M. Poisson , we cannot accept anymore return from you !!

Right away I call customer service to tell my story and they say me that I have to make complain at [email protected]

I have do all another time by writing and then they finally contact my at my store to give me 3 option ,

1- you preorder your steelbook in store so then when we get your steel you come and check the one you want and we refund you the others .

2-i pre order online but when I revived i call my store with my order number and they call customer service for me so I don’t have to deal with the customer service for have the shipping label

3- i pre order online and when I received I call customer service by my own and get my shipping label to ship at the post

That’s very frustrating !!

I don’t know what to do guys in Canada can you help me with this case

Same. The manager at my local one understands the reason and they all know me as the Steelbook guy lol

Likewise. When I go in, the person there knows very well why I'm there even before showing what I brought to return. They chat with me about what's next in line, when to expect to see me next, what movies I want to see on steelbook, etc.

@Drum18 @Stygian @Leprekon @Leafs17 @Shadow of Light

I need your opinion canadian collector please

Hard to give an opinion per se because at the end of the day, it's up to the discretion of the manager at the store. I don't know of a singular policy that they would deny you from returning unopened items especially since you have the invoice and the like to shoud you actually purchased the steelbooks rather than obtaining them through other means.

You have to know that I’m a steelbook guys! I’m pretty quiet here only reason is because I speak French and my English is not so good but each week I received order from Bestbuy.ca , I was always returning my stock at my store ( Trois-Rivieres ) the only one in my area , the other nearest is 45 minutes drive.. and at the month of January one of these employee tell me that I made too many return and they could not accept anymore return from me ! I was very shocked ! I couldn’t believe what was happening , I’m a pretty good customer for Best Buy I can spend 200-300$ by month depend of what they released and I have contact the director of the store and tell him my thing that I always order 3 copy of steelbook to be sure that I have one perfect for my collection after that he understood my case and let me continue to make return at the store and at the middle of May , I go at the store for my refund usual and when I say at the guy it’s for return I go back and talk with his micro to his supervisor that I am at the store for my refund , they girl came at the desk and tell me M. Poisson , we cannot accept anymore return from you !!

Right away I call customer service to tell my story and they say me that I have to make complain at [email protected]

I have do all another time by writing and then they finally contact my at my store to give me 3 option ,

1- you preorder your steelbook in store so then when we get your steel you come and check the one you want and we refund you the others .

2-i pre order online but when I revived i call my store with my order number and they call customer service for me so I don’t have to deal with the customer service for have the shipping label

3- i pre order online and when I received I call customer service by my own and get my shipping label to ship at the post

Oh… I get your pain. Let me write this in French, so that it's gonna be easier for you ;)

Je comprends TELLEMENT ce que tu vis. Malheureusement, c'est le genre de situation qui reste à la discrétion du magasin. Crois moi, je l'ai vécu et ce surtout quand je faisais de gros GB (group buy) de 100-150 copies de chaque steel. Je pouvais avoir 30-40 retours à faire… ouff…. Bien sûr, je devais faire plusieurs retours de 5-10 par magasin pour éviter des problèmes, mais vivant en banlieue de Montréal, j'avais quand même un bassin de 12-15 magasin à portée de 50 km, donc c'était "facile". Mais… un jour, un magasin m'a "black listé". La gérante m'avait spotté, et bien que j'étais un rare privilégié "consciemment autorisé par Future Shop (oui oui), elle ne voulait RIEN savoir…

Donc… pour répondre à ta question, je crois bien que tu n'auras pas le choix que de dealer avec le service en ligne. C'est relativement facile. Tu fais ta commande régulière et ensuite tu peux demander un label de retour… mais combien de temps/fois vont-ils t'autoriser… bonne question…

La joie du commerce en ligne et surtout la joie d'être un collectionneur d'item fragile contenant un film à l'intérieur...

As @Drum18 says, option 3 is probably your best option.

Reactions: fishvtec